Best 3D Blu-ray Deals



Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Peanuts Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walk 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Green Lantern 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Life of Pi 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.89
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.04
300: Rise of an Empire 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.82
Point Break 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.69
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
cowbybill cowbybill is offline
Member
 
cowbybill's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Eagle River Alaska
760
383
Default The Amazing Spiderman 3D disc issues

I was wondering if anyone was having this issue with the 3D disc when trying to play it. My sony 3D player freezes after the anti- piracy messages when I try to play the disc. I've checked my firmware and it's up to date, checked the disc for scratches, and even exchanged it at best buy and the second set does the exact same thing, in the exact place. If anyone else is experiencing this and has fixed the issue please let me know , it's extremely irritating the other discs work fine in my player by the way. Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
thebard thebard is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Oct 2010
2
Default

I have not had this problem. I got the 3d blu, steelbook edition from Best Buy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
AnimalChin AnimalChin is offline
Special Member
 
AnimalChin's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Los Angeles
312
215
Default

I got the 3d blu from go hastings and it plays fine on my ps3
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
brian9229 brian9229 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
brian9229's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
New York / Steelbook™ - 343
34
987
69
56
14
58
Default

Havent had this problem, though i have a Samsung. Possibly erasing bd data on players harddrive if your player has that. I had a similar issue with Wrath of the titans and i erased bd data and havent had an issue since.
Samsung - UN65MU8000 - 4K
Samsung - un40d6420uf - 3D
Panasonic - DMP - BDT320 (Region A)
OPPO - UDP-203(Region Free)(Dolby Vision)
Onkyo - TX-NR555/Atmos/dts X/Dolby Vision
Denon - DP-300F w/Ortofon 2m Bronze
Polk RTA 8T Monitors(x6), CS10(center)
Definitive SuperCube 2000/ 7.5Pyle Pro PT8000CH 8-Channel Stereo/Mono Amplifier

Last edited by brian9229; 12-03-2012 at 07:02 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
cowbybill cowbybill is offline
Member
 
cowbybill's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Eagle River Alaska
760
383
Default

Thanks for all the advice on clearing the memory! I'll try that when I get home from work. you guys are great!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
brian9229 brian9229 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
brian9229's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
New York / Steelbook™ - 343
34
987
69
56
14
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbybill View Post
Thanks for all the advice on clearing the memory! I'll try that when I get home from work. you guys are great!
Ill be interested to know if erasing the bd data works, keep us posted!
Samsung - UN65MU8000 - 4K
Samsung - un40d6420uf - 3D
Panasonic - DMP - BDT320 (Region A)
OPPO - UDP-203(Region Free)(Dolby Vision)
Onkyo - TX-NR555/Atmos/dts X/Dolby Vision
Denon - DP-300F w/Ortofon 2m Bronze
Polk RTA 8T Monitors(x6), CS10(center)
Definitive SuperCube 2000/ 7.5Pyle Pro PT8000CH 8-Channel Stereo/Mono Amplifier
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
EricJ EricJ is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalChin View Post
I got the 3d blu from go hastings and it plays fine on my ps3
Had a little pause loading up on mine, but works nicely.

(And yes, director Webb, on the special features, refers to the first-person POV rooftop scene as "the Mirror's Edge scene". We weren't fooled, so why try?
There is a nice six-minute educational feature on 3-D cinematography, though.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
Big3dfan Big3dfan is offline
Expert Member
 
Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
Had a little pause loading up on mine, but works nicely.

(And yes, director Webb, on the special features, refers to the first-person POV rooftop scene as "the Mirror's Edge scene". We weren't fooled, so why try?
There is a nice six-minute educational feature on 3-D cinematography, though.)
He admitted his guilt that it was a bad idea to cut this scene from main movie. If anything they should have had more such 1st person scenes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbybill View Post
I was wondering if anyone was having this issue with the 3D disc when trying to play it. My sony 3D player freezes after the anti- piracy messages when I try to play the disc. I've checked my firmware and it's up to date, checked the disc for scratches, and even exchanged it at best buy and the second set does the exact same thing, in the exact place. If anyone else is experiencing this and has fixed the issue please let me know , it's extremely irritating the other discs work fine in my player by the way. Thanks!
Try clearing the flash memory.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #10
alsicherman alsicherman is offline
New Member
 
Dec 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbybill View Post
I was wondering if anyone was having this issue with the 3D disc when trying to play it. My sony 3D player freezes after the anti- piracy messages when I try to play the disc. I've checked my firmware and it's up to date, checked the disc for scratches, and even exchanged it at best buy and the second set does the exact same thing, in the exact place. If anyone else is experiencing this and has fixed the issue please let me know , it's extremely irritating the other discs work fine in my player by the way. Thanks!
I have the same problem exactly with a brand-new Samsung BDE5900 3D player, which has the latest firmware according to the Samsung website. (The player freezes so hard that it has to be turned off and on again just to eject the disk.)
And I have the identical issue when I try to play "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs." In both cases the 2D version (a menu choice on the same disc in the case of "Ice Age") plays fine.
Samsung customer service "Live Chat" was fairly opaque, suggested a reset, which didn't help. Their last suggestion was that I send the player in for repair, and they opened a repair ticket. I said that was odd as I'd had the player only two weeks and it played lots of other 3D movies fine. Nope. They stuck with "Have it repaired."
That required me to first complete a "troubleshooting guide" that didn't include the problem(or face a $55 charge if I didn't complete it). I gave up at that point.
I tried deleting BD data. Didn't work. FYI, the player isn't connected to the Internet, as I use my PC's VGA output to the TV for network stuff. For the hell of it I connected it; no difference.
Any thoughts anybody? Anybody with similar problem with "Ice Age?"

Last edited by alsicherman; 12-15-2012 at 11:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #11
sdale84 sdale84 is offline
New Member
 
Dec 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsicherman View Post
I have the same problem exactly with a brand-new Samsung BDE5900 3D player, which has the latest firmware according to the Samsung website. (The player freezes so hard that it has to be turned off and on again just to eject the disk.)
And I have the identical issue when I try to play "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs." In both cases the 2D version (a menu choice on the same disc in the case of "Ice Age") plays fine.
Samsung customer service "Live Chat" was fairly opaque, suggested a reset, which didn't help. Their last suggestion was that I send the player in for repair, and they opened a repair ticket. I said that was odd as I'd had the player only two weeks and it played lots of other 3D movies fine. Nope. They stuck with "Have it repaired."
That required me to first complete a "troubleshooting guide" that didn't include the problem(or face a $55 charge if I didn't complete it). I gave up at that point.
I tried deleting BD data. Didn't work. FYI, the player isn't connected to the Internet, as I use my PC's VGA output to the TV for network stuff. For the hell of it I connected it; no difference.
Any thoughts anybody? Anybody with similar problem with "Ice Age?"
I just bought the same player (Samsung BDE5900 3D player) along with a Samsung tv and have the same exact issues that take place in the same spot of the movie. I updated the Firmware, but still no luck. So, I took the movie back to Best Buy and exchanged it for another. I then walked over to the tv department where they had a Samsung BDE5900 3D player on display. The salesman put the disk in and it played the 3D movie. However, the trouble spot after the FBI warnings was very flakey and the player seemed to stumble a bit, but finally did start to play the movie. So, I went home and put it into my player and it did exactly what it previously had done. After the FBI warnings and then the "Sony 3D" screen, it goes black and I have to turn the player off in order to get out of this "hang". I then contacted Samsung. To make a long story short, I still can't get the 3D movie to play. I then contacted Crutchfield where the unit was purchased from. They sent me a new player for an exchange which I received yesterday. I hooked it up, made sure it had the latest Firmware updates and it still does the exact same thing. So, I've tried two different discs and two different (Same model) DVD players and ended up with the same results. This is the first 3D player that I've owned and Spidey is the first 3D movie as well. I did end up getting the movie Brave in 3D and watched it with the family without issue. So, I'm at a loss as to what the problem is.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #12
makinbiscuits makinbiscuits is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2012
1
330
3
Default

worked fine on my panasonic blu ray player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #13
sdale84 sdale84 is offline
New Member
 
Dec 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinbiscuits View Post
worked fine on my panasonic blu ray player.
Yeah, I don't think it's the disc myself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #14
pug1 pug1 is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2011
PA
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbybill View Post
I was wondering if anyone was having this issue with the 3D disc when trying to play it. My sony 3D player freezes after the anti- piracy messages when I try to play the disc. I've checked my firmware and it's up to date, checked the disc for scratches, and even exchanged it at best buy and the second set does the exact same thing, in the exact place. If anyone else is experiencing this and has fixed the issue please let me know , it's extremely irritating the other discs work fine in my player by the way. Thanks!
No issues watching this movie on my Sony BDP-S590.
KDL-55HX729, KDL-52EX701, PS3, Sony BDP-S590, Panasonic BDT210, Bravia STR-DH820
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:21 AM.