Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Downton Abbey: Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$39.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rush (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Big Trouble in Little China (Blu-ray)
$3.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray)
$13.49
The World's End (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fast & Furious 6 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Despicable Me 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Savages (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWaffle View Post
I got cable because of MY fiancée. As you say, that ended. I like my nerdy Science channel, Breaking Bad and my nightly hour of comedy news, but that's it. Money out the window, out the door, through the cracks, etc. plus, Verizon has continually bungled billing and has been difficult to deal with on every front, even and especially re: cancellation (a long and irritating story). I'll put up with them for Internet since the b*stards have the best service in my area, though.

I enjoy Netflix and get plenty of mileage out of that. Amazon has the benefit of free expedited shipping while Hulu+ has Criterion titles. Not interested in both since at that point I'm paying moe than if I kept cable and I'm trying to cut fat.

Not mad at ya not at all. Have to trim the fat how and where you can. Don't know the details of your ongoing divorce from Verizon's cable but I went through a war of the roses experience with Comcast. It was the final straw and I never looked back. I had Verizon as a ISP and Comcast. They dropped the ball, doubled billed, missed service appointments, the list goes on and on.

Sooner than later I'll begin my divorce from Verizon as a cable provider. I do know that after two months I can reduce my service with out having to get a new contract. I can imagine that they will not be too thrilled with me but Oh Well......
Front Sound Stage: Clearwave Dynamics LCR Surround Sound: 4*AV 123 X-LS Encore, LFE: 2*JBL W15GTI Subwoofers,
Primary Display: Sharp LC-70C6400U Secondary Display: Mitsubishi HC6800
Power Protection:
APC AV S20BLK AVP: ??????????????
AMP: Sherbourn PA 7-350
Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Time Warner. It's really wonderful.
TV: Samsung UN32EH5000
Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S360
DVD Player & Recorder: Sony DVP-NS77H & Toshiba DR430
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509
Front: Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS1 Series II
Surrounds: Dayton Audio B652
Subwoofer: Boston Acoustics CSSUB10B
Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #23
Special Member

Oct 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
Not mad at ya not at all. Have to trim the fat how and where you can. Don't know the details of your ongoing divorce from Verizon's cable but I went through a war of the roses experience with Comcast. It was the final straw and I never looked back. I had Verizon as a ISP and Comcast. They dropped the ball, doubled billed, missed service appointments, the list goes on and on.

Sooner than later I'll begin my divorce from Verizon as a cable provider. I do know that after two months I can reduce my service with out having to get a new contract. I can imagine that they will not be too thrilled with me but Oh Well......
Mad? Hadn't crossed my mind. I'll skip the bulk of my Verizon hate, but I'll say that they are making my "divorce" difficult, apparently I have a PIN, but they won't tell me when I created it, whether its a four digit thing, or ANY detail. Without it, I cannot reduce my services in any way. To get it, I need to mail them a form with a copy of my ID do have them reset the PIN. Apparently this is to protect me, yet I can go on their site and quadruple my service just by logging in to my account. I fail to see the logic.

As to their prehistoric form, tomorrow I have to make my third call in a month asking why I haven't received it. In the meantime I've shut off my auto payment and one way or another I'll be free of them (thankfully I have excellent credit, so a minor ding until I straighten it out would be tolerable).

This is from before my time, but: http://youtu.be/k9e3dTOJi0o

Samsung C630 55" LCD TV | Oppo 93 Blu-Ray Player | Pioneer SC-65 Receiver
PSB Imagine T-2, C Center & Image S5 Surround | BIC America V1220 Subwoofer
Mac mini (2012) iTunes Server | Arcam rDAC | Seagate 4 TB External Drive
Apple TV 3 | iPad 4 | Logitech Harmony Remote 700
[Xbox 360 | Xfinity X1]

Last edited by IronWaffle; 02-20-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat