Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Split (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Great Wall (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Oblivion 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Warcraft 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Bridesmaids (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Lucy 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Fifty Shades Darker (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$69.99
The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Megan Leavey (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Lone Survivor 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Girls Trip (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #1441

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumny View Post
That's all wishful thinking and speculation but good God I hope you're right.
I saw the UK Blu-ray of Tarzan and it was spectacular.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #1442
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

You know, I know you guys love Disnet but the title of this thread is New Disney titles for 2012 (Rescuers Aristocats Pocahontas etc.) Pre-orders! not How I rate Disney movies.

We have a Movie forum.

So be prepared for a big split if this keeps up. or maybe even if it doesn't
Old 07-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #1443
Special Member

Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciazulado View Post
You know, I know you guys love Disnet but the title of this thread is New Disney titles for 2012 (Rescuers Aristocats Pocahontas etc.) Pre-orders! not How I rate Disney movies.

We have a Movie forum.

that's why I suggested posting them here:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195921
The Official Disney Animation Thread
Old 07-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #1444
Power Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciazulado View Post

We have a Movie forum.

So be prepared for a big split if this keeps up. or maybe even if it doesn't
It was only a matter of time when someone caught us.

Ay Ay Captain!
"In every age,
Family is king
and the bravest journeys,
are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #1445
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

well the other tread is about Disney movies on Blu-ray, not How I rate Disney movies. The reason for this explanation is that if everybody talks about whatever they want on a thread, at the end the forum becomes useless for people that come looking for info. A little deviation is human, but threads turning into something else, thats why there's search functions, different forums and create thread buttons :>

And my numero 1 Disney is Fantasia

*runs
Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #1446
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2008

Hey, friends - you know what's worse than scoring 5 Disney Blu-Rays in 24 hours?

Well, lots of things, obviously. But try this on for size....

Scoring 5 Disney/Pixar animated feature Blu-Rays, one of which you don't want to open because there's some small thing rattling around inside of it and you need to talk to Disney before you open it, PLUS you're trapped at your in-laws, who hate Disney movies, so even if you could open the one you really want to watch, you couldn't watch it anyway.

All five of them...just SITTING there...

rrrrrrrhgh. Man, I thought I was in a bad mood after getting only 5 hours of sleep. Now it's confirmed. I'm in a horrible mood. I'm a groomsman in a wedding, and I feel hungover before the bachelor party even begins.

Looking at the 5-stack I can't watch ain't helping things.
"Everything's going to be all right."

Last edited by Ernest Rister; 07-05-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #1447
Special Member

Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
Hey, friends - you know what's worse than scoring 5 Disney Blu-Rays in 24 hours?

Well, lots of things, obviously. But try this on for size....

Scoring 5 Disney/Pixar animated feature Blu-Rays, one of which you don't want to open because there's some small thing rattling around inside of it and you need to talk to Disney before you open it, PLUS you're trapped at your in-laws, who hate Disney movies, so even if you could open the one you really want to watch, you couldn't watch it anyway.

All five of them...just SITTING there...

rrrrrrrhgh. Man, I thought I was in a bad mood after getting only 5 hours of sleep. Now it's confirmed. I'm in a horrible mood. I'm a groomsman in a wedding, and I feel hungover before the bachelor party even begins.

Looking at the 5-stack I can't watch ain't helping things.
torturous. also, when I emailed disney about slipcovers, they said it would be $3.95 per slipcover. I have no idea if they'll send you a case, but you can more than likely find the same case on amazon.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #1448
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafisher94 View Post
torturous. also, when I emailed disney about slipcovers, they said it would be $3.95 per slipcover. I have no idea if they'll send you a case, but you can more than likely find the same case on amazon.
I thought it was $3.95 for the first one, $1.00 for each additional.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #1449
Special Member

Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxriot View Post
I thought it was $3.95 for the first one, $1.00 for each additional.
Maybe, they didn't specify. This is what I recieved after inquiring about several slipcovers:

Thank you for your e-mail. O-sleeves are a limited-quantity bonus item available on initial shipments of titles. Not all titles are guaranteed to contain an o-sleeve. To ensure that you receive an o-sleeve in acceptable condition, we would suggest purchasing titles from a retail store on the release date of a title.

If you would like to purchase an o-sleeve, you may send $3.95 to our Consumer Relations Department to cover shipping and handling for a replacement o-sleeve of your desired title. To take advantage of this offer, a check or money order (made payable to WDSHE Consumer Relations) along with a letter of intent should be sent to:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

If you need further information or have any other questions please contact us at 1-800-723-4763, Mondays 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Thank you,

Walt Disney Studios Distribution Technical Support
Old 07-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #1450
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Belgium

So, if I understand well, what you are saying is that anyone can simply buy a slipcover at Disney US?

Cause in that case ... I have a list.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #1451
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Chicago-ish

Yes, you can buy slipcovers (O-sleeves) directly from Disney, and I can vouch for the $3.95 for the first item, $1.00 for each additional item, such as cases, inserts, etc. (except for actual replacement discs or replacement Digital Copy codes, which are also available but are priced differently).

It's pretty handy. I idiotically purchased the Tron: Legacy 5-disc, 2-movie collection without a slipcover ('twas on sale AND I had a gift card), so I called them up, figured out what I needed to do, and soon enough, I had the slipcover I needed.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #1452
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Belgium

I don't know how to put it in words, but that is nothing less than fantastic news ! And such a low price.

Thanks for the information to all involved.

Last edited by esteban˛; 07-05-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #1453
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteban˛ View Post
I don't know how to put it in words, but that is nothing less than fantastic news !

Thanks for the information to all involved.
I don't think they are shipping internationally though
Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #1454
Banned

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCRP View Post
Yes, you can buy slipcovers (O-sleeves) directly from Disney, and I can vouch for the $3.95 for the first item, $1.00 for each additional item, such as cases, inserts, etc. (except for actual replacement discs or replacement Digital Copy codes, which are also available but are priced differently).
And while not Disney animateds, and likely off-topic, you can find the lenticular slips to the 3D John Carter and Journey 2 for $1.99 on the right niche sites:
http://stores.3d-blurayrental.com/-s...Categories.bok

[Show spoiler]
[Show spoiler]
[Show spoiler]

Seriously, is it possible to get a Tangled lenticular from Disney? Either threw out mine or got a used copy, can't remember.

Last edited by EricJ; 07-05-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #1455
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Chicago-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
And while not Disney animateds, and likely off-topic, you can find the lenticular slips to the 3D John Carter and Journey 2 for $1.99 on the right niche sites:
http://stores.3d-blurayrental.com/-s...Categories.bok

[Show spoiler]
[Show spoiler]
[Show spoiler]

Seriously, is it possible to get a Tangled lenticular from Disney? Either threw out mine or got a used copy, can't remember.
The Tron Legacy slipcover I requested from Disney was lenticular. Received it, no problem.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #1456
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012

Quote:
The Tron Legacy slipcover I requested from Disney was lenticular. Received it, no problem.
You can order spare slipcovers from Disney?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #1457
Power Member

Apr 2012
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnds500 View Post
I don't think they are shipping internationally though
I REALLY hope they do!! I need a big Fantasia slip to store both my Fantasias in.. and I need a Pocahontas slip!
Disney Wishlist '14: Emperor's New Groove ● Frozen ● HerculesJungle Book ● Lilo and Stitch
Mary Poppins ● Robin Hood ● Tarzan ● Treasure Planet ● Wreck-it Ralph
--
Ghibli Wishlist '14: My Neighbor Totoro ● Kiki's Delivery Service ● Whisper of the Heart
Old 07-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #1458
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Chicago-ish

Yes, you can order spares of pretty much all the usual stuff. Again, slipcovers, cases, inserts, etc. are $3.95 for the first item, $1 for each additional item. Replacement discs and Digital Copy codes are also available, but for a higher price.

However, non-standard items and parts are usually not available. For example, I wanted the Lion King Trilogy on Blu, but I hated the accordion-style wallet in the limited edition box set. I asked if I could buy the standalone versions, but then order the embossed trilogy box separately, but they said that part wasn't showing up in their systems as being available separately.

Dunno about international shipping.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #1459
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012

Quote:
Yes, you can order spares of pretty much all the usual stuff. Again, slipcovers, cases, inserts, etc. are $3.95 for the first item, $1 for each additional item. Replacement discs and Digital Copy codes are also available, but for a higher price.

However, non-standard items and parts are usually not available. For example, I wanted the Lion King Trilogy on Blu, but I hated the accordion-style wallet in the limited edition box set. I asked if I could buy the standalone versions, but then order the embossed trilogy box separately, but they said that part wasn't showing up in their systems as being available separately.

Dunno about international shipping.
Could I buy like the cover art that's inside the case? I have the Cars 2 Globe Edition and I wanted to put it in a case
Old 07-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #1460
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Chicago-ish

I would assume so; you can give them a call or shoot them an email to make sure. Personally, I don't know if that would justify a $3.95 cost, so hopefully you have other things you could possibly order from them at the same time, or I'd wait until you do.

Then again, I've never ordered a case or cover art from them. Maybe they come together?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America