Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Now: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Pr… $3.96 (98% sold out)
Now: Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 $10.00 (12 mins left)
Now: Neighbors $9.00 (12 mins left)
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00

Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99
12 hrs ago
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
4 hrs ago
Casablanca (Blu-ray)
$5.99
3 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
18 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$7.99
36 min ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00
23 hrs ago
The Sandlot (Blu-ray)
$4.99
5 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
18 hrs ago
Act of Valor (Blu-ray)
$4.99
4 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.00

Super 8 (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-11-2014, 03:17 AM   #41
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEЯNOБLY! View Post
As with most TV shows, Raimi will most likely not direct or write each episode...probably just one or two. It will be a mash up of the visions and ideas of different writers and directors. I'd rather see Raimi just do his own movie. TV is ok and there is some good stuff out there, but I would prefer the cohesiveness of a movie than the episodic nature of a TV series for this.
Raimi, Bruce, and Ivan are all going to be directly involved. I guarantee that Raimi handpicks the directors, and it's not like they're going to be able to veer from whatever path he and the other two want it to go. They'll have a specific vision for it, and whoever comes into it will have to follow that. Look at Fargo, every episode was directed by different people, as was From Dusk 'Till Dawn, but the shows were seamless and you'd never know anyone else directed them. You really don't have anything to worry about. Again, you'll get more from this series then you will from one sequel, so I'd rather have this, to be completely honest.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter
Thanks given by:
jmb1381 (11-11-2014)
Old 11-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Have you seen things like Fargo, Game of Thrones, or a lot of the best shows on TV, especially on cable? Because a lot of those shows rival the best movies. They can definitely be cinematic. A show like this, on Starz, is the best possible outcome. We're going to get more from this sequel over ten episodes than we would in one movie.
I like the movie quite a bit, but the Fargo series was a million times better.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:15 AM   #43
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
UK

Quote:
Have you seen things like Fargo, Game of Thrones, or a lot of the best shows on TV, especially on cable? Because a lot of those shows rival the best movies.
Rival the best movies? I've never seen any tv show come anywhere close to the likes of Apocalypse Now, Once Upon A Time In The West or Blade Runner. I think any possible expectations of a Starz Evil Dead series having a similar budget or production values to something like Game of Thrones is pretty unrealistic. Also, almost all tv spin-offs from movies are usually pretty damn poor in comparison - would be nice to see this show somehow buck the trend but I am highly sceptical.

Edit: Not sure what to make of brief 30 min episodes either. Would have preferred 45 mins instead...
"At a certain point in life, you realize you know more dead people than living."

Last edited by SymbioticFunction; 11-12-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:42 AM   #44
Special Member

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Television work is rarely of an equal standard to film. I also would have far preferred a proper movie sequel.
I'd rather it be a proper movie sequel too, but since we're getting a TV show I'll be cautiously optimistic. Quite frankly, all the TV show needs to be is better than Army of Darkness, which is a pretty low bar in my book. I've always been disappointed by that film's overly comedic, slap-stick tone.
Thanks given by:
notops (11-13-2014)
Old 11-12-2014, 03:51 AM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
UK

I'm quite a big fan of the director's cut of Army of Darkness. Am wondering which AoD ending, the tv show would continue from - the theatrical cut had a slightly cheesy ending taking place in a contemporary setting whilst the director's cut had a much more downbeat finale with Ash trapped in a post-apocalyptic future.
"At a certain point in life, you realize you know more dead people than living."
Old 11-12-2014, 03:55 AM   #46
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
I'm quite a big fan of the director's cut of Army of Darkness. Am wondering which AoD ending, the tv show would continue from - the theatrical cut had a slightly cheesy ending taking place in a contemporary setting whilst the director's cut had a much more downbeat finale with Ash trapped in a post-apocalyptic future.
Theatrical:

Quote:
Campbell will be reprising his role as Ash, the stock boy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons –personal and literal. Destiny, it turns out, has no plans to release the unlikely hero from its “Evil” grip.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Old 11-12-2014, 04:21 AM   #47
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Sweden

The main thing I'm worried about is the effects, I really hope they'll be going more for practical effects as CGI on a TV budget rarely comes out well. I'm excited though, so cool to finally get an "Evil Dead 4".
Thanks given by:
StevenHarvey1990 (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014, 04:23 AM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
UK

Quote:
Theatrical
Makes sense I guess. A post-apocalyptic setting would have been a serious drain on the show's budget.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:32 AM   #49
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Makes sense I guess. A post-apocalyptic setting would have been a serious drain on the show's budget.
Well, and the fact that most people have probably only seen the theatrical version of the film, so they'd only know that version's ending. It wouldn't make sense to have the series follow the director's cut ending, you would alienate too many viewers out the gate.
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Thanks given by:
SymbioticFunction (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009

Cannot wait... I'm floating in the air.

In the while, you can read my site about the Evil Dead continuity.
X-Continuity
http://x-continuity.blogspot.com
Fixing the X-Men Cinematic Timeline/World!

The Evil Dead Saga Explained!
http://evildeadarmyofdarkness.blogspot.com
Old 11-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Pillars of Creation

Ash is finally coming back!
Old 11-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #52
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Soooooooooo..... when do we get a thread title and thread location change? This is no longer Evil Dead 4, nor is it a film (a.k.a. "movie").
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 11-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #53
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Soooooooooo..... when do we get a thread title and thread location change? This is no longer Evil Dead 4, nor is it a film (a.k.a. "movie").
There's already a thread in the tv section. But it seemed logical to post the news here too.
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Old 11-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #54

Nov 2014

I prefer the ending of the theatrical cut, where Ash opens the can of whoop-ass on the deadite in front of his co-workers in S-Mart.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #55
Power Member

Jul 2014

Quote:
Well, and the fact that most people have probably only seen the theatrical version of the film, so they'd only know that version's ending. It wouldn't make sense to have the series follow the director's cut ending, you would alienate too many viewers out the gate.
Plus the directors cut absolutely ruins the film. I'm glad to see this show retcon it.
BD Preorders: Clerks Steelbook. Honeymoon. 88 Films Slasher Collection. The Guest. Blade Runner: Final Cut with FR4ME packaging and spinner.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies