Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (after you have seen it)
One Star 23 29.87%
Two Stars 11 14.29%
Three Stars 23 29.87%
Four Stars 17 22.08%
Five Stars 3 3.90%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #741
leem6453 leem6453 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
leem6453's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL
11
352
3
37
Default

I will be picking this up day 1 when it hits blu. Really enjoyed it.
100th Blu-ray: Predator UHE
200th Blu-ray: Chronicle
300th Blu-ray: Friday the 13th Collection

New home theater gallery updated Nov 2013

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...ember=leem6453
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #742
zafisher94 zafisher94 is offline
Special Member
 
zafisher94's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ
541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
those were two of the best lines. I loved them.
I surely hope the only reason you found them to be "great" was because of how laughably awful and unbearably cheesy they were
The Official Disney Animation Thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195921
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #743
cinemaphile cinemaphile is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
cinemaphile's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Rockford, IL
201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafisher94 View Post
I surely hope the only reason you found them to be "great" was because of how laughably awful and unbearably cheesy they were
no, they were fun lines. People have different opinions. Deal with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post
Yeah! Suck it, lame ass "sequel" !
I'd rank it in the top half of the series. The best is the remake with Jessica Biel, and this and the the Jordanna Brewster sequel were decent. The originals I find to be awful.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!
My Letterboxd Page - Make yours and follow mine!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #744
Michael Bay Fan Michael Bay Fan is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Michael Bay Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California
114
375
208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
no, they were fun lines. People have different opinions. Deal with it.

I'd rank it in the top half of the series. The best is the remake with Jessica Biel, and this and the the Jordanna Brewster sequel were decent. The originals I find to be awful.
I like the Remake and Prequel best.
I'm interested in trading for The Hunger Games & Hunger Games: Catching Fire BB SBs. PM if interested.
My Blu rays for sale Thread
http://letterboxd.com/movieman81/

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #745
sukraj sukraj is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
sukraj's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
UK
146
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
I like the Remake and Prequel best.
me too
Currently: Playing:Battlefield 4/ Ryse Son of Rome/ Dead Rising 3/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 AM   #746
jjbsn5192 jjbsn5192 is offline
Special Member
 
jjbsn5192's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Oregon
74
4
2
Send a message via MSN to jjbsn5192
Default

some part of me still says a rental is worth viewing this when it comes out!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #747
SilentNight SilentNight is offline
Expert Member
 
SilentNight's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
North Canton, Ohio
19
1
90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbsn5192 View Post
some part of me still says a rental is worth viewing this when it comes out!
it is worth it. Sure it's garbage but if you're a horror fan that can overlook a LOT then there is fun to be found in this. It's gory and never boring and if you plan on doing some drinking, this is a great drinking movie. Make fun of it and have a good time kind of like those old Italian splatter movies that are so bad they're good. Zombie Holocaust, Beyond the Darkness, Burial Ground etc.
My Set-Up: Epson 5020UB Full 3D Projector on a 120" screen and 7.1 Earthquake surround sound Complete with Outlaw Audio Pre-Amp and Amp.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #748
Michael Bay Fan Michael Bay Fan is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Michael Bay Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California
114
375
208
Default

Figured I'll just place this here.

‘Texas Chainsaw 4′ Moving Ahead With “Hannah Montana” Star?

Quote:
January’s Texas Chainsaw 3D (review) performed well enough to get a sequel, and there seemed to be some momentum behind Texas Chainsaw 4 (I’m sure the title will be explained at some point) when Millenium announced the sequel. The very next day the brakes were lightly applied to the claim that it would be shooting this summer in Louisiana when producer Carl Mazzocone and executive producer Mark Burg declared they needed a beat to figure out the logistics.

Have those logistics been resolved? Right now we’re putting this out there as strictly a rumor but a BD Reader exclusively writes in that an announcement was made on BBC Youth Radio in regard to Texas Chainsaw 4. Apparently Alexandra Daddario and Dan Yeager are reprising their roles and ex-Disney star Cody Linley (pictured below; “Hannah Montana”) and British newcomer Tommy Hatto will have major roles. Per our reader, “They said that because of the success of Texas 3D’s twist, the new movie will have a twist with a male protagonist.”

We’ll update you when we know more.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...-montana-star/
I'm interested in trading for The Hunger Games & Hunger Games: Catching Fire BB SBs. PM if interested.
My Blu rays for sale Thread
http://letterboxd.com/movieman81/

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #749
remake remake is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
remake's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
41
154
Default

If Cody Linley is the star, I'll be there opening weekend.
Money is the anthem of success. So before we go out, what's your address?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-JULFqMqRE
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #750
MikeScott MikeScott is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MikeScott's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
156
Default

I will check this out, but it's total BS they're releasing an Unrated version early and online only. Way to give people who would buy a physical copy the shaft. Not cool at all.

I still don't think I can overlook the huge f-ing plot-hole in this. That is beyond ridiculous. I hate to even see a direct sequel because of it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #751
BladeRunner2007 BladeRunner2007 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
BladeRunner2007's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Germany
403
1
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
Figured I'll just place this here.

‘Texas Chainsaw 4′ Moving Ahead With “Hannah Montana” Star?


http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...-montana-star/
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse....

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #752
CZAR CZAR is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
73
1
4
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR
Default

I heard pretty bad things about this film. With that said................I loved it!!!! Yea we all know the timeline is very fishy but other than that I thought it was very good. I hated the fact that Trey Songz was in this but he didnt annoy me like I thought he would. What made the film good and standout is the obvious spin they put on it in the 3rd act. U will either hate that or love it and I loved it. It was different and very unexpected. The chicks were fine, plenty of gore and all the elements u need in a slasher film. I guess this is hit or miss for most but I liked it. Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #753
dallywhitty dallywhitty is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
dallywhitty's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
414
288
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
I heard pretty bad things about this film. With that said................I loved it!!!! Yea we all know the timeline is very fishy but other than that I thought it was very good. I hated the fact that Trey Songz was in this but he didnt annoy me like I thought he would. What made the film good and standout is the obvious spin they put on it in the 3rd act. U will either hate that or love it and I loved it. It was different and very unexpected. The chicks were fine, plenty of gore and all the elements u need in a slasher film. I guess this is hit or miss for most but I liked it. Got Em!!
I agree with everything here.
Favourite film: Blade Runner Favourite actor: Oliver Reed Favourite actress: Winona Ryder
Favourite directors: Lynch, Kubrick, Cronenberg, Argento, Hitchcock, Mizoguchi, Russell, Polanski
Favourite show: Twin Peaks Favourite novel: It (Stephen King)
Favourite album: Movement (New Order) Favourite video games: Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider II
Currently reading: Dr. No (Ian Fleming)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #754
sukraj sukraj is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
sukraj's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
UK
146
18
Default

I actually liked the latest texas chainsaw massacre movie.
Currently: Playing:Battlefield 4/ Ryse Son of Rome/ Dead Rising 3/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #755
Seymour Seymour is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Seymour's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
1669
300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
I heard pretty bad things about this film. With that said................I loved it!!!! Yea we all know the timeline is very fishy but other than that I thought it was very good. I hated the fact that Trey Songz was in this but he didnt annoy me like I thought he would. What made the film good and standout is the obvious spin they put on it in the 3rd act. U will either hate that or love it and I loved it. It was different and very unexpected. The chicks were fine, plenty of gore and all the elements u need in a slasher film. I guess this is hit or miss for most but I liked it. Got Em!!
I disagree with everything here.

This movie is a disgrace to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise, and an embarrassment for horror movies in general. Every trace of it should be abolished in every way possible, for all of eternity. It's so bad, I view it as a spoof of the other TCM films. Except that it's not funny.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #756
csdot csdot is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
csdot's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Interzone
927
93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
I disagree with everything here.

This movie is a disgrace to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise, and an embarrassment for horror movies in general. Every trace of it should be abolished in every way possible, for all of eternity. It's so bad, I view it as a spoof of the other TCM films. Except that it's not funny.
I agree with everything here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #757
CZAR CZAR is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Bay Area, Cali
73
1
4
Send a message via Yahoo to CZAR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
I agree with everything here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukraj View Post
I actually liked the latest texas chainsaw massacre movie.
Got Em!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
I disagree with everything here.

This movie is a disgrace to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise, and an embarrassment for horror movies in general. Every trace of it should be abolished in every way possible, for all of eternity. It's so bad, I view it as a spoof of the other TCM films. Except that it's not funny.
So u are telling me that this film is worse than TCM: Next Generation?? Hahah I hope not because that film is a disgrace and a spoof lol. I dont care if u dont like the film because again not everyone will agree but to bash it the way u are and acting like its the worse TCM is far from the truth. Some of those original TCM sequels were atrocious. Got Em!!
"Quinton is IN....let the fun BEGIN" - Can't Buy Me Love
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #758
ChainsawJedi ChainsawJedi is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2014
North of England
Default

I finally took the plunge and watched this last night. I cast my vote this morning. Shame there wasn't an option for no stars.

The concept of a small town hiding a big secret is appealing enough and I always felt that the town was in on the dastardly goings on at the Sawyer House. But the execution of this idea was very poor indeed and I felt the film had absolutely no atmosphere at all.

The soundtrack was completely unmemorable. The editing and camera work were pedestrian. The effects were poor. Leatherface was a joke, just another masked killer with no screen presence whatsoever.

In the original, Leatherface does what he does because he's scared; in the sequel, he's a parody; in the remake and its prequel, he does what he does because he enjoys it. In this pile of dung, he does it because it tells him to in the script.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #759
iamsometal iamsometal is online now
Senior Member
 
iamsometal's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Charlotte, NC
407
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainsawJedi View Post
I finally took the plunge and watched this last night. I cast my vote this morning. Shame there wasn't an option for no stars.

The concept of a small town hiding a big secret is appealing enough and I always felt that the town was in on the dastardly goings on at the Sawyer House. But the execution of this idea was very poor indeed and I felt the film had absolutely no atmosphere at all.

The soundtrack was completely unmemorable. The editing and camera work were pedestrian. The effects were poor. Leatherface was a joke, just another masked killer with no screen presence whatsoever.

In the original, Leatherface does what he does because he's scared; in the sequel, he's a parody; in the remake and its prequel, he does what he does because he enjoys it. In this pile of dung, he does it because it tells him to in the script.
I agree. I give this one 0 stars. The ONLY redeeming factor is Alexandra Daddario (now made (in)famous in True Detective), and it ain't her acting I remember. It's crazy how her performance in this reminds me of every other 80's slasher flick actress, yet in True Detective, she actually held her own.
Letterboxd: http://letterboxd.com/sometal/

A/V Equipment:
Panasonic TC-P60ST50 Plasma Display
Denon AVR-891 A/V Receiver
Energy Take Classic Speakers
Playstation 3 Slim
Xbox 360
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #760
ChainsawJedi ChainsawJedi is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2014
North of England
Default

Such a shame that the only TCM film to feature a return of Marilyn Burns, Gunnar Hansen, John Duggan and Bill Moseley is this unforgettable and turgid piece of trash.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Texas Chainsaw massacre at WALMART!!!! Blu-ray Movies - North America Rz_Samurai 22 09-21-2009 02:44 AM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (03/06) Wish Lists RYJAPE21 9 07-25-2009 01:43 AM
The Thing or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Blu-ray Movies - North America Ultimate1 47 10-15-2008 10:08 PM
New Texas Chainsaw Massacre On The Way Movies McHairy21 8 05-12-2008 08:58 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:34 PM.