Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #721
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Texas

I think I'm going to go with the planet earth/life box set.
PSN - DispatchNinja
Old 04-25-2014, 06:18 AM   #722

Mar 2012
West Virginia

Anyone who has the 2007 release be willing to trade the artwork for the Special Edition packaging?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:31 AM   #723
Suspended

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFank View Post
I'm assuming this will work on a U.S. blu-ray player? And that there should be no differences between this and the U.S. set, right?
Depends on your player. While they are region free you would need a player that can handle 50hz which a lot can't. Especially Sony players.

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 04-25-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:36 AM   #724

Mar 2012
West Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa85 View Post
Depends on your player. While they are region free you would need a player that can handle 50hz which a lot can't. Especially Sony players.
Thanks. Yeah, my main player is a Sony. Oh well.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:50 PM   #725
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFank View Post
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

or this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Blu-ray...&keywords=life

I'm assuming this will work on a U.S. blu-ray player? And that there should be no differences between this and the U.S. set, right?

As mentioned the UK release of Life is 50i so incompatible with US Sony (and other brands) other than the PS4.

The regular UK Planet Earth is 24p which I think is the one in the combination package you linked so it would play fine
The UK Special Edition Planet is 50i encoded however and has a PAL DVD as one of the discs so a couple problems.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #726

Nov 2012
WA, USA

I hate the cardboard sleeve style on the standalone special edition and the life/planet earth combo.

I may get the The BBC High Definition Natural History Collection with Planet Earth Special Edition. Anyone have this edition know if the Planet Earth set comes in a plastic amaray?
Old 05-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #727

Mar 2012
West Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpolini View Post
I hate the cardboard sleeve style on the standalone special edition and the life/planet earth combo.

I may get the The BBC High Definition Natural History Collection with Planet Earth Special Edition. Anyone have this edition know if the Planet Earth set comes in a plastic amaray?
I bought the BBC Natural History 2 for Life to get it in a Viva Elite case. I've seen pics, and Planet Earth comes that way, too. Just have to make sure you're getting the six-disc edition and not the four-disc set. There are editions of both.
Thanks given by:
harpolini (05-06-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #728
Power Member

Apr 2011

Is it possible to get the Planet Earth: Special Edition with a slipcase in decent condition?

I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and it came in terrible condition from Amazon, despite the shipping box being pretty sturdy. It seemed the item was damaged before shipping, and the corners of the book were also quite dinged, with one of the disc holder/pages being busted as well. I thought it was bad enough to warrant an exchange, so I contacted them and they replaced it for me.

However, the replacement is in less than ideal condition as well. The shipping package was again pretty sturdy, and the item was likely damaged before it was shipped. I'm not going to ask for a replacement this time, since it's not that bad, but the creases in the slipcase are quite annoying.

The problem with this item is that you hardly ever see it in store, so it's pretty much impossible to pick out a satisfactory one yourself.

I ordered Life as well when I originally ordered Planet Earth. This has a similar slipcase which came in perfect condition, so I'm pretty sure it's possible to get a good one. Guess I'm just having bad luck.

This isn't a cheap set, even when on sale, and considering it's something like a collector's item, it's kind of disappointing to get it in less-than-stellar condition.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America