Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$14.84
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
The Fisher King (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$19.97
The Ultimate Matrix Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$48.38
Blomkamp³ Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.62
Gone with the Wind (Blu-ray)
$28.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 06-26-2015, 11:29 PM   #3421

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
I watched Resurrection of F the other day and blimey, I couldn't recognise Gohan or Bulma because they looked completely different and as if they were distant family members of these two characters.

Granted, I saw that on the manga Gohan apparently looks identical but still, his face and body are nothing alike the Gohan I've known for years.

In a way, this dorky "new" Gohan reminds me of Nobita from Doraemon.
Yeah the tweaking of the character designs is something I will have to get accustom to too. I'm not very fond of it, but I guess it's just the price we have to pay in order to have new DB anime.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:54 AM   #3422

Jan 2013

The second English dub trailer.

This is a download link for the trailer for those who can not view it in their country. The video in the download link has a higher bit rate, so it looks a lot better then the youtube video.
http://www.filedropper.com/dragonbal...fficialtrailer
Thanks given by:
LordCrumb (06-27-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 11:54 PM   #3423

May 2009
New Zealand

So excited!
Old 06-28-2015, 12:28 AM   #3424

Oct 2006

this is how king kai should sound i wish all of king kai's lines in kai redubbed like this [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1dWcFJmxRI]
Old 06-28-2015, 01:43 AM   #3425

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman2000 View Post
this is how king kai should sound i wish all of king kai's lines in kai redubbed like this [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1dWcFJmxRI]
He basically sounds like Piccolo.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:46 AM   #3426
Special Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
Yeah the tweaking of the character designs is something I will have to get accustom to too. I'm not very fond of it, but I guess it's just the price we have to pay in order to have new DB anime.
True. I just hope Dragon Ball Super will also have a good chunk of comedy like Dragon Ball did rather than just fight, fight and fight (as it were the case for Dragon Ball Z). Well.. there was also a bit of talk here and there.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #3427
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

Old 06-29-2015, 04:18 AM   #3428
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011

Sadly, I know I wont be seeing this because where I live I am not even sure if it will come around my area, however, I look forward to the Blu-ray which will come out this fall maybe October or November.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:36 AM   #3429
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnimeLegend View Post
Sadly, I know I wont be seeing this because where I live I am not even sure if it will come around my area, however, I look forward to the Blu-ray which will come out this fall maybe October or November.
Just go to the link I posted and click on Buy Tickets and then enter your city or zip code. It will say if it is or not. Though it does say more Theaters are added to the list each day, so even if it doesn't say it is now, it is possible it could.

Anime movies are usually released in America in a pretty limited release sort of like the world premiere of the movie in America with the Japanese voices just before the Japanese release. But I was actually able to see Battle Of Gods in my area which never gets Anime movies except for maybe a Disney Ghibli movie.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:08 AM   #3430
Power Member

Jul 2014

Where do you guys live? Just curious. I know when I lived in Buffalo NY the only anime movies I ever saw in theaters were Mononoke, Ghost in the Shell Innocence, Howl's Moving Castle, and Spirited Away. Usually though, anime movies didn't come to Buffalo. Colorado though, is another story. There are several theaters around that show anime movies all of the time between the Alamo Drafthouse, an AMC theater up in the northern area of Denver, and a few others.

I've seen Battle of Gods, The Wind Rises, Akira, Tiger & Bunny The Rising, and FMA The Stars of Milos here and there are many other movies I've either missed out on or passed on (Madoka trilogy, Gunbusters, 009 Re-Cyborg (well, this is next month, but I'm going to miss it), Index, Wolf Children, an entire week of Miyazaki movies, etc).
Old 06-29-2015, 04:01 PM   #3431
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
Where do you guys live? Just curious. I know when I lived in Buffalo NY the only anime movies I ever saw in theaters were Mononoke, Ghost in the Shell Innocence, Howl's Moving Castle, and Spirited Away. Usually though, anime movies didn't come to Buffalo. Colorado though, is another story. There are several theaters around that show anime movies all of the time between the Alamo Drafthouse, an AMC theater up in the northern area of Denver, and a few others.

I've seen Battle of Gods, The Wind Rises, Akira, Tiger & Bunny The Rising, and FMA The Stars of Milos here and there are many other movies I've either missed out on or passed on (Madoka trilogy, Gunbusters, 009 Re-Cyborg (well, this is next month, but I'm going to miss it), Index, Wolf Children, an entire week of Miyazaki movies, etc).

I live in Northern Kentucky and the closest theather is approximately 13.6 miles away. Tickets for Fathom Adults are $11.50 and Fathom Students $10.50. If I bought two tickets it would $23.00 even.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #3432
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post

Rancho Mirage, California which is near Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Coachella to name a few of the noteworthy cities in my area.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:06 PM   #3433
Special Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
The video's title is misleading (but it is what Toonami named it) as when I saw "DBZ" and a thumbnail of a DBZ scene in 4x3 AR it became interesting, though... Turns out it was just Kai.

Bring back a remasterisation quality near the DBZ Level Blu-rays.
Old Yesterday, 02:15 AM   #3434
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
The video's title is misleading (but it is what Toonami named it) as when I saw "DBZ" and a thumbnail of a DBZ scene in 4x3 AR it became interesting, though... Turns out it was just Kai.

Bring back a remasterisation quality near the DBZ Level Blu-rays.
Well if you follow Toonami every week, you'll know that it's meant for Kai. Toonami says shows from the 80s and 90s are too old to show on Toonami. So they use a more recent version of DBZ which is within the time spand that they can show versus a show made in 1989.

So like for an example, if it were Sailor Moon, they probably wouldn't show the recent English dub of the classic series, but could show Sailor Moon Crystal.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime