Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$49.98
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Lost After Dark (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Home Alone Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
My Own Private Idaho (Blu-ray)
$26.19
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-18-2015, 08:34 AM   #2021
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I'm glad that Charlie de Lauzirika himself pointed it out on the Nerdist article. How anyone could consider themselves a Blade Runner fan but not have seen this before is genuinely baffling to me. Even if someone doesn't know what a Blu-ray is, the 5-disc super set was also released on DeeVeeDee in 2007.
Yep. I need to do my usual choose a version to watch and spin through all the extras again actually - havent watched it this year!
What does that mean, Rickles?
Old 06-18-2015, 11:18 AM   #2022
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

I've rebought it several times over the last few years (nice steelbook, nice slipcase, digibook etc) but I can't remember the last time I actually watched it. Will need to remedy that soon.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #2023
Special Member

Feb 2011

I've been threatening to buy the reissue unicorn digibook for ages so that I could watch the workprint with lossless audio, but I haven't managed to get around to it.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:59 PM   #2024
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar_bee View Post
I've been threatening to buy the reissue unicorn digibook for ages so that I could watch the workprint with lossless audio, but I haven't managed to get around to it.
The work print is the only way to fly
Resolution is nothing without propper compression.
But 4k is the magic fix all, to all video problems ever.
The Scott Bros. do no wrong.
HDR no ta
Old 06-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #2025
Special Member

Oct 2009
New Bedford, MA

I have the original set that came in the larger Blu-ray case. Has anyone around here had any problems with the disc with multiple versions? Mine is quite old but I went to watch the original version the other day and about halfway through (the scene when the replicants show up at Sebastion's apartment) there is a minor image break up that doesn't always happen. It's like that on all the versions too. Must be because of the seamless branching. Anyway, I tried contacting Warner about a replacement but got no where. I'm wondering if this was a known glitch or if my disc is going bad?
Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player
Pioneer VSX-819H Receiver
Samsung PN51E550 Plasma HDTV
Old 06-20-2015, 04:35 PM   #2026
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Returning Some Tapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugStillo View Post
I have the original set that came in the larger Blu-ray case. Has anyone around here had any problems with the disc with multiple versions? Mine is quite old but I went to watch the original version the other day and about halfway through (the scene when the replicants show up at Sebastion's apartment) there is a minor image break up that doesn't always happen. It's like that on all the versions too. Must be because of the seamless branching. Anyway, I tried contacting Warner about a replacement but got no where. I'm wondering if this was a known glitch or if my disc is going bad?
If you can provide a time frame I can check my copy. I purchased the big 5 disc set upon release, watched the Final Cut, and haven't watched any disc since. I've been meaning to check out some of the other versions recently, so if there's a disc problem, now is as good a time as any for me to check.
Wanted To Buy:
-Sword in the Stone Slip Cover ($7 Shipped)
-Robin Hood (Disney) (Slip Cover) ($7 Shipped)
(Will Pay $15 Shipped if One Person can send Both Slip Covers)

My 2015 Watched Movies Thread
Old 06-20-2015, 05:18 PM   #2027
Banned

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugStillo View Post
That may indeed be the problem. I own both the original 5-Disc release and the newer Digibook. I watched the entire scene and did not experience the image pixelation you describe. However, I'm glad I own both because disc 3 which contains the theatrical cut in the 5-Disc set appears to show the first sign of possible disc rot (I sure hope not). There is spec with a halo that is not on the surface and I am sure I would have noticed it previously. The disc played that one scene just fine but I am still worried. I live in Arizona and we have a very dry climate. I'm hoping its just an anomoly in the disc that will never effect playback. It would be the first time I experienced a disc rot issue with any disc I have owned.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:45 PM   #2028
Power Member

Jan 2011
Within the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar_bee View Post

Great time to pick it up, $11.99 (plus tax) at B&N at the moment. Not bad if you can do a store pickup or if you can get free shipping ....

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-...n=883929255450
Old 06-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #2029
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronSCH View Post
That may indeed be the problem. I own both the original 5-Disc release and the newer Digibook. I watched the entire scene and did not experience the image pixelation you describe. However, I'm glad I own both because disc 3 which contains the theatrical cut in the 5-Disc set appears to show the first sign of possible disc rot (I sure hope not). There is spec with a halo that is not on the surface and I am sure I would have noticed it previously. The disc played that one scene just fine but I am still worried. I live in Arizona and we have a very dry climate. I'm hoping its just an anomoly in the disc that will never effect playback. It would be the first time I experienced a disc rot issue with any disc I have owned.
Disc rot does happen randomly. It's like a 1 in a thousand chance when it comes to professional discs stored well, but when you collect like we do it's going to hit you eventually. Lucky the newer unicorn edition is so cheap I guess.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:05 PM   #2030
Special Member

Oct 2009
New Bedford, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
If you can provide a time frame I can check my copy. I purchased the big 5 disc set upon release, watched the Final Cut, and haven't watched any disc since. I've been meaning to check out some of the other versions recently, so if there's a disc problem, now is as good a time as any for me to check.
On disc 3 at around the 1 hour 17 minute mark. It's during the scene that takes place there. It won't do it on my computer so at the moment I can't get an exact number but that's close. If you can watch through that whole scene without any issues than you must be fine. My disc looks ok but it may be some rot setting in. I have the 5 disc set. It does it sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.
Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player
Pioneer VSX-819H Receiver
Samsung PN51E550 Plasma HDTV
Old 07-06-2015, 11:31 PM   #2031
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Wow! Can you believe $9.99 for this great DigiBook!?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-...Blu-ray/50584/

I paid like $24. Damn! Well, the late bird is definitely gettin' this worm.
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:38 PM   #2032
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Wow! Can you believe $9.99 for this great DigiBook!?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-...Blu-ray/50584/

I paid like $24. Damn! Well, the late bird is definitely gettin' this worm.
You paid $24...I paid $40.

If anyone here and I mean ANYONE, hasn't seen Blade Runner by some inexplicable miracle and has been on the fence about a blind buy, then let me tell you now:

...DO IT!

$9.99 for the 30th anniversary edition is maybe the best deal I've ever heard of for any one movie.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:42 PM   #2033
Power Member

Jul 2012
Midwest, U.S.

I've already got the 5-disc but I'm thinking of picking up the digibook for a friend as a random gift it's so cheap.
Sony BDP-S580 | Samsung T240HD
Old 07-06-2015, 11:50 PM   #2034
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
You paid $24...I paid $40.

If anyone here and I mean ANYONE, hasn't seen Blade Runner by some inexplicable miracle and has been on the fence about a blind buy, then let me tell you now:

...DO IT!

$9.99 for the 30th anniversary edition is maybe the best deal I've ever heard of for any one movie.
Yeah, I wuz gonna say that some folks got burnt more 'n me, but it seemed ... in poor taste. Maybe we'll catch a break on the next one, pardner.
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:40 AM   #2035
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Michigan

If it's still ten bucks by payday, I'll pick it up. My disk 4 on my 5 disk set ended up getting loose and scratching to hell in a move.
PSN/XBL: Gammagoll
Avatar: The Batgirl of Burnside!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:17 AM   #2036
Power Member

Aug 2010

I have never seen this. Purchased the 30th Anniversary Edition for $9.99!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:51 AM   #2037
Expert Member

Jun 2011
North Hollywood, CA

I still despise the new color timing in the Final Cut, and that's a shame since it's my favorite version of the film.
For every laugh, there should be a tear. - Walt Disney
Old 08-20-2015, 12:45 PM   #2038

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
I still despise the new color timing in the Final Cut, and that's a shame since it's my favorite version of the film.
Is the general consensus around here that the earlier cuts of the film look the best, at least as far as colour goes? I've always associated the film with warm tones, so the FC was a shock to me when I first watched it. The addition of teal and the colour timing was definitely a surprise and not one that I necessarily appreciated.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:56 PM   #2039
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepseababy View Post
Is the general consensus around here that the earlier cuts of the film look the best, at least as far as colour goes? I've always associated the film with warm tones, so the FC was a shock to me when I first watched it. The addition of teal and the colour timing was definitely a surprise and not one that I necessarily appreciated.
It's not only teal but also much darker. However so many model and effects shots look better you might say it still looks better overall. It really boils down to personal preference. Same with the nips and tucks, I personally miss the longer opening scene with the blimp and added speaker chatter, but most seem happy it's gone. It depends.

Last time I watched the movie I watched the Director's Cut.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America