Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Knight Rider: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Pete's Dragon (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Legend of Tarzan 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Pokémon: The Movies 1-3 Collection: Pokémon: The First Movie / Pokémon: The Movie 2000 / Pokémon 3: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$21.99
The Legend of Tarzan (Blu-ray)
$24.95
The Flash: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Miracles from Heaven (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Suicide Squad 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
Suicide Squad (Blu-ray)
$24.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2015, 04:34 AM   #841
eledoremassis02 eledoremassis02 is offline
Active Member
 
eledoremassis02's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
87
2
Default

Is the thickness of the box about the same as shouts Bruce Lee set? I'm thinking of getting it and putting it in a protective case
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:28 AM   #842
HuggyBear73 HuggyBear73 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
HuggyBear73's Avatar
 
May 2011
110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eledoremassis02 View Post
Is the thickness of the box about the same as shouts Bruce Lee set? I'm thinking of getting it and putting it in a protective case
I've been waiting for WB to release this without the swag.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #843
jtu128 jtu128 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jul 2010
334
101
68
1
Default

Is the only way to get the remastered disc to shell out $30+ ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:05 AM   #844
saturnhst saturnhst is offline
Member
 
Nov 2014
Default

I have the 40th Anniversary Edition but didn't like the eco blu-ray case they included, so I got the Steelbook edition and swapped the case.





  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
B72 (08-12-2016), GasmaskAvenger (08-18-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 08:34 AM   #845
reason108 reason108 is offline
Special Member
 
reason108's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnhst View Post
I have the 40th Anniversary Edition but didn't like the eco blu-ray case they included, so I got the Steelbook edition and swapped the case.








I re-did mine too! I just put the disc and artwork from the original blu-ray release in with the 40th Anniversary Edition, using a new 2-disc case. Got to save space where I can!

Covers.jpg

Disc tray.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:39 AM   #846
Fabs Fabs is offline
Expert Member
 
Fabs's Avatar
 
Nov 2013
-
-
Default

Is there going to be an individual version of this? I like the transfer, but I don't need all the extras and it's still going for around $30-40, three years after release!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #847
B72 B72 is offline
Senior Member
 
B72's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
122
28
38
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
Is there going to be an individual version of this? I like the transfer, but I don't need all the extras and it's still going for around $30-40, three years after release!
I hate to be a cheapskate, but I agree

If Jaws and Rio Bravo can be thrown in a dishoveled $7.88 bin
I say, let a slimmed down Enter the Dragon take a dive

all 3 films are masterpieces in my eyes BTW -
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:16 AM   #848
Fabs Fabs is offline
Expert Member
 
Fabs's Avatar
 
Nov 2013
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtu128 View Post
Is the only way to get the remastered disc to shell out $30+ ?
Unfortunately, I think so. I like the new transfer, but I just can't bring myself to spend $20 on useless things, when all I need is the film... so I bought the old edition.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:50 AM   #849
Markgway Markgway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Markgway's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Scotland
4
Default

Old edition: Jaggies!

New edition: contrast boosting and colour regrading!

Take your pick!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #850
The Dragon The Dragon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
The Dragon's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
85
867
471
2
Default

For MARVEL:
http://i.imgur.com/wrXk8kg.gif
For Trade:
[Show spoiler] Thor:TDW (Zavvi SB)
CA:TWS (BBE SB)
Guardians (BBE SB)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:45 PM   #851
JohnCarpenterFan JohnCarpenterFan is offline
Expert Member
 
JohnCarpenterFan's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
295
Default

Can't speak for color accuracy, but there's nothing out of the ordinary in there while the colors on the old disc have a digital look which is common on older masters. There are no issues with contrast boosting, the only reason it's being brought up is because of the weak colors and contrast on the old disc which would absolutely not look that way on film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:33 PM   #852
Markgway Markgway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Markgway's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Scotland
4
Default

Actually I don't like either transfer. Both are ugly.

Maybe contrast boosting isn't the right term.

What would you say is going on in this cap?
https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x...6&l=0&i=1&go=1

Teal tint?
https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x...7&l=0&i=2&go=1

Where's the green?
https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x...9&l=0&i=4&go=1
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #853
Fabs Fabs is offline
Expert Member
 
Fabs's Avatar
 
Nov 2013
-
-
Default

I just wish the new one was cheaper. 3 years later and we still have yet to see a movie only version.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:22 AM   #854
Markgway Markgway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Markgway's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Scotland
4
Default

Give me the theatrical cut with original mono. That's all I really want.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #855
HeavyHitter HeavyHitter is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
HeavyHitter's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCarpenterFan View Post
Can't speak for color accuracy, but there's nothing out of the ordinary in there while the colors on the old disc have a digital look which is common on older masters. There are no issues with contrast boosting, the only reason it's being brought up is because of the weak colors and contrast on the old disc which would absolutely not look that way on film.
Agreed, color looks vastly superior on the newer disc.

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&...=77318&i=3&l=0
JVC DLA-RS4810 front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100, CinemaScope 9 foot wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300B plasma (ISF pro-cal'd)
Oppo BDP-980, BDP-983 & BDP-103D Blu-ray player
Denon 7.1 AVR-X3000 (REW & Audyssey pro-cal'd)
Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 55 (fronts)
Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 (surrounds x 4)
HSU VTF-15H sub
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:45 PM   #856
Cactus Cactus is offline
Active Member
 
Cactus's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
88
1
Default

In this screenshot I would absolutely prefer the old disc over the new transfer, colorwise.

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&...=77315&i=0&l=0
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
whiteberry (08-18-2016)
Old 08-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #857
JohnCarpenterFan JohnCarpenterFan is offline
Expert Member
 
JohnCarpenterFan's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
In this screenshot I would absolutely prefer the old disc over the new transfer, colorwise.

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&...=77315&i=0&l=0
Interesting because in this video of a 35mm projection of that scene, it shows that the print is more in line with the new disc than the old:


Because of the method of capture, it appears brightened but if your mind is able to compensate for the brightness difference then it looks very much like the remaster.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:02 PM   #858
Cactus Cactus is offline
Active Member
 
Cactus's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
88
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCarpenterFan View Post
Interesting because in this video of a 35mm projection of that scene, it shows that the print is more in line with the new disc than the old:

Enter The Dragon (opening scene) - YouTube

Because of the method of capture, it appears brightened but if your mind is able to compensate for the brightness difference then it looks very much like the remaster.
My preference has no bearing on how it's supposed to look.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #859
grim_tales grim_tales is offline
Power Member
 
Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK
Default

Does the Steelbook include the remastered disc too?
Display: Panasonic ET61 1080p HD LED 3D (ISF Pro Cal'd)
Blu Ray: Panasonic BDT370 3D Player
Reciever: Yamaha RXV373


http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/grim_tales1

My Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #860
saltysam saltysam is offline
Senior Member
 
Mar 2010
724
64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_tales View Post
Does the Steelbook include the remastered disc too?
the uk steel contains the old disc.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:23 AM.