Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Independence Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Witch (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The X-Files: Event Series (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$85.71
Deadpool (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Huntsman: Winter's War (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Deadpool 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.96
The New World (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Ox-Bow Incident (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadline - U.S.A. (Blu-ray)
$16.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 01-14-2016, 01:56 PM   #1141
Power Member

Feb 2014

Hey guys - re-posting something from last year. I still don't know the names of these two films. I know a lot on here are very familiar with obscure films, so figured I'd try this again:

1) The first was a fairly decent (but definitely obscure) horror film I saw on DVD several years ago - I believe the film was from the late?! '90's or possibly early-mid 200X's. It involved a reclusive 20-ish young guy living in a high-rise apartment by himself - I believe he was a writer/artist of some sort. He was visited at one point by another guy (a former High school classmate?!) & the visit involved the recluse's writing/artwork - I think. I remember the meeting took place on the roof of a restaurant/coffee place overlooking a large metropolis/city (possibly in the U.S. or Canada, not sure though).

There were several horrific "dream sequences" involving events from the young guy's past. One of the flashbacks I remember is that the guy had gone to his high school senior?! prom with the "girl of his dreams", and was humiliated there by the school bully - in front of everyone. You got the impression this event traumatized the guy so much that he later became a recluse.

The whole film somewhat reminded me somewhat of Polanski's classic 1960's film Repulsion, but with a guy instead of a woman...

2) The second was a low-budget thriller from around 2001 - I remember seeing the trailer in the theater, though never saw the film. It took place in the North Texas area, and involved a young guy getting into a serious argument/disagreement on the phone with a female customer service representative about something (don't remember what). In any case, after the original argument, she began terrorizing him over the phone & things got worse from there. Note I didn't actually see this film, just the trailer. I'm sure it was an extremely low-budget, obscure, little-seen/little-known movie.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:48 AM   #1142

Jan 2012

is the second movie Black River by any chance? the storyline sounds similar if not are you sure it is 2001 or could it of been a little earlier or later?
Old 01-15-2016, 06:20 AM   #1143

Feb 2014
Elgin, IL

I have giving up hope on this one. '80s or early '90s Sci-Fi flick. A bunch of folks are possessed by an Alien in a house. A woman and a man are about to have sex, but the Alien has taken over the man's body including his private area. There's a scene where the man's stomach is all slimy and his skin is melting off. The Alien moves through the walls of the house.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #1144

Nov 2009

Nightwish?
Old 01-17-2016, 06:50 AM   #1145

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
2) The second was a low-budget thriller from around 2001 - I remember seeing the trailer in the theater, though never saw the film. It took place in the North Texas area, and involved a young guy getting into a serious argument/disagreement on the phone with a female customer service representative about something (don't remember what). In any case, after the original argument, she began terrorizing him over the phone & things got worse from there. Note I didn't actually see this film, just the trailer. I'm sure it was an extremely low-budget, obscure, little-seen/little-known movie.
Could be The Operator (2000).
BD Wants: Burned at the Stake (81) The Hitcher (86) The Rapture (91) Mirage (90) Dear Dead Delilah (72) The Night God Screamed (1971) Eyes of Fire (83) The Corruption of Chris Miller (73) Psychout for Murder (69) Further than Fear (80) Damned in Venice (78) Scream for Help (84) Black Rainbow (89) Edge of the Axe (88) Endangered Species (82) Bell from Hell (73) The Dark Side of the Moon (90) Innocent Prey (84) The Ghost Dance (80) House of Death (82) Cursed (90) Shadow of Chikara (77) Puzzle (74)
Old 01-29-2016, 07:26 PM   #1146

Dec 2015
London
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984

If anyone can help with mine I'd be grateful. It's very vague though.

I remember some court room drama movie (1980s movie?) where the defendant was accused of murdering his wife I think. He's about to be executed (hanged) when his defence lawyer I think, runs into the execution room and makes a grab for him before he falls. The audience is left thinking that the defendant has died, but we then see him afterwards some time later. When talking to someone he makes the admission that he did kill his wife (a crime of passion?). Given the form of execution, I'm wondering if this was a British set film.

I keep thinking it's Liam Neeson who is the defendant and Dean Stockwell the lawyer, but I think my mind has melded the movie 'Suspect' with Quantum Leap!
My Collection - Books - Comics - Superman

Top Favourite Movies: 2010: The Year We Make Contact, Alien, Creepshow, Halloween, In The Mouth of Madness, Jaws, Man of Steel, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Narrow Margin, 'Salem's Lot (1979), Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan, Superman: The Movie, The Exorcist, The Exorcist III: Legion, The Prophecy
Old 02-02-2016, 02:51 AM   #1147

Feb 2014
Elgin, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMesa396 View Post
Nightwish?
Nope.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #1148
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude1984 View Post

I remember some court room drama movie (1980s movie?) where the defendant was accused of murdering his wife I think. He's about to be executed (hanged) when his defence lawyer I think, runs into the execution room and makes a grab for him before he falls. The audience is left thinking that the defendant has died, but we then see him afterwards some time later. When talking to someone he makes the admission that he did kill his wife (a crime of passion?). Given the form of execution, I'm wondering if this was a British set film.

I keep thinking it's Liam Neeson who is the defendant and Dean Stockwell the lawyer, but I think my mind has melded the movie 'Suspect' with Quantum Leap!
Your mentioning Liam Neeson makes me think it could be Under Suspicion. I vaguely remember it myself but it's a British film set in the 50s (when they still had capital punishment), he's accused of killing his wife and I think it did have a twist at the end like you mention.
Thanks given by:
Verisimilitude1984 (02-13-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 09:49 PM   #1149

Nov 2014
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayersCouncil View Post
I know it must be wrong but this really reminds me of Misery (1990).
Definitely not Misery. Thanks for trying
Old 02-13-2016, 04:49 PM   #1150
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010
California
-

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
Your mentioning Liam Neeson makes me think it could be Under Suspicion. I vaguely remember it myself but it's a British film set in the 50s (when they still had capital punishment), he's accused of killing his wife and I think it did have a twist at the end like you mention.
I agree with baheidstu, it sure sounds like Under Suspicion, which I own on blu-ray.
Thanks given by:
Verisimilitude1984 (02-13-2016)
Old 02-13-2016, 10:56 PM   #1151

Dec 2015
London
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984

Thanks for the responses. Must be my mind playing tricks. I did buy and watch Under Suspicion last year but the ending just didn't tally with what I remembered (plus it was set in the US and US justice system).
My Collection - Books - Comics - Superman

Top Favourite Movies: 2010: The Year We Make Contact, Alien, Creepshow, Halloween, In The Mouth of Madness, Jaws, Man of Steel, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Narrow Margin, 'Salem's Lot (1979), Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan, Superman: The Movie, The Exorcist, The Exorcist III: Legion, The Prophecy
Old 02-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #1152
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010
California
-

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. Must be my mind playing tricks. I did buy and watch Under Suspicion last year but the ending just didn't tally with what I remembered (plus it was set in the US and US justice system).
Under Suspicion (1991) courtroom justice definitely took place in the UK. Brighton, East Sussex to be exact.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:10 AM   #1153

Jan 2013
San Diego, CA

The movie I'm looking I saw on CRACKLE a few years ago. Only caught the beginning because I think the stream was corrupted or something. I wanna say 80s Horror/SLASHER. It started with a night shot of a house. Then there is a little boy and girl watching t.v., their mom is drinking with her husband? boyfriend? After the mom tells her kids to go to bed. So they run upstairs to their room. The adults start to have sex. Then the little boy stabs mom/dude maybe both with a huge kitchen knife or a piece of glass. I think he was wearing ladies pantyhose. That's all I can remember. If you guys can help me out I much appreciate it. THANKS.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:17 AM   #1154
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sml_mndz View Post
The movie I'm looking I saw on CRACKLE a few years ago. Only caught the beginning because I think the stream was corrupted or something. I wanna say 80s Horror/SLASHER. It started with a night shot of a house. Then there is a little boy and girl watching t.v., their mom is drinking with her husband? boyfriend? After the mom tells her kids to go to bed. So they run upstairs to their room. The adults start to have sex. Then the little boy stabs mom/dude maybe both with a huge kitchen knife or a piece of glass. I think he was wearing ladies pantyhose. That's all I can remember. If you guys can help me out I much appreciate it. THANKS.
The Boogeyman
Thanks given by:
sml_mndz (02-21-2016)
Old 02-21-2016, 11:52 PM   #1155

Jan 2013
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
The Boogeyman
LOL. Yup that's it. That's the one! THANKS A LOT GUY.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:19 PM   #1156
Expert Member

Jun 2012
UK

This is a movie i caught the end of on TV. Some guy is being hunted down and ends up on a rooftop. He jumps off in an attempt to kill himself rather than be captured. He falls through a glass ceiling into a big inflatable mattress. Everyone in the room is dressed well and it turns out to be a party for him.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:24 PM   #1157

Jan 2015

Okay, this one is vague...

Frozen landscape... Hulking evil creepy character is walking through the tundra and goes to some type of well or reservoir to drop severed heads into either an acid bath or boiling water.

Not much to go on, I know. Just a childhood memory.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:44 PM   #1158

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
This is a movie i caught the end of on TV. Some guy is being hunted down and ends up on a rooftop. He jumps off in an attempt to kill himself rather than be captured. He falls through a glass ceiling into a big inflatable mattress. Everyone in the room is dressed well and it turns out to be a party for him.
Easy one.
The Game
Old 03-11-2016, 07:11 PM   #1159
Expert Member

Jun 2012
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Easy one.
The Game
Thank you!
Old 03-16-2016, 01:49 AM   #1160
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2014
Australia

This was a movie set in Tokyo in post WW2 Japan. This boy was an orphan and was staying with this writer who also happened to be the author of these adventure books that the boy really liked. There was also a teacher who the writer was in love with I believe, there was a family who were the first family in their neighbourhood to have a TV and the boy, writer, teacher and other people from the neighbourhood came to watch. In the end the boys uncle came to take him to live with his family and tried to throw away a pen that was given to the boy by the author, but as they developed a bond he got out and wanted to stay. In the end, he stayed with the writer who I believe adopted him as well as the teacher who also loved the author.
Nicolas Cage is a gift to this world.
A glimpse into the mind of Nicolas Cage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEw5W03G20A
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies