Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
DC Universe: 10th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.99
3 hrs ago
Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
3 hrs ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.94
21 hrs ago
Samurai Jack: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.96
22 hrs ago
The Death of Superman (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Hell Night (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$19.96
4 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Rabid (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Mission: Impossible III 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Tree of Life (Blu-ray)
$22.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #1261
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsox05 View Post
Better than Sleeping Beauty?? Sleeping Beauty is a gem...
The colors on Sleeping Beauty are a total mess. Nothing like the original film.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #1262
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #1263
Special Member

Jun 2010
Homestead, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
Boo -- they stretched the 4:3 image of the original "making of Peter Pan" special to make it widescreen. Lame.
I'm watching it right now as I type, and it's not stretched to fit my screen. Are all of the SD bonus material on the disc appearing like that for you, or just that one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
Floyd Norman says the colors on Sleeping Beauty's BD, while not perfect, are a far closer match to what was presented in 1959 than any other home video incarnation. That's a good enough endorsement for me.
"Mustard?! Don't let's be silly!"
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #1264
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2008

Quote:
What is Disney view? Do I have to drink the Kool Aid to do that?

I HATE the authoring on these things. All I want is the movie while I'm watching the movie.
I hear you.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:33 AM   #1265

Nov 2009

I received my Peter Pan 3-disc in the mail today - I was shocked! Amazon is AMAZING. I preordered back when the $8 coupon was available, back in November. I used the free/super saver shipping option, so I was not expecting this on release day. My total $21.79 and it came in perfect condition.

Oh, and when I originally saw the "refreshed" 3-disc cover (added Storybook icon and Tinkerbell), I hated it. I have to say it looks much better in person. I actually like the Tinkerbell addition.

I can't wait to watch this tonight!
TV: Samsung 42"
Blu-ray: Sony BDP-S360
Old 02-06-2013, 03:35 AM   #1266
Banned

Feb 2012

Quote:
Did you see the original film back in 1959?
Old 02-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #1267

Oct 2011
Houston,. TX

I picked up the Target exclusive digibook and WM exclusive.
Still may pick up the 3 disc at BestBuy and use a few RZ certs.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:53 AM   #1268

Mar 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaridley View Post
Did you see the original film back in 1959?
Even if he did, he couldn't remember it. Not humanly possible even with a photographic memory.

Last edited by ChipmunksDad; 02-06-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:55 AM   #1269
Power Member

Nov 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by taei View Post
Has anyone here downloaded the digital copy?

iTunes won't let me download mine. It says that it is temporarily unavailable...
I've been freaking out about this thinking my itunes was broken... I should have came here as I did not see you reply and I was getting an error as well.

Unknown Error (5002) Was that the same for you?

I wish they would just say that there is an problem with the movie download instead of having to wait on hold with Apple for 2 hours. I hope I save you the time as this is what we eventually found out.

I reinstalled itunes
added a new credit card
turned itunes genius off and on
restarted a billion times
turned on one click purchasing
ran disk utility
etc...
I literally wasted 3 hours on this!

It ended up not being any of that...

First go home on the itunes store. go to the purchased link on the left hand side. You will probably see peter pan there (I did) even though it never confirmed in any of your attempts. Click on the cloud next to peter pan to download the file. I hope this helps!!

Last edited by hedliniv; 02-06-2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #1270

Mar 2010
-
-
-

Quote:

I HATE the authoring on these things. All I want is the movie while I'm watching the movie.
So select the non Disneyview setting.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:00 AM   #1271
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Amon Hen

Just fyi, you can turn off the disney intermission feature in the "Set-up" menu.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis
Old 02-06-2013, 04:00 AM   #1272

Mar 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedliniv View Post

First go home on the itunes store. go to the purchased link on the left hand side. You will probably see peter pan there (I did) even though it never confirmed in any of your attempts. Click on the cloud next to peter pan to download the file. I hope this helps!!
Thanks for that. Mine is downloading right now. I figured I'd just try tomorrow. Must be a hiccup in the system.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:24 AM   #1273
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn84 View Post
Just fyi, you can turn off the disney intermission feature in the "Set-up" menu.
Thanks, Strider.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:41 AM   #1274
Power Member

May 2010

Quote:
I've been freaking out about this thinking my itunes was broken... I should have came here as I did not see you reply and I was getting an error as well.

I wish they would just say that there is an problem with the movie download instead of having to wait on hold with Apple for 2 hours. I hope I save you the time as this is what we eventually found out.

I reinstalled itunes
added a new credit card
ran disk utility
etc...

thanks!!

Kinda funny seeing the extras larger than the actual movie file.
"In every age,
Family is king
and the bravest journeys,
are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #1275
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipmunksDad View Post
So select the non Disneyview setting.
Yeah... I don't get people complaining about this one. It's just an extra option. I don't watch with it turned on, but I certainly don't mind that it's on the disc. Just don't watch with it.

This is not like how they are putting in crappy sequels with the original. Even this I wouldn't mind so much if those crappy sequels just appear as one line of text in the special feature section and don't appear at all on the cover. Then it would be easy for me to forget them and actually like that I have more extras. I like having choices even if I never use them
(But not if I'm constantly be reminded that it's there by the cover and menu. And far worse, if it means they omit or put the previous DVD extras to online only )
I'm actually really upset whenever they omit previous extras from the disc. But Disney view is just an extra option that you never have to use if you don't want to. It's giving you more choices. What's not to like?
Old 02-06-2013, 05:10 AM   #1276

Sep 2011

Quote:

I reinstalled itunes
added a new credit card
ran disk utility
etc...

A great many Thank You's to you!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:46 AM   #1277
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Amon Hen

Just finished watching this for the first time in many, many years. Just as fun as I remember it , but I won't deny the portrayal of the Indians was a bit uncomfortable to watch. Goes to show how times have changed. Also tells me how naive I was as a child, since I never noticed anything wrong with it back then.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis
Old 02-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #1278
Special Member

Oct 2012
Wilmington, California

There's actually LOADS of special features despite what the box says.
My PSN ID: The_Edge_1980
Nissen's Back to the Future Retro VHS BD custom covers I've commisioned can be found HERE
A biopic worthy of being in your collection: Control (2007)
Don't tell me how to post on the Internet. Worry about yourself.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #1279
Special Member

Oct 2012
Wilmington, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
Wow I fell for this once with Cinderella. Not again. If the best they can do is an aspect ratio of 1:33 then they shouldn't bother cuz that is no where near Bluray quality. I'm returning the digibook in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
That was the film's original aspect ratio. If you like, you can watch the film with the BD's DisneyView... it makes the side bars pretty looking and blend in with each scene. No need to return the BD, that's just foolish talk.
My PSN ID: The_Edge_1980
Nissen's Back to the Future Retro VHS BD custom covers I've commisioned can be found HERE
A biopic worthy of being in your collection: Control (2007)
Don't tell me how to post on the Internet. Worry about yourself.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #1280
Banned

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
It's the optional fancy artistic "camouflage" borders added to 4:3 movies for widescreen sets, and Cristy Maltese's on this and Cinderella have been some of the better borders they've had since Toby Bluth's on Snow White and Pinocchio.
And Crystal Light drink pods are tastier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Kiwi View Post
I'm watching it right now as I type, and it's not stretched to fit my screen. Are all of the SD bonus material on the disc appearing like that for you, or just that one?.
Same here, no problems on my auto-adjusting PS3--Might want to check the SD defaults on the individual player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn84 View Post
Just finished watching this for the first time in many, many years. Just as fun as I remember it , but I won't deny the portrayal of the Indians was a bit uncomfortable to watch. Goes to show how times have changed. Also tells me how naive I was as a child, since I never noticed anything wrong with it back then.
There's a line in the 50's short that describes the Chief "just like a child imagines him out of a story".
Which is about as close to an explanation as we get: These aren't "real" Indians, these are Neverland Indians, which means they, like the Pirates, don't really exist; they're all the imaginary cliche's that a little Victorian British child would imagine after reading Last of the Mohicans. There's more a sense of that in the play than in the movie, but they kept it--Fans end up having to explain that a hundred times, and you just can't kill it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
If that's true, then why don't they say that? Instead, they make an If But Then statement. Walt wanted to do this, but didn't because of that. We agree the But Then assertion is false, so we can stop there. Walt clearly wanted to make a Peter Pan film at some point, hence he bought the rights. But the statement that Walt decided not to do it because he needed to wait 10 years for animation techniques to improve...that's false.
"Waiting for animation to catch up" was just borrowing/rephrasing a quick ready-made publicity statement Walt made in a promotional magazine article (the "Why I Made Peter Pan" featurette they brought over from the DVD), and Walt was clearly glossing over ten years of abandoned storyboards and wartime blues for the public's sake.
Walt was good at spinning stories to fit his image, although I'd never quite heard that story about his playing Peter in the school play and "flying" when the rope got loose.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America