Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99
 
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99
 
True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 06:04 AM   #341
BLUgrass BLUgrass is offline
Power Member
 
BLUgrass's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Northeastern Pennsylvania
1329
100
Default

I loved this movie. I ended up paying $8 for it at a local used video game/movie store in my town a few months ago since the price never seemed to dip below $18.

It was one of those movies that had me thinking about it for a few days afterward. Most of the people I know who saw it hated it, but they're definitely more shock & awe/Hollywood blockbuster type movie fans. One of them even argued that both Transformers 2 and The Expendables had deeper plots
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:07 AM   #342
Leonidas_King Leonidas_King is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Leonidas_King's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Miami, FL
10
1156
10
Default

Thats a third party seller. It's still $7.99 you just have to look towards the right hand corner and you'll see that it says $7.99 and Amazon.com
"GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT, TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:20 AM   #343
lostinva lostinva is online now
Active Member
 
Oct 2012
819
1
Default

Found this today at Walmart for $5.88 on an endcap display.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:25 AM   #344
L.J. L.J. is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
L.J.'s Avatar
 
Aug 2013
South Carolina
423
194
30
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUgrass View Post
I loved this movie. I ended up paying $8 for it at a local used video game/movie store in my town a few months ago since the price never seemed to dip below $18.

It was one of those movies that had me thinking about it for a few days afterward. Most of the people I know who saw it hated it, but they're definitely more shock & awe/Hollywood blockbuster type movie fans. One of them even argued that both Transformers 2 and The Expendables had deeper plots
I loved this movie since I first saw it. Picked it up on BD at Family Video for $5.00. Also like the other ones you mentioned but they don't have the deeper plots.
Merry Christmas to all!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:38 AM   #345
BLUgrass BLUgrass is offline
Power Member
 
BLUgrass's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Northeastern Pennsylvania
1329
100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J. View Post
I loved this movie since I first saw it. Picked it up on BD at Family Video for $5.00. Also like the other ones you mentioned but they don't have the deeper plots.
I like them too, I can appreciate good action porn. I was really just saying a lot of my friends find many of the films I like boring
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #346
L.J. L.J. is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
L.J.'s Avatar
 
Aug 2013
South Carolina
423
194
30
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUgrass View Post
I like them too, I can appreciate good action porn. I was really just saying a lot of my friends find many of the films I like boring
Yea I get that to all my friends don't like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Its one of my favorites. I didn't mean that you don't like those kind of movies was just agreeing with you friend. I like good deep plot movies and sometimes brainless no plot movies.
Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited by L.J.; 08-14-2014 at 11:13 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:18 AM   #347
Nowhere Nowhere is offline
Active Member
 
Nowhere's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
152
153
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
Trueeee. Hope it comes with the slipcover lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by OI8T12 View Post
It came out a year ago, so I'm not sure if will come with a slip.

It's on backorder at Amazon at the moment, but if you don't mind waiting here's the link.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Pl...Blu-ray/70442/
I ordered it Tuesday from Amazon got it today it DID have the slip
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bluyoda (08-20-2014), Leonidas_King (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 01:43 AM   #348
Leonidas_King Leonidas_King is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Leonidas_King's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Miami, FL
10
1156
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
I ordered it Tuesday from Amazon got it today it DID have the slip
Great to hear. Im assuming you got one of the final first pressings before it Sold Out. It looks like with the new batch coming in they will not most likely not come with the slipcover.
"GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT, TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #349
digihed digihed is offline
Active Member
 
digihed's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Alabama
1396
769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
Great to hear. Im assuming you got one of the final first pressings before it Sold Out. It looks like with the new batch coming in they will not most likely not come with the slipcover.
I got mine yesterday from Amazon and it came with a slip in perfect condition.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bluyoda (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #350
OI8T12 OI8T12 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
OI8T12's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Boston,MA.
470
442
66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
I ordered it Tuesday from Amazon got it today it DID have the slip
Quote:
Originally Posted by digihed View Post
I got mine yesterday from Amazon and it came with a slip in perfect condition.
Good to see that it is still shipping with a slip. That's awesome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #351
warrian warrian is offline
Senior Member
 
warrian's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
American Midwest
1542
322
1
Default

Universal is widely criticized (and rightfully so) for their rather lazy approach to their catalog, but I will say that with their new releases (Blu-ray era releases) they do a very nice job. Almost always solid technically and including at least a few modest extra features. Plus, even the lower profile Focus Features stuff get embossed slips just like the rest. They keep their label designs pretty classy for the most part too and are consistently among the more affordable studios to purchase from on release day.

Just a little credit where it's due for them
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:36 AM   #352
morg999 morg999 is online now
Active Member
 
May 2011
Specific Norfwest
1642
383
1
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OI8T12 View Post
Good to see that it is still shipping with a slip. That's awesome.
FWIW mine came today w/ a slip...I ordered on 8-12.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:48 PM   #353
Leonidas_King Leonidas_King is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Leonidas_King's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Miami, FL
10
1156
10
Default

My copy from my BestBuy.com order came with the slipcover.
"GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT, TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:58 AM   #354
jayfaxva jayfaxva is offline
Active Member
 
jayfaxva's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
NoVA
300
4
13
53
Default

One of the best films of 2013. Too bad not many people have heard of it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Echovoid52 (08-23-2014)
Old 08-23-2014, 01:15 AM   #355
visualsynth visualsynth is offline
Special Member
 
visualsynth's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Pennsylvania
3
393
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfaxva View Post
One of the best films of 2013. Too bad not many people have heard of it.
Agreed. This was my favorite film of 2013, Saw this one theatrically and left the theater in tears. Loved it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AnubisNefer (09-11-2014), Echovoid52 (08-23-2014)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 AM.