Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Great Wall (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Oblivion 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Lucy 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Furious 7 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Girls Trip (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Lone Survivor 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Fast & Furious 6 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Fantastic 4 (Blu-ray)
$4.99
King Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Young Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Home for the Holidays (Blu-ray)
$11.88
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-18-2011, 04:57 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
R-Point
Default Rango - July 15th

Rango Blu-ray

Rango Blu-ray Review

According to videoeta, it's guestimated for August. http://videoeta.com/movie.html?via=form&id=109250

Last edited by Deciazulado; 07-08-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
Eastfarthing

I have not seen it yet, but this, along with "Paul" is a day one purchase for me!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
R-Point

It's great. I saw it twice opening weekend.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
Eastfarthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
It's great. I saw it twice opening weekend.
I noticed it has an 89% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Not too shabby! I bet this will look amazing on blu-ray!

Last edited by frogmort; 03-18-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
R-Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmort View Post
I bet this will look amazing on blu-ray!
Without a doubt. Also, I love that they made the film in scope 2.35:1. Not too many animated films are in scope. Plus, scope is my preferred aspect ratio for my films.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #6

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
Without a doubt. Also, I love that they made the film in scope 2.35:1. Not too many animated films are in scope. Plus, scope is my preferred aspect ratio for my films.
There are actually a fair number of CGI films in scope format.

PIXAR:

A Bug's Life
Incredibles
Wall-E
Cars

Dreamworks:

Kung-Fu Panda
How to Train Your Dragon

There are probably a few others I've forgotten too.
TV: Panasonic 54G10
AVR: Yamaha RX-V661
Center: Polk CS10
Fronts: Polk Monitor 60s
Surrounds: Polk Monitor 30s
Subwoofer: Outlaw LFM-1 Plus
Blu-ray player: Sony PS3 80GB
Old 03-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
Power Member

May 2009
The Fissure of Woe

I think I will blind buy this on release day just for Johnny Depp alone
There are stories of young men stopping to gaze longingly at statues of the beautiful goddesses, only to forget themselves and die of thirst while simply looking on.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
Banned

Sep 2009
NJ
Send a message via AIM to Idioteque... Send a message via MSN to Idioteque...

Entertaining movie.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:07 AM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
R-Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpn75 View Post
There are actually a fair number of CGI films in scope format.

PIXAR:

A Bug's Life
Incredibles
Wall-E
Cars

Dreamworks:

Kung-Fu Panda
How to Train Your Dragon

There are probably a few others I've forgotten too.
I know, but I meant animated films in general. Not that many are in scope. They all mostly 1.78/85: 1.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:10 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Pretty good film, the visuals are really well-done. None of that half-assery many non-pixar 3D animated films suffer from.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #11
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

OP I think is way too early to start posting threads about a movie that just barely released 2 and half weeks ago, really. That August release is just an estimate, sometimes it'll release sooner or after.
"GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT, TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!"
Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008

Great little movie.
LG 55B6V OLED - Sony UBP-X800 4K Player - Sony BDP-S5200 Region A BD Player - Xbox One S - PS4 500gb - Toshiba HD-EP 30 HD DVD Player- Yer Ma
Old 04-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Dagobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmort View Post
I noticed it has an 89% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Not too shabby! I bet this will look amazing on blu-ray!
Oh yeah, it will!!!!

Since it is a Paramount release, I really hope they will give it a 2 disc treatment, with an exhaustive documentary about ILM's first animated feature, audio commentaries....

So glad it's not in 3-D!!
When are they gonna release these movies on BD?:Crossroads (W. Hill; Steve Vai),Fun with Dick & Jane (Jim Carrey, Tea L.), Man on the Moon (Jim C.),Diana Krall-LiveattheMontrealJ.F., Alien Autopsy,Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys (Jodie Foster),Housesitter(Steve M., Goldie H.),Bowfinger (S. M.), Shopgirl (S. M.),OutofTowners (S.M.),Spanglish,Odd Couple 2 (Jack L., Walter M.),Wallace and Gromit-The Curse of the Were-Rabbit,
Old 04-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #14

Feb 2010
Fantasia

This movie looks visually amazing when i saw it at the cinemas. I was blown away by the highly detailed textures of each characters. Even the environments and lighting looks great with each objects rendered with fine detail(glasses, barrels, etc). The scene where Rango enters the bar gave me goosebumps. This title will definitely look fantastic on the blu-ray.

At the moment while waiting for the blu-ray, watch some Bums Review: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...ws/30081-rango

Last edited by tgwtg; 04-16-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
India

Saw this at the cinema yesterday. Excellent fun movie with a great visual style that looks a good deal like film (not the overly polished super-saturated colors look that CG movies movies often have).
Possibly just me, but I thought that the 2.35:1 rendering had a lot of instances of the crowns of buildings and hats getting cropped, and the action looking occasionally cramped. So I do wonder if there's the possibility of a 16:9 render for home-video.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:08 AM   #16

Jan 2011
Michigan

Wow, I love the Canadian cover! I hope the US one is the same.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Minnesota
Send a message via AIM to Minimejer05 Send a message via MSN to Minimejer05 Send a message via Yahoo to Minimejer05 Send a message via Skype™ to Minimejer05

Really disliked this one after hearing such positive things, though I am sure the picture quality will look stunning.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Baltimore, MD

I took my sisters to see this and all three of us loved it. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
PS3/X360 Gamertag: Icedburden

Joe: But, you're *not* a girl! You're a *guy*, and, why would a guy wanna marry a guy?
Jerry: Security!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #19
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2009
Denver, CO
Default Rango-July 15th

Quote:
Paramount Home Entertainment has released details for the home video release of Rango:

“An animated comedy for smart moviegoers” (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times) that is “like nothing you’ve ever seen” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone), the hilarious and imaginative RANGO saddles up in a Blu-ray/DVD Combo pack with Digital Copy and on standard DVD on Friday, July 15, 2011 from Paramount Home Entertainment. The incomparable Johnny Depp voices Rango, a chameleon living as an ordinary family pet who dreams of being a fearless hero and is challenged to become just that when he inadvertently becomes the sheriff of a lawless desert town called Dirt. Directed by Gore Verbinski, the visionary behind the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, RANGO delighted audiences of all ages, earning more than $230 million worldwide. The film also features the voices of Isla Fisher (Horton Hears A Who!), Abigail Breslin (Kit Kittredge: An American Girl), Ned Beatty (Toy Story 3), Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2), Bill Nighy (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1), Harry Dean Stanton, (“Big Love”), Ray Winstone (Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) and Timothy Olyphant (“Justified”).

The RANGO Blu-ray/DVD Combo with Digital Copy features both the theatrical version of the film and an extended cut including a never-before-seen alternate ending, a two-part, in-depth exploration of the groundbreaking filmmaking process, deleted scenes, a look at the real creatures of Dirt, an interactive field trip to Dirt and more.

RANGO Blu-ray/DVD Combo with Digital Copy

The RANGO Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround and English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The disc breakdown is as follows*:

Blu-ray:

· Theatrical and Extended Version
· Commentary—By director, story co-writer and producer Gore Verbinski, head of story James Ward Byrkit, production designer Mark “Crash” McCreery, animation director Hal Hickel and visual effects supervisor Tim Alexander (on Extended Version only)
· Breaking The Rules: Making Animation History— Discover how Gore Verbinski and Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) prepared for their first animated movie by following every step the filmmakers made to create this new kind of animated film.
o The Stage Is Set (Part 1)
o Now We Ride (Part 2)
· Real Creatures of Dirt—In this fun and educational piece, animal experts talk about the real creatures that inspired the characters of Rango and the filmmakers explain why they chose specific animals to reflect certain personality traits.
· Storyboard Reel Picture-In-Picture—Enhance your movie-viewing experience by watching the entire feature with picture-in-picture images of the storyboards (Theatrical Version only).
· A Field Trip to Dirt—Using the technology and footage from ILM’s special camera, viewers are put in control of their own tour of Dirt. They can select the streets they want to explore and the characters they’d like to interact with, discovering trivia and other bonus footage along the way.
· Deleted Scenes—Including a never-before-seen alternate ending
· Theatrical Trailer

DVD:

· Theatrical Version
· Digital Copy

RANGO DVD

The RANGO single-disc DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 5.1 Surround, Spanish 5.1 Surround and English Audio Description and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc includes the following*:

· Theatrical and Extended Version
· Commentary—By director, story co-writer and producer Gore Verbinski, head of story James Ward Byrkit, production designer Mark “Crash” McCreery, animation director Hal Hickel and visual effects supervisor Tim Alexander (on Extended Version only)
· Real Creatures of Dirt—In this fun and educational piece, animal experts talk about the real creatures that inspired the characters of Rango and the filmmakers explain why they chose specific animals to reflect certain personality traits.
· Deleted Scenes—Including a never-before-seen alternate ending

*Note that special features are on the sell-through versions of the discs only.

Read more: Rango Hits Blu-ray and DVD on July 15 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movie...#ixzz1LsH5B6gI

Old 05-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #20
Banned

Mar 2009
30 Years From Now

Didn't get to see this in theaters but wanted too so this will be a blind buy fOr me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America