Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Diablo III (PS3)
$35.21
Just Dance 4 (PS3)
$18.99
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
$14.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
$18.99
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)
$19.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$29.99
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (PS3)
$35.99
WWE 2K15 (PS3)
$59.85
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$14.99
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (PS3)
$59.42
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)
$24.99
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$39.99
The Last of Us (PS3)
$27.49
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$25.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

View Poll Results: PS4, Xbox One or Both
PS4 134 81.21%
Xbox One 7 4.24%
Both 24 14.55%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #81
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I still don't believe the difference in multi platform titles will be all that significant. I'm sure websites like "The Lens of Truth" will still run their little comparison videos and show minute texture resolution differences and such but it won't be anything monumental.
I never said that the difference would be significant. But, what I do believe will have marked improvements is stuff like loading/caching times, as well as some latency superiority. Basically, the games will look relatively similar with slight advantages on PS4, but some game mechanics will be able to run smoother on the PS4.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 07-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #82
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terjyn View Post
Again, Xbox One only has one SKU. PS4 has 5(Standard, Knack, Killzone, Battlefield, and Watch Dogs). Since the controller for PS4 is outselling the Xbox One's controller (and has since the moment it was released), it's pretty clear that the 5 PS4 SKUs are beating the one Xbox One SKU.

And of course that's not even going into the fact that the Xbox One has had weeks to catch the initial pre-order bundle for the PS4 and can't do it.
Both systems are going to sell out of their launch allocation. That's a given. Even the PS3 at 599.99 sold out of it's intial shipments. This race is NEVER determined by the initial launch sales. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Old 07-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #83
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Both systems are going to sell out of their launch allocation. That's a given. Even the PS3 at 599.99 sold out of it's intial shipments. This race is NEVER determined by the initial launch sales. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
So? What does that have to do with Amazon pre-order rates?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #84
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
So? What does that have to do with Amazon pre-order rates?
Uh, that the rates are irrelevant given that both are going to sell out anyway.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Old 07-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #85
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Uh, that the rates are irrelevant given that both are going to sell out anyway.
The rates are not irrelevant at all. Console sales in a region snowball. If the PS4 starts off bad in the US the Xbox One will destroy it again.

The fact that the PS4 isn't starting off bad matters.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #86
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
The rates are not irrelevant at all. Console sales in a region snowball. If the PS4 starts off bad in the US the Xbox One will destroy it again.

The fact that the PS4 isn't starting off bad matters.
Again, the PS3 didn't "start off" bad either. ALL of the intial allocation sold out! That's the point I was trying to make. Launch numbers are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's all about the year after year. Just look at this generation. The 360 had a year head start and the PS3 STILL overtook it in sales globally. You have to look beyond the launch.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #87
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Again, the PS3 didn't "start off" bad either. ALL of the intial allocation sold out! That's the point I was trying to make. Launch numbers are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's all about the year after year. Just look at this generation. The 360 had a year head start and the PS3 STILL overtook it in sales globally.
A Marathon can be lost in the first mile. You can't win one, but you can lose one. The first mile does matter.

Stop telling me that it's a Marathon. I'm not even arguing with that.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #88

Apr 2011

The PS4 will be the only system for me this time.
Eric Draven: Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.

Last edited by charger71; 07-09-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #89
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Raleigh, NC

I don't get the anti-console 'jerk. You should want the Xbox One or PS4 to be extremely successful even if you have only one of them. Competition pushes the companies. Successful consoles means more studios get opened and more games get made. It means corporations won't be able to jerk the consumer around because there aren't other options.

Look at how Sony had to react to getting their ass kicked for a good portion of this generation by Microsoft and how consumer friendly it made them which in turned already caused MS to revert some of it's draconian practices. I'm getting a PS4 on day one but I hope the Xbox One goes big too.

I don't want a Steam and Freemium iOS future.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #90
Power Member

Jun 2011
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdevil View Post
I don't get the anti-console 'jerk. You should want the Xbox One or PS4 to be extremely successful even if you have only one of them. Competition pushes the companies. Successful consoles means more studios get opened and more games get made. It means corporations won't be able to jerk the consumer around because there aren't other options.

Look at how Sony had to react to getting their ass kicked for a good portion of this generation by Microsoft and how consumer friendly it made them which in turned already caused MS to revert some of it's draconian practices. I'm getting a PS4 on day one but I hope the Xbox One goes big too.

Well said, I couldn't agree more! The more successful these consoles are the better for the consumer in the long run!

Thanks to everyone who has committed to this poll so far even though it is a little one sided!
PSN: GeneticMutation
Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #91
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:

I agree completely

BUT it is MS responsibility to fix their mistakes and make the console successful. They put themselves in this pickle and they have their work cut out for them to get out of it.

Make no mistake. If the roles were reversed and Sony was ruling the world they would be acting arrogant and bullish too. Competition brings out the best in companies and we do need it.
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97

Last edited by MerrickG; 07-09-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #92
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Rocky mountain Frontrange

Quote:

Absolutely! I detest that crap on IOS.
If you are violent you are weak, for violence has no mind.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #93
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
I don't know about that. You are using the PS3 launch allocation as a determining factor for this next console launch. That is definitely a unbalanced comparison. Because of the scarcity of Blu-ray diodes leading up to launch, the PS3 only had a fraction of units compared to what the PS4 will launch with. I highly doubt Sony will let themselves be in a drought position again with their console. They recently told retailers to take infinite pre-orders and not limit themselves. So, I'm guessing that there won't be a sell-out at launch. They are going to oversaturate the market just to be safe. We will still see PS4 units on shelves during the entire launch window period, in my opinion.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 07-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #94
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010

I'm getting both on launch day. I was going to wait until Infamous 2 comes out to get the ps4 since none of the launch titles are day 1 for me. However, I started thinking about all the games I'm going to miss out on ps+ from November - whenever infamous is released.
"I'm going to put a hit on you when I get my welfare check"

Mike Epps
Old 07-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #95
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
I don't get the anti-console 'jerk. You should want the Xbox One or PS4 to be extremely successful even if you have only one of them. Competition pushes the companies.
I completely disagree. The Success of the 360 means that Sony will STOP pushing their consoles to be more powerful. There's a reason the PS4 is a 400$ console which is nearly breaking even as opposed to a 600$ one that's losing a lot.

Quote:
Successful consoles means more studios get opened and more games get made. It means corporations won't be able to jerk the consumer around because there aren't other options.
This is blatantly false. PC always exists if nothing else.

Quote:
This is a big assumption, considering the only thing un-consumer friendly about the PS3 was the price tag. Sometimes it's ok to produce a highly powered overpriced product, with the knowledge that the price will come down over time.

And I can show opposite examples. Look what the industry learned from the Wii(cheap gimmick > quality product). Thankfully Sony didn't listen to THAT lesson.

*EDIT* Seriously, I've asked before. What was the negative side effect of the PS2's dominance during that particular generation.

Last edited by Terjyn; 07-10-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #96
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
*EDIT* Seriously, I've asked before. What was the negative side effect of the PS2's dominance during that particular generation.
Sony's PS1 and PS2 dominance lead to arrogance as a company which in turn lead to them relasing an extremely expensive, extremely difficult to program for system in the PS3. They were being quoted at the time as saying things like "next gen starts when we say it does" and "You're going to have to get a second job to afford the PS3." I mean come on! I love the Playstation platform but lets be real here. PS3 was designed with absolutely no consideration of the developers or the consumer's wallets whatsoever. They were also so consumed with developing the most powerful console ever, they failed to recognize the importance of things like ease of development and having a robust network service.

The PS3 ONLY started to turn it around when they started getting their exclusives out on the market that showed off what the PS3 could do. They also went back and redesigned the hardware so they could drop the price by taking out backwards compatibility, taking out the memory card readers, reducing the USB ports from 4 to 2, etc. Plus they had a lot of relationship rebuilding to do with developers in terms of helping them with development tools for the PS3 so the multi console titles had more parody between PS3 and Xbox 360.

Competition is ABSOLUTELY vital in this business! Don't get me wrong, I want to see Sony do well and I want the Playstation to be the lead platform but absolutely in no way do I want competition to go away. As a PS3 owner I owe a lot of thanks to MS and Live for getting Sony to bring PSN as far as they have and with PS Plus, it's just icing on the cake.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 07-13-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3