Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$49.98
Home Alone Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Lost After Dark (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$89.98
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$49.48
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #81
Stinky-Dinkins Stinky-Dinkins is offline
Power Member
 
Stinky-Dinkins's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
USA
1
Default

Thanks.

Fist of Fury added to the list.
Movies!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #82
The Dragon The Dragon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
The Dragon's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
74
774
471
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelwu View Post
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=12477

This sure belongs to this thread.
It's FIST OF FURY, you Ninny!

FOL is Jet Li-20 yrs later!

For MARVEL:
http://i.imgur.com/wrXk8kg.gif
For Trade:
[Show spoiler] Thor:TDW (Zavvi SB)
CA:TWS (BBE SB)
Guardians (BBE SB)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:33 AM   #83
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.
53
1489
137
133
34
Default

Monsters University needs to be added. It has the same issues as Total Recall (2012).
"I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room... as inevitable as your guilty conscience..."
My Motion Picture Collection
My Vinyl Collection
My VUDU Collection
PSN: HD_Goofnut
World of Tanks: HD_Goofnut
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:06 AM   #84
PeterTHX PeterTHX is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Monsters University needs to be added. It has the same issues as Total Recall (2012).
No, because it plays fine on many different players. It's a chipset issue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #85
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.
53
1489
137
133
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
No, because it plays fine on many different players. It's a chipset issue.
Is it not the same story with Total Recall?
"I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room... as inevitable as your guilty conscience..."
My Motion Picture Collection
My Vinyl Collection
My VUDU Collection
PSN: HD_Goofnut
World of Tanks: HD_Goofnut
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:21 PM   #86
PeterTHX PeterTHX is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Is it not the same story with Total Recall?
The chipset isn't clocking the TrueHD bitstream correctly so when there's a branch on the disc it loses track. So Total Recall has the same errors. The MI4K doesn't branch so there isn't issue with its TrueHD track on certain players. Decoding to PCM in the player should resolve the issue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:31 AM   #87
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.
53
1489
137
133
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
The chipset isn't clocking the TrueHD bitstream correctly so when there's a branch on the disc it loses track. So Total Recall has the same errors. The MI4K doesn't branch so there isn't issue with its TrueHD track on certain players. Decoding to PCM in the player should resolve the issue.
Got it.
"I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room... as inevitable as your guilty conscience..."
My Motion Picture Collection
My Vinyl Collection
My VUDU Collection
PSN: HD_Goofnut
World of Tanks: HD_Goofnut
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #88
RD1973 RD1973 is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2010
Miami, FL
354
1
Default

I just bought the Sarah Connor Chronicles Seasons 1 and 2, and I stumbled across an Australian thread about a disc replacement program. Apparently, the Australian Season 2 set skipped and froze all over disc one. Does anyone know if this was just an Australian issue, or do the U.S. discs have the same issue?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:22 AM   #89
uther uther is offline
Power Member
 
Sep 2008
1
1
Default

Need to added the big Criterion defective discs collection, Stinky:

http://www.criterion.com/current/pos...efective-discs

Might be just the first batch thou.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #90
Stinky-Dinkins Stinky-Dinkins is offline
Power Member
 
Stinky-Dinkins's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
USA
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uther View Post
Need to added the big Criterion defective discs collection, Stinky:

http://www.criterion.com/current/pos...efective-discs

Might be just the first batch thou.
Thanks, will do.
Movies!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #91
Filmmaker Filmmaker is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Filmmaker's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)
1103
589
21
Default

What with the recent rash of disc recalls (audio on THE SOPRANOS, video on BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, et al), is anyone still maintaining this list?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:50 PM   #92
jscoggins jscoggins is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2014
115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
What with the recent rash of disc recalls (audio on THE SOPRANOS, video on BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, et al), is anyone still maintaining this list?
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=249210
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:38 PM   #93
Stinky-Dinkins Stinky-Dinkins is offline
Power Member
 
Stinky-Dinkins's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
USA
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
What with the recent rash of disc recalls (audio on THE SOPRANOS, video on BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, et al), is anyone still maintaining this list?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post

I completely and totally forgot about it to be honest with you. Sorry about that.

If someone, like the person who posted above, is more interested in maintaining a complete list and keeping it up to date feel totally free to just grab any stuff I've already posted by just pressing the quote button and cutting it out - that way it'll have all the hyperlinks and embedded info I've already already formatted into it, if any of it isn't already in the newest thread. If you do I'll just edit my opening post to link directly to your thread as the new replacement/exchange database thing, and make sure people know this isn't the most current one.
Movies!

Last edited by Stinky-Dinkins; 07-23-2015 at 01:16 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:53 PM   #94
jscoggins jscoggins is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2014
115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky-Dinkins View Post
I completely and totally forgot about it to be honest with you. Sorry about that.

If someone, like the person who posted above, is more interested in maintaining a complete list and keeping it up to date feel totally free to just any stuff I've already posted by just pressing the quote button and cutting it out - that way it'll have all the URL and hyperlinks and shit already linked into it, if any of it isn't already in your thread. If you do I'll just edit my opening post to link directly to your thread as the new replacement/exchange database thing.
Some of the exchange/replacement programs are actually inactive, and I've notated them as such. I think my list is complete and up-to-date.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bkhage01 (07-23-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 12:46 AM   #95
Stinky-Dinkins Stinky-Dinkins is offline
Power Member
 
Stinky-Dinkins's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
USA
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post
Some of the exchange/replacement programs are actually inactive, and I've notated them as such. I think my list is complete and up-to-date.
OK cool. I'll keep the body of my original post as it is now archived in spoiler tags, that way if you have missed any data from it or if anyone needs to refer to it you can still use the quote function to cut and paste from it and toss it into your thread, but people won't think it's the most up to date list anymore.

I'll link your thread in the opening post.

Maybe it'd be good to have a mod edit the title of your thread (dunno if they actually do that though) so people know it's a list for everything and not just the recent batch of Criterion stuff, because I'm sure a lot of people find threads for replacement/exchange programs through the title search function.
Movies!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:50 AM   #96
jscoggins jscoggins is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2014
115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky-Dinkins View Post
OK cool. I'll keep the body of my original post as it is now archived in spoiler tags, that way if you have missed any data from it or if anyone needs to refer to it you can still use the quote function to cut and paste from it and toss it into your thread, but people won't think it's the most up to date list anymore.

I'll link your thread in the opening post.

Maybe it'd be good to have a mod edit the title of your thread (dunno if they actually do that though) so people know it's a list for everything and not just the recent batch of Criterion stuff, because I'm sure a lot of people find threads for replacement/exchange programs through the title search function.
I ran out of thanks, so .
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
defective, defects, exchange, gladiator, replacement

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:06 AM.