Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #21

Feb 2012
Florida, U.S.A.
Default BBC House of Cards Replay

I've watched the series twice since 2005, and last year got a deal on the DVD set (never imagined it would make it to BD).

Decided to wait for a third viewing until after watching the NETFLIX version.

I will most definitely purchase this BD set, when the price is right. Which it isn't, yet.

FWIW: Relatives who are enjoying the NETFLIX production both prefer the BBC series, while still greatly appreciating the NETFLIX effort.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #22

Feb 2010
Bramley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, U.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by R o d View Post
Those who are familiar with this series, can you please comment on what you like about it. Does it have much replay value?
Without a doubt, I saw all three series on original broadcast and subsequently a number of times since and are looking to viewing my Blu ray when it turns up.

They are a case of diminishing returns, House of Cards in my view is still slightly superior to what Netflix have given us so far and is just a thoroughly delicious piece of drama with Richardson simply electrifying. As good as Spacey's Underwood is, Richardson's Urqhart on the evidence of HOC 2013 is still being awarded the cigar, that being said Spacey is magnetic in the new version and may well match Richardson later on.

To Play The King is incredibly enjoyable and again Richardson is terrific although as the review on the front page says he's not as enjoyable as PM as he is Chief Whip but his sparring with Michael Kitchen's King makes for some memorable moments.

The Final Cut is the weakest of the lot but still worth a look as Richardson's Urqhart still makes for compelling viewing, although like the previous 2 i actually prefer Dobbs' novel instead.

Definitely worth the asking price and not one you'll find a waste of your time.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #23

Jan 2012

Does anyone know for sure if it's A blocked or if it's possible to play in B zone? I tried usual sites and didn't found anything about that.

I would pretty much prefer this edition over the UK one for the 1080p issue, as I haven't seen screencapture comparatives (maybe there's no actual difference in which case I wouldn't mind buying the UK), so in case of doubt technically I prefer the USA right now.

If somone knows about comparative screencaptures for both versions it would also be helpful to decide.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #24

Jan 2013
Surrey, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komond View Post
Does anyone know for sure if it's A blocked or if it's possible to play in B zone? I tried usual sites and didn't found anything about that.

I would pretty much prefer this edition over the UK one for the 1080p issue, as I haven't seen screencapture comparatives (maybe there's no actual difference in which case I wouldn't mind buying the UK), so in case of doubt technically I prefer the USA right now.

If somone knows about comparative screencaptures for both versions it would also be helpful to decide.
You have no need to worry - the PQ is outstanding in the first series and a little softer in the second.

An achievement that I thought would be impossible
JVC HD550 D-ILA PJ; Vutec Lectric 2 93"; Arcam AVR600 3D; CA Azur BDP751; Virgin TiVo 1TB; B&W 805D; B&W HTM4D ; B&W CCM817 rears; 2x Velodyne SPL1000's; Samsung ES8000 46"; Sonos 14 zones(inc 2X Play 5's) driving B&W CCM80's & 746S's.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #25

Oct 2013
United Kingdom

Can someone tell me if the UK edition has PAL speedup or not, when compared to the US blu ray (I know the US edition has some more extras which may affect running time)? I mean in theory these things shouldn't be the case, but if its shot on Film, then you never know?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America