Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic World 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.59
18 hrs ago
The LEGO Ninjago Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Minions 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Good Dinosaur 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.50

The Walk 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.97
4 hrs ago
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Thunder and the House of Magic (Blu-ray)
$8.43

National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.89

Fascination Coral Reef 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.64

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #41

Oct 2011

Definitely looking to pick this up tomorrow and take advantage of the soft drink deal for the discount.

The trailer looks really good. Scary, but good.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

Mine is on the way from Amazon. Can hardly wait.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #43

Nov 2011
Oshawa, Ontario
Canada

These movies are going to bankrupt me lol
Old 03-14-2013, 03:04 AM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

Great blu-ray.com review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cirque.../64902/#Review
Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE 3D BLU-RAY.

I will start this review the way I felt when I first saw it in the movie theater...

1. You have to LOVE Cirque Du Soleil. Not just "like"...you have to love them.

2. Don't spend even one second trying to analyse the plot. It's about a young woman who is mesmerized with a young male aerialist and she tries to find him again when they are separated. Everything else are sections of different Las Vegas Cirque shows and even in their entirety don't always make sense. If you try to understand why this is here or that is there, you will run out screaming. Turn off your brain and just let your eyes enjoy all the spectacular.

3. It helps a lot to have seen at least a few of these shows in Las Vegas because the movie selects some of the best parts from each. This will be sort of a video souvenir book for you.

4. Did I mention you have to LOVE Cirque du Soleil?

The thrilling sequences that the couple encounter individually are from the Las Vegas productions of "O," "Ka!", "The Beatles' Love," "Mystere," "Chris Angel's Believe," "Zumanity," and "Viva Elvis!"...and they come back together for a romantic aerial (updated from "Ka!").

The 3D was spectacular on the movie screen and I have absolutely no qualms about giving it a full 5 of 5 for the 3D Blu-ray. Scenes from "O" will have you putting down towels in case of water spilling out of your TV. There is excellent depth and a few really wonderful popouts. Colors are glorious!!!

I have been to most of these shows in Las Vegas. While I feel there is never ever any way to capture the experience of seeing them live, especially when performers fly overhead of you, this film does something that seeing it live never could: you will never see the performers this close up, no matter how good a seat you have. The 3D cameras would occasionally be anywhere from 40 to 80 feet in the air, right there with the performers.

Audio is likewise a 5 out of 5. Great sound all around the room. (Speaking of music, my favorite Cirque show in Vegas is "The Beatles' Love" and there are about six scenes from it (with Beatles music in the film, too), including "Get Back," "Octopus's Garden," "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds," "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," and the film ends with a group shot of curtain moments for the different show casts set to "All You Need Is Love." "Love" fans, rejoice!)

Extras are really minimal and are located on the 2D Blu-ray disc. A behind-the-scenes look with James Cameron that is only about 2-3 minutes long. There is a featurette with star Erica Linz that looks at creating a series of acrobatic moves, and that 10-15 minutes is only minimally interesting. The remaining extra is an ad for several Vegas Cirque shows.

For fans of Cirque du Soleil and 3D, this comes highly recommended.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskies View Post
THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE 3D BLU-RAY.

I will start this review the way I felt when I first saw it in the movie theater...

1. You have to LOVE Cirque Du Soleil. Not just "like"...you have to love them.

2. Don't spend even one second trying to analyse the plot. It's about a young woman who is mesmerized with a young male aerialist and she tries to find him again when they are separated. Everything else are sections of different Las Vegas Cirque shows and even in their entirety don't always make sense. If you try to understand why this is here or that is there, you will run out screaming. Turn off your brain and just let your eyes enjoy all the spectacular.

3. It helps a lot to have seen at least a few of these shows in Las Vegas because the movie selects some of the best parts from each. This will be sort of a video souvenir book for you.

4. Did I mention you have to LOVE Cirque du Soleil?

The thrilling sequences that the couple encounter individually are from the Las Vegas productions of "O," "Ka!", "The Beatles' Love," "Mystere," "Chris Angel's Believe," "Zumanity," and "Viva Elvis!"...and they come back together for a romantic aerial (updated from "Ka!").

The 3D was spectacular on the movie screen and I have absolutely no qualms about giving it a full 5 of 5 for the 3D Blu-ray. Scenes from "O" will have you putting down towels in case of water spilling out of your TV. There is excellent depth and a few really wonderful popouts. Colors are glorious!!!

I have been to most of these shows in Las Vegas. While I feel there is never ever any way to capture the experience of seeing them live, especially when performers fly overhead of you, this film does something that seeing it live never could: you will never see the performers this close up, no matter how good a seat you have. The 3D cameras would occasionally be anywhere from 40 to 80 feet in the air, right there with the performers.

Audio is likewise a 5 out of 5. Great sound all around the room. (Speaking of music, my favorite Cirque show in Vegas is "The Beatles' Love" and there are about six scenes from it (with Beatles music in the film, too), including "Get Back," "Octopus's Garden," "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds," "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," and the film ends with a group shot of curtain moments for the different show casts set to "All You Need Is Love." "Love" fans, rejoice!)

Extras are really minimal and are located on the 2D Blu-ray disc. A behind-the-scenes look with James Cameron that is only about 2-3 minutes long. There is a featurette with star Erica Linz that looks at creating a series of acrobatic moves, and that 10-15 minutes is only minimally interesting. The remaining extra is an ad for several Vegas Cirque shows.

For fans of Cirque du Soleil and 3D, this comes highly recommended.
Thanks for the detailed review bluskies. Very well written and detailed. Watching this Saturday night. Watching Life Of Pi tonight.
PLEASE take a look at my NEW home theater gallery pics!!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:29 AM   #47

Dec 2011
Vienna, VA

Finally get the chance to watch this last night. Very impressive and I am a huge fan of Cirque. I have seen a lot of the shows out in Vegas such as O, Ka, Mystere, and Zumanity. I wish they would make more movies in the future for each show if possible.

Will be out in Vegas next month so will try to catch the new MJ show.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:04 AM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGQ View Post
Finally get the chance to watch this last night. Very impressive and I am a huge fan of Cirque. I have seen a lot of the shows out in Vegas such as O, Ka, Mystere, and Zumanity. I wish they would make more movies in the future for each show if possible.

I'd like it, too, if they made more films of the complete shows. And in 3D.

I want to see the new Vegas show, too. Zarkana. Looks good. And the Michael Jackson One show. Not sure when I can be there. Always like to see Cirque's The Beatles Love show when I am there.

I realize for the movie in order to make it family-oriented, they had to change the Zumanity sequence's eroticisn...but by eliminating the second female, I felt they also did the disservice of removing the danger in the diving and swimming in that glass bowl.

(There is also a longer, adult version on Youtube.)

Last edited by bluskies; 03-18-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #49

Dec 2011
Chatsworth, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialPG View Post
Might do this tomorrow if you watch it tonight come back and post your thoughts on it.
Well, it took me a bit longer to finish watching this but I finally did get around to watching this over the weekend.

First of all, I've never watched live showing of Cirque du Soleil. So why did I buy this? Because it's 3D and it's out there. As you can see from my collection, if it's 3D then I buy it, no question asked. I do sometimes question myself for this logic after watching few movies that I blind buy and regret later.

This one... I don't regret. First 30 minutes or so was kinda... dull. Understandable since the show didn't really begin 'til about 20 minutes in. But I really got into it at the 30 minute mark. Some of the 3D was pretty spectacular. Maybe because the show itself was pretty spectacular or maybe it really was the 3D. Felt like I was watching it live.

So, even if you're really not into Cirque du Soleil (or at least didn't know you are), you might enjoy this. I did.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #50
Expert Member

Jul 2009
-
-
-

Simply a breathtaking 3D experience at home. Blind-bought it because I expected it would be amazing and it didn't fail me!

Found myself talking about it to friends just yesterday.

I'm not nuts over Cirque and have only seen one show live, but I was completely awestruck over this!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

Just a quick sale note. If anyone in interested in just the 2D package, Target has it for $15.00 this week. The 3D version is still the way to go, though.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

Watched this last night: WOW!!! Just......WOW! I was so mesmerized by it. First time I had seen Cirque du Soleil of any type. Call me a fan now. Loved the visuals and the imagery. Just beautiful. The 3D just enhances it even more.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #53
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:

You should check Le Reve - The Dream as well while you're in Vegas. It's not Cirque but it's a very similar type of production. It was mind-blowing, the most amazing thing I have ever seen!

Check out from 20 mins onwards MINDBLOWING!

Last edited by Impossible; 03-25-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #54

Nov 2012
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taygan315 View Post
Watched this last night: WOW!!! Just......WOW! I was so mesmerized by it. First time I had seen Cirque du Soleil of any type. Call me a fan now. Loved the visuals and the imagery. Just beautiful. The 3D just enhances it even more.
Good to hear I'll be sure to pick this up during U&S.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #55

Dec 2011
Vienna, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
You should check Le Reve - The Dream as well while you're in Vegas. It's not Cirque but it's a very similar type of production. It was mind-blowing, the most amazing thing I have ever seen!

Le Rêve at the Wynn Las Vegas - YouTube

Check out from 20 mins onwards MINDBLOWING!
Well, when I went to Vegas few years ago, I made the mistake of watching O first then Reve the next night. The whole time I was comparing O to Reve and it's a disappointment for me and my wife. Shoulda watch in reverse
Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #56
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

I saw the LOVE show in Las Vegas a couple of years ago and it blew my mind. This is on U-Verse demand right now for 7.00 in 3D (maybe 8, can't remember). Anyhow I've had my finger on the trigger a couple of times now but haven't watched it, maybe we'll give it a viewing this weekend. Not sure if I want to buy it yet, doesn't really feel like something I would go back to watch again... hmmmmm thinkthinkthink..
Want to manually convert 2d to 3d yourself and accurately - not with an automated software? Check out my topic and tutorial here.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #57
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Well, when I went to Vegas few years ago, I made the mistake of watching O first then Reve the next night. The whole time I was comparing O to Reve and it's a disappointment for me and my wife. Shoulda watch in reverse
So O was better you thought? We decided one water show was enough. Hopefully catch O next time!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

Quote:
So, how soon before you book a trip to Las Vegas?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskies View Post
So, how soon before you book a trip to Las Vegas?
I don't fly so....never will see Vegas,lol. Would like to see a live show though.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #60
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

Quote:
I don't fly so....never will see Vegas,lol. Would like to see a live show though.
You just need the Smitty82 fly kit. 3 beers at the airport, 1 Valium, and 2 cap't and diets once in the air. Then it's sleepy time and you'll be there before you know it! LOL (i HATE flying, but I love to travel so I do what I must)

True story though, last time I flew to Vegas (I flew in from Missouri so were coming in at a southwestern approach) about 45 minutes before landing the captain ordered us to turn everything off, all drinks and food thrown away (the attendants were practically running down the isles with trash bags). They all sat down, everyone buckled up, and holy **** was that the bumpiest ride of my life!!!

We got off the plane, dropped our stuff off at the suite, then immediately went to Dicks for 3ft tall Margaritas. Drink of the survivalists..

That desert wind man, whaaaaaOOOOOSH!
Want to manually convert 2d to 3d yourself and accurately - not with an automated software? Check out my topic and tutorial here.

Last edited by Jsmith82; 03-26-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies