Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$48.49
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Vincent Price Collection II (Blu-ray)
$52.10
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$17.29
UHF (Blu-ray)
$17.23
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Default Tekken: Blood Vengeance

I just bought this for $AU50. It comes with one disk containing; a 3D BD CGI feature, the original Tekken Tag Tournament re-rendered in HD and the prologue of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (which will play in 3D).

I don't have a 3D TV so I can't comment on the quality of the in-game 3D of TTT2 (or TTTT), but I did just watch the first five minutes of the feature on my 3D PC and it seems to have both very good animation (good textures, fluid motion), and good 3D (lots of depth, some pop in the fight I watched, with Anna's palms coming right at you).

I'll watch the rest of the movie probably tomorrow with my oldest son. It's Conan tonight for me. I'll report back in here with what I thought on the movie itself, though a mate whose opinion I trust says there is some very good action, but a slow plot to fill the voids.

Anyone else own this?

And I apologize if there is already a thread on this. I couldn't find one...
Old 12-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
Special Member

Nov 2009
San Diego, CA

I bought it - for anyone in the US, it's only $29.99 at BestBuy this week.

I didn't care for the forced-bundle (you can either get it as a DVD, or a Blu3D+2Game combo disc), but fortunately the price (especially on sale this week) is about the same (or less!) than a regular 3D Blu-Ray.

I found the 3D to be good, but I was pretty bored by the movie itself. Seems like the first half was all drama about the 2 girls chasing the boy, the 2nd half was mostly action. Maybe it's just for the "Tekken super-fans", but as a casual fan it didn't do much for it. Looked nice though!

The 2 included games are Tekken Tag Tournament HD (11 year old PS2 launch title, remastered in HD) and a demo of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (4 playable characters, ties in with the movie). The Tekken 2 demo was in 3D, but it seems like the resolution drops quite a bit to go into 3D mode - I found it a bit too distracting and switched to 2D mode.

It's also worth noting (for those getting it for the 2 games), that they both NEED to be installed on the PS3. Even after installing them, they still require the disc to be in for them to work (likely to prevent someone from installing the games and then selling the disc).

I liked the 3D, the bonus games are nice, but the movie didn't really do anything for me.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2006
Anaheim Hills, CA

Movie was ok, most of the time the 3D effect is quite subtle. The story is whatever, but the last fight scene in 3D was quite awesome and im glad i watched it just to see that go down in 3D. Otherwise its quite forgettable, worth a one time watch if you enjoy tekken/fighting games.
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 720 Projector
106" Elite screen
PS3/360/HTPC/Wii
PSN/Gamertag: blitz6speed
Old 12-30-2011, 11:47 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia

Okay, after watching it I am in agreeance with it being "okay".

Actually, it is quite boring sometimes. Like it's "Tekken: The Legend of Xiaoyu". There's probably more interesting characters or events that the film could have focassed on. I thought the American live action Tekken was quite good, with a simple but fitting storyline and a good list of available characters.

Voice acting on the English track is terrible. The only reason I didn't switch to Japanese before even starting the movie was because my kids were watching, and most of them are too young to read yet.

But the audio and video were excellent! Sure, the textures weren't up to scratch with blockbuster Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks releases, but were still very good (on objects and backgrounds moreso than characters) and the movement was great so I'm assuming motion capture was involved (It was for the CGI Res Evil one). And the soundtrack buzzed with insect life from the back speakers in outside shots, the slight hum of the android, Alyssa, and tonnes of other immersive effects.

I thought the 3D was great. It's a shame action sequences were the darkest parts, because we all know how great the relationship between dark and 3D is. One of the best 3D shots in the movie was of a bikerack during a part of the non-entertaining "plot". But you are glad you watched it when you see the epic ending sequence (I noticed one shot exactly alike one from "The Matrix: Revolutions", which I had always wanted to see in 3D)!

An okay movie, lots of fun effects, buy it when you see it cheap.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:18 AM   #5

Jan 2011
Idaho

Just ordered it with my best buy gift cards from cancelled orders for the $29.99 give it shot and resale if not interested in keeping.
Will pay $10 for full code from True Blood Season 7

Plus $15 for full code set from The Van Damme Set

My Gamer IDs:
Xbox One/360 - Bigbadwolfe911 - PS3/PS4 - Bigbadwolfe143 - Wii U - Bigbadwolfe911
Old 12-31-2011, 02:00 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Sounds slightly interesting. 29.99 is a bit too steep right now. 16.99 sounds better, but the "boring" part makes me wonder, along with the subtle 3D. Thanks for the info. I like martial arts movies, read the PROTECTOR 3D with Tony Jaa was available overseas, but probably won't show up here in the US.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
Anyone else own this?

And I apologize if there is already a thread on this. I couldn't find one...
Thanks for this thread. If you didn't mention it, I wouldn't know the 3D movie existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIDERone View Post
I found the 3D to be good, but I was pretty bored by the movie itself. Seems like the first half was all drama about the 2 girls chasing the boy, the 2nd half was mostly action. Maybe it's just for the "Tekken super-fans", but as a casual fan it didn't do much for it. Looked nice though!

The 2 included games are Tekken Tag Tournament HD (11 year old PS2 launch title, remastered in HD) and a demo of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (4 playable characters, ties in with the movie). The Tekken 2 demo was in 3D, but it seems like the resolution drops quite a bit to go into 3D mode - I found it a bit too distracting and switched to 2D mode.

I liked the 3D, the bonus games are nice, but the movie didn't really do anything for me.
That sums it up well. The visuals were great and 3D was decent most of the way, with the real highlight being the last 35 all action minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz6speed View Post
Movie was ok, most of the time the 3D effect is quite subtle. The story is whatever, but the last fight scene in 3D was quite awesome and im glad i watched it just to see that go down in 3D. Otherwise its quite forgettable, worth a one time watch if you enjoy tekken/fighting games.
Agreed. That was a cool end fight. The 3D in the rain looked really good, and during the fight at the end.

But yeah, I can't figure out why they made a movie 80% about two girls and a panda talking to each other, when the whole Tekken games are focused on fighting and the multiple characters. I guess they were going for a female audience, and then decided in the last 35 minutes that it's a Tekken game.

I would've preferred the whole movie had the theme of the final act.

Tekken Blood Vengeance was 9.99 at Best Buy, under 20 bucks online at amazon:

The disc is a PS3 game called "Tekken Hybrid" with 2 games, but you can just play the movie I'd say in any blu ray 3D player, as it has it's own separate movie file, the games are separate files. Movie is about 1 hour, 35 minutes, FULL SCREEN.

3D is about a 7/10 average. Most is decent 6/10 3D, but the end fight it looks really good 8/10 3D. Full length CGI movie in 3D. Visuals are A+.
English dub or Japanese, subtitles.

This is what Final Fantasy the Movie might look like in 3D.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies