Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Final Destination Set (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 10-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #2921
snsguy snsguy is offline
Special Member
 
snsguy's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Nashville, TN (In a cave, in a dark, cold, cave)
247
498
59
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Good God man! Thankfully she didn't get closer. Glad you are feeling better. Yeah, the back issue set in shortly after the accident, IIRC. It seems like so long ago it is hard to remember everything. Funny you say it is like having a knife shoved in your spine because when I describe it to my wife during one of my episodes, I tell her it is like someone shoving a flat head screw driver in there and working it around. I know exactly what you mean dude! I don't have many episodes anymore, but when I do it can be from anything like stepping out of the car, putting on socks or shoes, turning to grab something on the counter. Funny because I can go to the gym and deadlift 400-500lbs and not have a problem, but something simple can knock me out for a few days to sometimes a month. Have to give alot of credit to getting to the gym. Even when I have an episode, I make it a point to med up and get my ass there or keep moving in some way. Even if it is just walking around.
Yep that's what it feels like. There isn't to many ways to describe that kind of pain. It's incredible that you can get out do what your doing. Not a lot of people can see they can lift that much let alone deal with that kind of pain. I can lift my dog. He's 11 lb's so that isn't saying much. Seriously it's really impressive!

Had the procedure on Monday. Dude, a little warning. If they ever talk about injections find out what that entails first. The test injections were pin pricks. They don't actually inject the nerves with anything. Something to do with radiating heat waves run through the needles to the nerves, frying and killing them.

They stuck about 10 to 12 needles, deep into my back each of them into the nerves and muscle tissue. The most painful times when by back flares up is when it radiates through the lower back muscle down the side of my thigh to the knee cap. Well the 6th needle hit that nerve and it went into overdrive. Instant charlie horse that lasted for about 10 minutes. They dug around with that needle and everyone after that just made it worse. I completely lost count after that.

When they got done with the needles they send electric pulses through them to make sure they haven't hit anything they aren't supposed to. The numbing comes after all of that. They even gave me a little get well give prize and said I had to come back in 3 weeks to get the other side done. I kept wondering why does everyone keep asking me which side are they doing. I asked my wife before I went in shouldn't they know which side it's on? The doc said we're doing the right side today right. I said the left each time cause that's the side I feel most of the pain on. I didn't find out until leaving that they have to do each side of the spine separately. So I not only get to look forward to the event not once but twice every 6 to 12 months.

The good thing is that they always ask me what music I want to listen to. Of course I say Movie Scores. They are quite puzzled and I always have to say Hans Zimmer, John Williams. The Doctor loves it because it makes everything he does so much more dramatic. It helps me keep my mind distracted and impresses the ladies when I know the composer and movie. I nailed them all. The songs of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Haven't seem the special features for Edge of Tomorrow yet. I typically don't watch those so my view Iof the movie doesn't change. Hell, I don't even watch the SW ones usually, LOL!
Lou, you not watching every known piece of Star Wars footage known to man kind. That's almost sacrilege. I usually don't either. Not big on the content they usually have. This was really impressive though. It actually justified my love for the movie so much more. It's really unbelievable how so much of what they did was real and not CGI. I thought there would be a ton of green screen used but it's a sliver to what you normally would expect. I have a lot more appreciation for the people that worked on that film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
Holy crap, I'm glad your wife didn't kill you with that kiss attempt.
Her kisses can be deadly. She felt really bad about it. I always tell her not to. It's actually easier to find out if I'm going to react to something with her then to have someone come over and find out then. It also makes it a lot easier to know what I can and can't handle. We've got it kind of down to a science now. We get guests rarely but they are all aware of it and the precautions they have to take in order to be able to come over. If they are just there here for a few hours we have sanitze wipes and listerine tabs so it kills anything on their breath and wipes off anything that they might have touched before coming in. If they stay for more then one day we provide them with all the amenities so they use everything that we do. We even wash all their clothes with our detergent since I react to so many of them. They are all great about it. We have to be strict but it's the only way to keep it minimized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
Feel free to unload on anything thats going on in your life whenever you want. Statues and collectibles are cool and all, but nothing is more important than your health, or a family member's health.
Thanks bud! I really appreciate that. I have to say chatting with you guys has been helping me out a lot. So thanks again guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
I was planning on asking for the Edge of Tomorrow 3d Blu for Christmas. I gotta save myself some stuff to ask for on my list. I've read that the DOFP blu-ray has been giving a lot people issues on a range of different players. I hope they get a fix out for it soon.
There is always Black Friday to. I'm sure they are going to have some big titles for cheap. I'm looking for more tc shows right now. I'm watching S3 of Grimm right now. I really love that show. Ya I'm waiting on DOFP to. I'm sure they will release another disc in the future that won't have the same issue. It seems that it is a new encoding that has been placed on the disc to stop theft. They are going to have to make a change to it and fix it since so many people are having issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
I'm still really torn on the three DC PFs. I love all three of them so much. I hope you get your Sinestro soon. They have delayed that thing way too many times. The ASM2 HT looks really cool from the pics I've seen, I don't think you'll be disappointed one bit.
Ya, me to bud. I heard it might be delayed again. If it is oh well. I have it paid for so I'm good to go. Which 3 DC PF's?

How is your dad and family by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
LOL! You are a brave man!

It's either that or this outfit from Archer:

That would hillarious! Is there anyway to watch Rebels besides cable or dvr or do we have to wait till it's on netflix?
My Home Theater COMPLETED 11/6/13
My Memorabilia UPDATED 4/9/14
TV-Pioneer Kuro 500M Reciever-marantz SR5003 Front-polkaudio Monitor 60's Center-polkaudio CS2 Surrounds-ONKYO SKM-540S Subwoofer-Outlaw LFM-1 Plus BD Player-oppo BDP-83 Gaming-XBOX360 S Conditioner and Protector-APC H15
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #2922
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1971
187
89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
I'm going dressed as Padme's Epiosde II midriff:

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Operation Swordfish (10-22-2014)
Old 10-22-2014, 04:29 PM   #2923
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1971
187
89
Default

I meant to ask this yesterday, when I got the email, but I see BBTS has the Batman/Superman Jim Lee art statues in a bookend set, for $250.
I've always wanted the original full size statues, but could never find a decent price on them. So I might just go with these:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...l&utm_content=
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #2924
terp_fan99 terp_fan99 is offline
Expert Member
 
terp_fan99's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Montana
550
158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I think you meant to have this response:

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Operation Swordfish (10-22-2014)
Old 10-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #2925
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
1971
187
89
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #2926
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is offline
Special Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsguy View Post
Yep that's what it feels like. There isn't to many ways to describe that kind of pain. It's incredible that you can get out do what your doing. Not a lot of people can see they can lift that much let alone deal with that kind of pain. I can lift my dog. He's 11 lb's so that isn't saying much. Seriously it's really impressive!

Had the procedure on Monday. Dude, a little warning. If they ever talk about injections find out what that entails first. The test injections were pin pricks. They don't actually inject the nerves with anything. Something to do with radiating heat waves run through the needles to the nerves, frying and killing them.

They stuck about 10 to 12 needles, deep into my back each of them into the nerves and muscle tissue. The most painful times when by back flares up is when it radiates through the lower back muscle down the side of my thigh to the knee cap. Well the 6th needle hit that nerve and it went into overdrive. Instant charlie horse that lasted for about 10 minutes. They dug around with that needle and everyone after that just made it worse. I completely lost count after that.

When they got done with the needles they send electric pulses through them to make sure they haven't hit anything they aren't supposed to. The numbing comes after all of that. They even gave me a little get well give prize and said I had to come back in 3 weeks to get the other side done. I kept wondering why does everyone keep asking me which side are they doing. I asked my wife before I went in shouldn't they know which side it's on? The doc said we're doing the right side today right. I said the left each time cause that's the side I feel most of the pain on. I didn't find out until leaving that they have to do each side of the spine separately. So I not only get to look forward to the event not once but twice every 6 to 12 months.
Oh man that sounds so bad! I don't even know what to say .

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsguy View Post
The good thing is that they always ask me what music I want to listen to. Of course I say Movie Scores. They are quite puzzled and I always have to say Hans Zimmer, John Williams. The Doctor loves it because it makes everything he does so much more dramatic. It helps me keep my mind distracted and impresses the ladies when I know the composer and movie. I nailed them all. The songs of course.
LOL! Thats really cool. That they let you pick what you want to listen to. Its the least they could do with all of that pain they are causing you. Hopefully when the whole this is over they will let you nail them all. (The ladies of course )

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsguy View Post
Lou, you not watching every known piece of Star Wars footage known to man kind. That's almost sacrilege. I usually don't either. Not big on the content they usually have. This was really impressive though. It actually justified my love for the movie so much more. It's really unbelievable how so much of what they did was real and not CGI. I thought there would be a ton of green screen used but it's a sliver to what you normally would expect. I have a lot more appreciation for the people that worked on that film.
I completely agree with you here. Lou, you really need to watch the SW extras as well. They are extremely entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsguy View Post
Her kisses can be deadly. She felt really bad about it. I always tell her not to. It's actually easier to find out if I'm going to react to something with her then to have someone come over and find out then. It also makes it a lot easier to know what I can and can't handle. We've got it kind of down to a science now. We get guests rarely but they are all aware of it and the precautions they have to take in order to be able to come over. If they are just there here for a few hours we have sanitze wipes and listerine tabs so it kills anything on their breath and wipes off anything that they might have touched before coming in. If they stay for more then one day we provide them with all the amenities so they use everything that we do. We even wash all their clothes with our detergent since I react to so many of them. They are all great about it. We have to be strict but it's the only way to keep it minimized.

Thanks bud! I really appreciate that. I have to say chatting with you guys has been helping me out a lot. So thanks again guys.

There is always Black Friday to. I'm sure they are going to have some big titles for cheap. I'm looking for more tc shows right now. I'm watching S3 of Grimm right now. I really love that show. Ya I'm waiting on DOFP to. I'm sure they will release another disc in the future that won't have the same issue. It seems that it is a new encoding that has been placed on the disc to stop theft. They are going to have to make a change to it and fix it since so many people are having issues.

Ya, me to bud. I heard it might be delayed again. If it is oh well. I have it paid for so I'm good to go. Which 3 DC PF's?

How is your dad and family by the way?

That would hillarious! Is there anyway to watch Rebels besides cable or dvr or do we have to wait till it's on netflix?
I'm glad to hear you guys have a system that works out with your visitors. With those kinds of reactions you never can be too overly cautious.

I can't believe Sinestro will probably delayed again. This is getting ridiculous. I'm still trying to decide which Batman villianess I'm going to pick of the 2 or if I'm going to go with Batgirl instead. I'm leading towards Catwoman the most as she is my favorite character of the 3 PFs I'm considering.

I think the only place that will have Rebels besides cable will be Netflix eventually.

Thanks for asking about my dad. Its helping me out quite a bit being able to talk about it . My dad has been doing quite a bit better the last few days. He seems to be getting a little more mobile but not quite as good as I hope he gets. Its hard to tell but he may have to use a wheelchair for most things from this point forward. But the big thing I'm getting happy about is it seems that his cognitive ability is improving. I think he is still going to have some good days and bad ones but hopefully the goods will outnumber the bads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I meant to ask this yesterday, when I got the email, but I see BBTS has the Batman/Superman Jim Lee art statues in a bookend set, for $250.
I've always wanted the original full size statues, but could never find a decent price on them. So I might just go with these:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...l&utm_content=
I actually really liked both of those when they were just statues, but now that they are bookends thats really awesome! Jim Lee is definitely one of my favorite artists to date. I'm not a bookend collector though does $250 sound about right for these? Do you think they will go down a bit later?
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #2927
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
The Pacific NW
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsguy View Post
Yep that's what it feels like. There isn't to many ways to describe that kind of pain. It's incredible that you can get out do what your doing. Not a lot of people can see they can lift that much let alone deal with that kind of pain. I can lift my dog. He's 11 lb's so that isn't saying much. Seriously it's really impressive!

Had the procedure on Monday. Dude, a little warning. If they ever talk about injections find out what that entails first. The test injections were pin pricks. They don't actually inject the nerves with anything. Something to do with radiating heat waves run through the needles to the nerves, frying and killing them.

They stuck about 10 to 12 needles, deep into my back each of them into the nerves and muscle tissue. The most painful times when by back flares up is when it radiates through the lower back muscle down the side of my thigh to the knee cap. Well the 6th needle hit that nerve and it went into overdrive. Instant charlie horse that lasted for about 10 minutes. They dug around with that needle and everyone after that just made it worse. I completely lost count after that.

When they got done with the needles they send electric pulses through them to make sure they haven't hit anything they aren't supposed to. The numbing comes after all of that. They even gave me a little get well give prize and said I had to come back in 3 weeks to get the other side done. I kept wondering why does everyone keep asking me which side are they doing. I asked my wife before I went in shouldn't they know which side it's on? The doc said we're doing the right side today right. I said the left each time cause that's the side I feel most of the pain on. I didn't find out until leaving that they have to do each side of the spine separately. So I not only get to look forward to the event not once but twice every 6 to 12 months.

The good thing is that they always ask me what music I want to listen to. Of course I say Movie Scores. They are quite puzzled and I always have to say Hans Zimmer, John Williams. The Doctor loves it because it makes everything he does so much more dramatic. It helps me keep my mind distracted and impresses the ladies when I know the composer and movie. I nailed them all. The songs of course.



Lou, you not watching every known piece of Star Wars footage known to man kind. That's almost sacrilege. I usually don't either. Not big on the content they usually have. This was really impressive though. It actually justified my love for the movie so much more. It's really unbelievable how so much of what they did was real and not CGI. I thought there would be a ton of green screen used but it's a sliver to what you normally would expect. I have a lot more appreciation for the people that worked on that film.



Her kisses can be deadly. She felt really bad about it. I always tell her not to. It's actually easier to find out if I'm going to react to something with her then to have someone come over and find out then. It also makes it a lot easier to know what I can and can't handle. We've got it kind of down to a science now. We get guests rarely but they are all aware of it and the precautions they have to take in order to be able to come over. If they are just there here for a few hours we have sanitze wipes and listerine tabs so it kills anything on their breath and wipes off anything that they might have touched before coming in. If they stay for more then one day we provide them with all the amenities so they use everything that we do. We even wash all their clothes with our detergent since I react to so many of them. They are all great about it. We have to be strict but it's the only way to keep it minimized.



Thanks bud! I really appreciate that. I have to say chatting with you guys has been helping me out a lot. So thanks again guys.



There is always Black Friday to. I'm sure they are going to have some big titles for cheap. I'm looking for more tc shows right now. I'm watching S3 of Grimm right now. I really love that show. Ya I'm waiting on DOFP to. I'm sure they will release another disc in the future that won't have the same issue. It seems that it is a new encoding that has been placed on the disc to stop theft. They are going to have to make a change to it and fix it since so many people are having issues.



Ya, me to bud. I heard it might be delayed again. If it is oh well. I have it paid for so I'm good to go. Which 3 DC PF's?

How is your dad and family by the way?



That would hillarious! Is there anyway to watch Rebels besides cable or dvr or do we have to wait till it's on netflix?
The only shots I've had in my back are Cortisone shots. Back between 2002 and 2004 IIRC, I had 5 or 6 in that period. Nothing like what you described though. Does it feel any better? I totally get you about the flare up and pain running down the side of the thigh. I don't know if your legs are the same, but I have loss of feeling in both of mine from the accident. Which, TBH, I kinda don't mind because it has allowed me to brutally train my legs.

I've seen bits and pieces of the behind the scenes stuff for SW, but the magic for me is in the movies. I find that if I see how something is done, it tends to pop in my head when I'm viewing the film, and I rather just enjoy it w/o knowing. I did, however, watch the movies with commentary. Especially TCW. I don't know what it is about Filoni and those guys, but it is very enjoyable listening them talk about the show.

There's an app on the Disney Channel site I believe where you can watch them on your mobile device or something like that. Not 100% sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post

Thanks for asking about my dad. Its helping me out quite a bit being able to talk about it . My dad has been doing quite a bit better the last few days. He seems to be getting a little more mobile but not quite as good as I hope he gets. Its hard to tell but he may have to use a wheelchair for most things from this point forward. But the big thing I'm getting happy about is it seems that his cognitive ability is improving. I think he is still going to have some good days and bad ones but hopefully the goods will outnumber the bads.
Happy to hear there is some improvement. That's awesome you have a good relationship with your dad. Enjoy the hell out of it!
STARKILLER--1138's Galaxy Far, Far Away.... *Updated 7/28/14

STARKILLER--1138's Profile @ PSN Profiles

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:43 PM.