Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Knight Rider: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Pete's Dragon (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Legend of Tarzan 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
The Legend of Tarzan (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Pokémon: The Movies 1-3 Collection: Pokémon: The First Movie / Pokémon: The Movie 2000 / Pokémon 3: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$21.99
The Flash: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Suicide Squad 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.95
Waxwork / Waxwork II: Lost in Time (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Suicide Squad (Blu-ray)
$24.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-20-2016, 01:23 PM   #4561
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
NC

I found this Superman: The Movie release on Walmart.com. I wonder if this has the DTS-HD track. I was under the impression that the box set is still the only way to get that version.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Warner-Bro...-Excl/52590759
Old 07-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #4562

Sep 2009

That's the theatrical version. Did they ever do a DTS-HD track for that?
Old 07-20-2016, 04:04 PM   #4563
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidglov3s View Post
I replaced the DVD discs in that case with the Blu-ray disc. Because they put the content on fewer discs that gave me space to also add Supergirl and Man of Steel as well.
But Man of Steel doesn't belong in the Anthology Set and belongs in the DC Film Universe whatever-they-wanna-call-it. Since it's not the same series. Supergirl of course belongs, all official cuts.
It'd be as though someone made a boxset of the Batman 1989-1997 series and also had The Dark Knight Trilogy as part of it. Should be separate.
My Complete Collection <- Always being Updated.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #4564
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
But Man of Steel doesn't belong in the Anthology Set and belongs in the DC Film Universe whatever-they-wanna-call-it. Since it's not the same series. Supergirl of course belongs, all official cuts.
It'd be as though someone made a boxset of the Batman 1989-1997 series and also had The Dark Knight Trilogy as part of it. Should be separate.
Uh, Returns is a pseudo-sequel to Superman II and is NOT a part of the new DC "universe" thing, which started with Man of Steel. Superman Returns definitely belongs in this set.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #4565

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Uh, Returns is a pseudo-sequel to Superman II and is NOT a part of the new DC "universe" thing, which started with Man of Steel. Superman Returns definitely belongs in this set.
I don't see where he said Returns did not belong.

But yes, Returns belongs.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #4566

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class316 View Post
It's difficult to define which films belong. If you say just the Salkind produced ones then that includes Supergirl but omits 4. If you say only the ones starring Christopher Reeve as Superman then we lose Supergirl and gain IV back, but then you could argue the first film doesn't count because it features Reeve rather than stars him.

Personally I'd prefer it if Returns wasn't included in the set, but at least I can use it as a coaster while I'm watching the Reeve films.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:59 PM   #4567

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Yard View Post
Personally I'd prefer it if Returns wasn't included in the set, but at least I can use it as a coaster while I'm watching the Reeve films.
Returns much better than IV
Thanks given by:
Arawn (07-21-2016), Darth Vicious (07-20-2016), UltraMario9 (08-11-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 09:04 PM   #4568
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2013

Quote:
My thought was it was a movie that had Superman in it, ha ha. I mean Superman vs The Mole Men is in there too, and that's no connection to anything.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:33 PM   #4569

Jul 2012

Quote:
Anthology doesn't necessarily equate to a series. If we're just talking about the Superman character, then everything nvolving Supes could be thrown in there in the interest of studying the evolution of the character in cinema. Same with Batman. WB's current anthology releases of Batman/Superman seem to keep continuities separat, but a Batman anthology somewhere down the road could include everything from Adam West to Batfleck.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:21 PM   #4570
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy View Post
That's the theatrical version. Did they ever do a DTS-HD track for that?
There's an American standalone BD of the theatrical cut of Superman? I had no idea. That's really all I've wanted on BD.

Last edited by James Luckard; 07-20-2016 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:41 AM   #4571

Mar 2012

I don't know why people love Superman but don't like Superman II as much. Personally I think II has more super hero action than the first. I always thought people say the first is much better than it is similar to how people say Returns is much worse than it is.

For instance in Superman, couple of things I can't comprehend, how would Luthor have known that this green rock would weaken Superman? That made no sense. And when he reversed time to save Lois Lane that made even less sense. Even if he turned back time why didn't her car fall into the ground like it did the first time (except this time he would rescue her before that happened). But in the "new" timeline it's like it didn't happen. It's like, HUH? he reversed time AND changed history?
Old 07-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #4572
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
I don't see where he said Returns did not belong.

I don't know how I read Returns in his post, but I did. Maybe he did a quick edit. Yeah, that's it!
Old 07-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #4573
Expert Member

Sep 2014

Quote:
I don't know why people love Superman but don't like Superman II as much. Personally I think II has more super hero action than the first. I always thought people say the first is much better than it is similar to how people say Returns is much worse than it is.

For instance in Superman, couple of things I can't comprehend, how would Luthor have known that this green rock would weaken Superman? That made no sense. And when he reversed time to save Lois Lane that made even less sense. Even if he turned back time why didn't her car fall into the ground like it did the first time (except this time he would rescue her before that happened). But in the "new" timeline it's like it didn't happen. It's like, HUH? he reversed time AND changed history?
I love both Superman I & II, but there are indeed a lot of things in both that don't make sense logically. Those movies are so revered that we often forget that they were largely inspired by Silver Age comics, and "taking it seriously" meant something a little different at the time.

I like I & II about the same, but II's seams are a little easier to see nowadays. II has a better plot, but the first one just seems a little more timeless, because of the way it was executed. It has a more genuinely epic feel to it.

I dunno; does any of that make sense?
Thanks given by:
warrian (07-21-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 11:38 PM   #4574
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

I definitely ignore a lot of stupid crap when watching Superman 1 and 2. I feel like I always did though, I always thought stuff like turning back time and throwing his chest logo at people were dumb. It's just that the movies are otherwise so perfectly executed you look past it and love them anyway.

In my experience when people pick movies apart for stuff like that they didn't love the movie to begin with. If you otherwise love a movie then you forgive its issues.
Thanks given by:
BNex99 (07-22-2016), Geoff D (08-11-2016), GrouchoFan (07-22-2016), HeavyHitter (08-12-2016), ravenus (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 04:20 AM   #4575

Dec 2010

Pretty sure I know th answer, but there was nothing on the older DVDs that wasn't ported over to the blu set was there?
Old 08-12-2016, 06:25 AM   #4576

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Pretty sure I know th answer, but there was nothing on the older DVDs that wasn't ported over to the blu set was there?
I believe Superman II theatrical and Superman III DVDs had original 2.0 tracks that were not carried over to blu ray.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
superman