Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #10621

Nov 2009
No.

I ordered Rollerball and Sexy Beast yesterday (I didn't check the backorder box though so I think I'll need to wait on the latter until the former's release), and I couldn't resist buying Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia and Thunderbolt And Lightfoot today, since they're running out of stock. These are my first T.T. titles. I probably won't buy too many in general because, frankly, I can't afford to (plus the selection is so varied I'm not interested in a lot of the releases), but I have my eye on two more for another month. Oh, plus The Blob remake later in the year, but then everybody wants that .
Old Today, 04:49 PM   #10622
Special Member

Feb 2009

I asked Twilight Time on Facebook if any of the Truffaut films owned by MGM might be released through the label yesterday (noting how this year is an Anniversary year) and received a response today indicating that "we have one of those titles upcoming, and perhaps others will follow." So at least one Truffaut film released by MGM is coming and more might be released as well.
Old Today, 05:07 PM   #10623
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
West Hollywood, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
I asked Twilight Time on Facebook if any of the Truffaut films owned by MGM might be released through the label yesterday (noting how this year is an Anniversary year) and received a response today indicating that "we have one of those titles upcoming, and perhaps others will follow." So at least one Truffaut film released by MGM is coming and more might be released as well.
This is great news.
http://www.criterion.com/my_criterion/5618-brad

Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Old Today, 05:21 PM   #10624
Special Member

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1963 View Post
This is great news.
Yes, it most certainly is... I will gladly upgrade the non-anamorphic World Films MGM DVD's to Twilight Time Blu-ray's and I was really hoping that some of the Truffaut ones would be released and thought that Twilight Time was probably going to be a good possibility for them. So this is indeed excellent news.
Old Today, 05:22 PM   #10625
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012

I would love to see either Truffaut's The Bride Wore Black or Small Change released....preferably in September or October so I can add one of them to The Blob order I'll be putting in.
Old Today, 05:26 PM   #10626
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012

Am I imagining things or was Peckinpah's The Killer Elite hinted at as a future TT release a little while back?
Old Today, 05:30 PM   #10627
Power Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
I'm betting that the one title they refer to is The Bride Wore Black. Not entirely sure why; it just seems like the most TT-like of that bunch of films.
Old Today, 05:31 PM   #10628
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
I'm betting that the one title they refer to is The Bride Wore Black. Not entirely sure why; it just seems like the most TT-like of that bunch of films.
Yep...Bernard Herrmann isolated score would be right up their alley.
Old Today, 05:59 PM   #10629
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by klauswhereareyou View Post
Am I imagining things or was Peckinpah's The Killer Elite hinted at as a future TT release a little while back?
Yep, they confirmed that they have it, but the release date isn't known yet.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....t=killer+elite
Old Today, 06:04 PM   #10630
Special Member

Feb 2009

Personally, I hope the 'perhaps others will follow' pans out as I'd want to get all of them on Blu-ray. For what it's worth, someone else commented that they hoped it would be The Story of Adele H. and Twilight Time liked the comment so it might be that one (which is certainly one of my favorites). I hope Small Change isn't far off either... and I agree that The Bride Who Wore Black would make perfect sense (the isolated Bernard Herrmann score would be neat).
Old Today, 06:11 PM   #10631
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
Yep, they confirmed that they have it, but the release date isn't known yet.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....t=killer+elite
Thanks. I thought I'd seen that, but I couldn't remember where.
Old Today, 06:59 PM   #10632

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
at least try and switch delivery accounts and CC's... use your work as a delivery address
I'm sure THAT would work, I don't actually want two copies of this, I'm more just curious how their system works.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors