Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Final Destination Set (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #601
Power Member

Jun 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodasFootPowder View Post
I don't think anyone hates the movie for how they introduced characters, necessarily, or the plot for that matter. They hate it because of the terribly laughable acting and other goofy things in the movie.
I find it enjoyable for its camp value but the acting is atrocious. I find Clooney particularly bad, he seems so awkward and amateurish. Not that I don't think Clooney is a good actor, it's just in this film. Of course, Arnie hams it up, but what else is he extected to do? It's that kind of film.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #602
Expert Member

Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
I find it enjoyable for its camp value but the acting is atrocious. I find Clooney particularly bad, he seems so awkward and amateurish. Not that I don't think Clooney is a good actor, it's just in this film. Of course, Arnie hams it up, but what else is he extected to do? It's that kind of film.

I remember I read an article about this recently when they were shooting this movie . George Clooney said the director wanted everybody to act like they were in a cartoon. I don't think anyone working on this movie cared about it. Oh how far superhero movies have come.
"I guess we were all just hungry"- Joe Toy
"good will always triumph"- Kai
“Cause thats what real brothers do whether their blood relatives or not they look out for each other. Those guys may have been related, but they weren't brothers there's a difference.”-Tom Mason
Old 01-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #603
Special Member

Jan 2009
Twin Cities, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
I agree, I simply liked seeing Arnie as a villain. But, man, even at 16 years old when it came out, I couldn't believe how laughable I found all the acting. And I'm not that hard to impress when it comes to movies.
"Does the Blu-ray version of '.......' look better than it's DVD version?"

I'm so sick of this question. 99% of Blu-rays look better than their DVD counterpart. Period.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #604
Power Member

Jun 2012
Canada

Quote:
I agree, I simply liked seeing Arnie as a villain. But, man, even at 16 years old when it came out, I couldn't believe how laughable I found all the acting. And I'm not that hard to impress when it comes to movies.
It's definitely a kids movie. I had never given it much thought but then about a year ago(?) I watched it with my kids (8 & 5) and they loved it! To them the acting didn't mean anything as it's about par for the course for any of the superhero cartoons they watch, and it's bright and colourful and silly. Seeing how much they enjoyed it made me enjoy it more too. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a "good" movie but it's an entertaining one.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #605

Jul 2009

Anyone see the upcoming Batman Armory from Sideshow Collectibles? The Alfred likeness is amazing.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/pr...alfred-001.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/pr...alfred-009.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/pr...alfred-016.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/pr...alfred-020.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/pr...alfred-026.jpg
Old 01-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #606

Jan 2013

Yeah, I think that'd be of more interest to the folks in the TDK trilogy thread, but it does look fantastic. Not too pricey, either (there's the initial sticker shock, but, when you do the math, it's among their more affordable products). I'm just happy because of the Batman. I hated their previous attempt, and their West and Keaton look so fantastic that I hoped they'd revisit it, and they did. It really does look incredible, though, and I'd definitely want to get the set with the three of them.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #607
Special Member

May 2011
Boulder City, Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 006 View Post
As far as the realism thing Nolans films, if you read what he actually said, he says that his intentions were to bring Batman into a more grounded realism and that he wanted to bring these fantastical characters into our world. That doesn't necessarily translate to realistic. Nolans films are all relatively believable but realistic? Please

Its realistic in the sense that you actually get to see and understand why someone would dress up like a Bat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I agree. There's also something about the Burton's vision of Gotham that feels more authentic to me compared to the Nolan ones. Like the whole atmosphere feels more like a dark fictional world filled with fantasy rather than looking like just another city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLeonidas300 View Post
In my opinion, I think that Burton's vision was more comic book driven as far as the feel and look while Nolan's was more along the lines of "what if this were to take place in the real world". Just my thoughts.

Cheers!
Quote:
Yeah that's how I see it too. The Burton ones have more of a comic book feel to them.
Quote:
Personally, I don't even think you can rank the Batman movies together because each series has a very different feel. I think Tim Burton's versions seem more comic book, which is cool, because it was, in fact, a comic book. (And he managed to keep the films dark). Nolan's versions make everything more real-life and less comic. Both are very good sets of films, but too different to rate together, at least for me.

We won't even talk about Batman Forever or Batman and Robin.

As for Batman the Movie. Well, that film will always be a classic to me because I grew up with it. The only thing bad about it is it's just so dated and campy.
Nolan's movies ARE Batman films! Nolan is based on Frank Miller's and Alan Moore's and Joseph Loeb's take! go read Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, The Long Halloween and The Killing Joke which Nolan loved and remixed them for his movies and they are the best Batman stories ever told, hell even Frank himself praised the trilogy as close to his vision.

Burton's movies are enjoyable but they are definitely more Tim Burton films than less Batman films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiju View Post
Since everyone else is ranking the films...

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Definitely for me man! i dislike Batman Forever and Batman and Robin yet the first movie looks good and the other looks stunning.

But it baffles me how a piece of crap like B&R looks stunning on HD? i mean you can't polish a turd. I actually walked out of Joel Schumacher's big screen gay fantasy posing as a batman film in 97 when i was a teen, i'm glad Nolan rebooted the series.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #608

Dec 2012

Is there a difference, content-wise, between the Batman Anthology and the 4 Film Favorites package?

Reason being is that there is a fairly huge difference in price, and if the 4 film favorites is cheaper, I might simply go for that (more compact, same content).
My Equipment:
Panasonic Viera TC-P55UT50
Denon AVR-1913
SuperSlim PS3
Old 06-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #609
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBuckFilms View Post
Is there a difference, content-wise, between the Batman Anthology and the 4 Film Favorites package?

Reason being is that there is a fairly huge difference in price, and if the 4 film favorites is cheaper, I might simply go for that (more compact, same content).
Nope.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #610
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY
Send a message via Skype™ to KaineKinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Nope.
The only difference is the Individual Cases vs Stacked Disks and a DVD of Batman (1989)
My 3DS nickname: Kaine
My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
WiiU NNID: Kaine_Morrison
XboX Live GamerTag: KaineKinetic
My Selling Page UPDATED 9/17-14
Old 06-13-2014, 08:38 PM   #611

Nov 2009
Boston, MA
Send a message via AIM to BDrischBDemented

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineKinetic View Post
The only difference is the Individual Cases vs Stacked Disks and a DVD of Batman (1989)
The anthology has a digital copy of "Batman" on a disc, not an actual DVD of the movie itself. It may have also expired by this point.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #612
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDrischBDemented View Post
The anthology has a digital copy of "Batman" on a disc, not an actual DVD of the movie itself. It may have also expired by this point.
What the heck was the point of that?
Old 06-13-2014, 11:40 PM   #613
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
What the heck was the point of that?
That's how digital copies used to come. My Anthology did not come with a digital copy disc as far as I recall.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #614

Dec 2012

Thanks everyone.
My Equipment:
Panasonic Viera TC-P55UT50
Denon AVR-1913
SuperSlim PS3
Old 06-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #615
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY

Quote:
That's how digital copies used to come. My Anthology did not come with a digital copy disc as far as I recall.
I know that. but didn't that stop around the time this set was released?
I know some still do it this way, but it is very few and far between.
But Why not do what some others did, DVD and DigiCopy on the same DVD as the movie?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #616
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2014

Quote:
I know that. but didn't that stop around the time this set was released?
I know some still do it this way, but it is very few and far between.
But Why not do what some others did, DVD and DigiCopy on the same DVD as the movie?
Warner experimented with several ways of delivering Digital Copies.

1) BD with DVD-ROM disc for the Digital Copy
2) BD with DVD that had the movie and the Digital Copy
3) BD with a code to download the Digital Copy from a Warner computer server
4) BD with Flixster/UV code

The Batman Anthology was released during Phase 1, so it only had a DVD-ROM disc. The set went Out of Print for a while, and when it was released again, Warner stopped including the DVD-ROM disc.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #617
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Suffolk County, NY

I didn't realize that the Anthology was that early in the release schedule. that's what's throwing me off.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #618
Special Member

May 2011
Boulder City, Nevada

Quote:
I know man, i felt like walking out of the theater when i was your age when it came out and i had to wait until my mom came to pick me up at one of the mall theaters.

I couldn't believe i wasted my money on that garbage and you glad Nolan rebooted the series Yoda?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America