Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
16 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
21 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
14 hrs ago
Inside Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
5 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99
21 hrs ago
A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99
21 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
22 hrs ago
Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$3.99
21 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
The Bourne Ultimatum (Blu-ray)
$3.99
21 hrs ago
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99
16 hrs ago
The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$3.99
21 hrs ago
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Old 11-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #3001
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
The Pacific NW
20
Default

BTW, rick, I almost forgot about the missing hilt for the Mythos Kenobi. Just want to let you know that MYC is still selling hilts for that. Mike (Obiwop) and I both got ours from him. Here's the link:

http://mycsculpturescom.ipage.com/storelightsaber.html
STARKILLER--1138's Galaxy Far, Far Away.... *Updated 7/28/14

STARKILLER--1138's Profile @ PSN Profiles

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #3002
rickah88 rickah88 is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
2053
189
89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
LMAO! What comes in the box is totally overrated! Congrats man! You have a chance to take unpack and inspect it?

BTW, just ordered this non-walking carpet from thinkgeek:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/19f..._feature1_19fc
[Show spoiler]
Lou, is your whole house Star Wars themed? If so, that is quite badass!
I, definitely, inspect each piece that comes in. Basically open it up, assemble/inspect then wrap it all back up and put it back in the box. Totally sucks, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Selling a house is just the worst!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:36 AM   #3003
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
The Pacific NW
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Lou, is your whole house Star Wars themed? If so, that is quite badass!
I, definitely, inspect each piece that comes in. Basically open it up, assemble/inspect then wrap it all back up and put it back in the box. Totally sucks, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Selling a house is just the worst!!
I hear you! The only thing worse, IMO, is the actual move! Good thing you keep your boxes.

Good thing you do that! I've heard a few collectors had issues putting the Kenobi Mythos together, so better to find out now if there's an issue.

No, not the whole house. Although, my wife wouldn't mind. So far, just my movie room and starting on the loft upstairs (overflow). Gotta get my main room how I want it first though before I put alot of time in the loft.
STARKILLER--1138's Galaxy Far, Far Away.... *Updated 7/28/14

STARKILLER--1138's Profile @ PSN Profiles

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #3004
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
The Pacific NW
20
Default

Was going to wait until my new TV arrived, but couldn't wait to update pics. Guess I'll be updating again.....soon....possibly, LOL!
STARKILLER--1138's Galaxy Far, Far Away.... *Updated 7/28/14

STARKILLER--1138's Profile @ PSN Profiles

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:30 PM   #3005
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is offline
Special Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
11
Default

Congrats Rick on getting the Kenobi Mythos! Such an iconic piece.

I'm liking the new rug Lou. Should look great. I see Think Geek also added a Han Solo in carbonite shower curtain. Just think how awesome that would look displayed together with a ROTJ Boba Fett PF in the bathroom. You should totally do it! .

Awesome new updated pics Lou! The 2 clone PFs flanking the TV look awesome together. And those are some killer new pics of the collection. I love how you have the Maul bust in the center. That reminds me do you wanna trade your life size bust for my LSB? I kid. I kid .
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #3006
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
The Pacific NW
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
Congrats Rick on getting the Kenobi Mythos! Such an iconic piece.

I'm liking the new rug Lou. Should look great. I see Think Geek also added a Han Solo in carbonite shower curtain. Just think how awesome that would look displayed together with a ROTJ Boba Fett PF in the bathroom. You should totally do it! .

Awesome new updated pics Lou! The 2 clone PFs flanking the TV look awesome together. And those are some killer new pics of the collection. I love how you have the Maul bust in the center. That reminds me do you wanna trade your life size bust for my LSB? I kid. I kid .
Funny you mention the Maul 1:1. My wife and I were looking at it after rearranging, and talked about how it is starting to look dated. She agrees with me that the LSB looks better.

I'm not 100% sure I'll be keeping Rex and the Clone in that spot. May put Cody in place of the Clone when that one finally ships. Nothing set in stone yet.

Yeah, we saw that shower curtain after I placed my order. Sadly, there isn't a shower in the bathroom that I would make into a SW room. Could still make it ESB themed though with a sign that says, "Attack on Echo Base." Definitely something to think about, LMAO!
STARKILLER--1138's Galaxy Far, Far Away.... *Updated 7/28/14

STARKILLER--1138's Profile @ PSN Profiles

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:58 PM   #3007
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is offline
Special Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Funny you mention the Maul 1:1. My wife and I were looking at it after rearranging, and talked about how it is starting to look dated. She agrees with me that the LSB looks better.

I'm not 100% sure I'll be keeping Rex and the Clone in that spot. May put Cody in place of the Clone when that one finally ships. Nothing set in stone yet.

Yeah, we saw that shower curtain after I placed my order. Sadly, there isn't a shower in the bathroom that I would make into a SW room. Could still make it ESB themed though with a sign that says, "Attack on Echo Base." Definitely something to think about, LMAO!
See you really should trade it for my LSB . I think it may only look dated because you've had it for so long. You plop that thing in front of a new collector and they'll shit their pants with how awesome it is.

Cody and Rex would be perfect IMO. Especially with how much you love TCW. Its a perfect setup.

That bathroom definitely would be an Attack on Echo Base after eating that awesome tray of tacos you had a couple months ago LOL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:30 PM   #3008
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
The Pacific NW
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
See you really should trade it for my LSB . I think it may only look dated because you've had it for so long. You plop that thing in front of a new collector and they'll shit their pants with how awesome it is.

Cody and Rex would be perfect IMO. Especially with how much you love TCW. Its a perfect setup.

That bathroom definitely would be an Attack on Echo Base after eating that awesome tray of tacos you had a couple months ago LOL.
LOL! Yeah, you're probably right. Grass is always greener, aye?

Rex and Cody may be the way to go. Not sure if I'd want the reflection of acrylic cases when putting a PF with fabric on there instead. Not worried about dust on armored figures. Lets face it, the more weathering, the better.

My wife and I were having a good laugh coming up with ideas like naming the toilet Echo Base, LOL! I wish I were more like Mike. When he gets an idea, he gets it done fast, and I just procrastinate.
STARKILLER--1138's Galaxy Far, Far Away.... *Updated 7/28/14

STARKILLER--1138's Profile @ PSN Profiles

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:52 AM   #3009
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
The Pacific NW
20
Default

Heads up! Anyone looking for a good deal on the Gentle Giant Padme "Snowbunny" 1/6 statue, AFX has it for $150.

http://www.shopafx.com/8-71810-01027-1.html
STARKILLER--1138's Galaxy Far, Far Away.... *Updated 7/28/14

STARKILLER--1138's Profile @ PSN Profiles

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM   #3010
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
The Pacific NW
20
Default

Ordered the VIZIO E600i-B3 60" set yesterday. Will see how I like it when it arrives, and decide if I need to go bigger.
STARKILLER--1138's Galaxy Far, Far Away.... *Updated 7/28/14

STARKILLER--1138's Profile @ PSN Profiles

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM   #3011
terp_fan99 terp_fan99 is offline
Expert Member
 
terp_fan99's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Montana
551
158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
Ordered the VIZIO E600i-B3 60" set yesterday. Will see how I like it when it arrives, and decide if I need to go bigger.
If you have the space then go bigger!

Can anyone take some pics of the original Luke and Han PFs if they get a chance. My collection is lacking those two, but I've never been impressed with the quality when I look at pictures. The Leia face sculpt looks passable, but I'm seriously considering going the Hot Toys rout so I can get good sculpts on the core characters from episode IV. The 1/6 line is so tempting, with the current sales I could get three clone troopers for the price of the PF Commander Cody.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #3012
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
The Pacific NW
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp_fan99 View Post
If you have the space then go bigger!

Can anyone take some pics of the original Luke and Han PFs if they get a chance. My collection is lacking those two, but I've never been impressed with the quality when I look at pictures. The Leia face sculpt looks passable, but I'm seriously considering going the Hot Toys rout so I can get good sculpts on the core characters from episode IV. The 1/6 line is so tempting, with the current sales I could get three clone troopers for the price of the PF Commander Cody.
Yeah, definitely! If I can squeeze a bigger set in the space, I will. Figure I'll start off with this and see how it goes.

I guess your comment can also apply to statues, "Go Bigger!" As Josh has pointed out many times, 1/6 are great, but 1/4 is so much better. That said, yeah, the sculps on Han and Luke aren't the greatest. They look human and all, but just not accurate to the actors. Leia's sculpt is more right on to Carrie though. Make no mistake, all 3 though look outstanding! Expertly tailored materials and great poses.
STARKILLER--1138's Galaxy Far, Far Away.... *Updated 7/28/14

STARKILLER--1138's Profile @ PSN Profiles

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:02 AM   #3013
terp_fan99 terp_fan99 is offline
Expert Member
 
terp_fan99's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Montana
551
158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
I guess your comment can also apply to statues, "Go Bigger!" As Josh has pointed out many times, 1/6 are great, but 1/4 is so much better. That said, yeah, the sculps on Han and Luke aren't the greatest. They look human and all, but just not accurate to the actors. Leia's sculpt is more right on to Carrie though. Make no mistake, all 3 though look outstanding! Expertly tailored materials and great poses.
I agree 1/4 is better, there are just so many more characters available in 1/6 that I'd like and know we'll probably never see in 1/4 form.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:01 AM   #3014
STARKILLER--1138 STARKILLER--1138 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
STARKILLER--1138's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
The Pacific NW
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp_fan99 View Post
I agree 1/4 is better, there are just so many more characters available in 1/6 that I'd like and know we'll probably never see in 1/4 form.
I hear ya! Same reason I've eyed them, but they'd never take the place of the same character in 1/4 scale.

BTW, I took a pic for you of the Han, Luke, and Leia PF's together. Not the greatest pic though.

STARKILLER--1138's Galaxy Far, Far Away.... *Updated 7/28/14

STARKILLER--1138's Profile @ PSN Profiles

"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep."
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:37 AM   #3015
terp_fan99 terp_fan99 is offline
Expert Member
 
terp_fan99's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Montana
551
158
Default

Thanks! I definitely need to get that Leia! They should revisit Han and make an ESB version. I wonder how many PFs we'll get from episodes I-VI once the new movies start coming out.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:10 PM.