Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Mad Men: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$12.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 9-10 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Babadook (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Expendables 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie *After You've Seen It!*
One Star 4 0.86%
Two Stars 19 4.09%
Three Stars 64 13.76%
Four Stars 143 30.75%
Five Stars 235 50.54%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2015, 03:06 AM   #2941
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Albany NY

How much time passed between
[Show spoiler]when Cooper and his daughter found NASA and the launch of Cooper and crew's trip to Saturn?
http://www.bemealittle.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5519652...851207/detail/
Samsung LN46B630, Yamaha RX-V765
Polk CS2, Polk Monitor 60's, Polk Monitor 40's
BIC Acoustec PL-200 Sub
Sony BDP-S570
Old 01-05-2015, 07:47 AM   #2942
Special Member

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMiniver View Post
I think the author Thorne was a little to skeptical near the end of the book, most of it is accurate but the last few chapters the book falls apart.
They must use a really cheap binding

Seriously though, what do you mean? Are you saying that the last part of the book is not accurate?
Old 01-05-2015, 04:42 PM   #2943

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonski View Post
They must use a really cheap binding

Seriously though, what do you mean? Are you saying that the last part of the book is not accurate?
The two or three chapters from the moment Copper goes into the black hole is mostly speculation on the part of Thorne. Most of the book by before that is usually real TRUE science and a little educated guess.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:01 PM   #2944
Special Member

Sep 2007

Quote:
The two or three chapters from the moment Copper goes into the black hole is mostly speculation on the part of Thorne. Most of the book by before that is usually real TRUE science and a little educated guess.
Oh, I see. Thanks, I've been meaning to pick up that book for a while.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #2945
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
As opposed to theoretical physics in general, you mean?
"I don't know how much movies should entertain. To me I'm always interested in movies that scar."

"Every once in a while there are actors you can defeat .... I hate earnestness in performance. Usually by Take 17 the earnestness is gone."

-- David Fincher
Old 01-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #2946

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
As opposed to theoretical physics in general, you mean?
As opposed to being TRUE based on real science. The ending was speculation on the part of Thorne with very little facts to claim they were indeed true.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:08 AM   #2947
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Pittsburgh, PA

I see there hasn't been any activity in here for almost 3 weeks, but tonight I ended up Interstellar for the 2nd time and boy, what a difference a 2nd viewing can make! I finally wrote my review (2.5 months in waiting) below. I wrapped the whole thing in a spoiler even though there are no specific plot spoilers as far as I can tell:

[Show spoiler]Seeing "Interstellar" for the second time tonight, I couldn't help but notice that a lot of my questions were finally answered in an illuminating fashion. It's a big, bold, ambitious sci fi film and probably will become a modern classic soon enough. There's science, spirituality, existentialism, history, all wrapped up in a post-apocalyptic theme that combines 2001: A Space Odyssey, Contact, Metropolis, Star Wars and even Star Trek. Sure, there's a lot of theory involved in the science used in Interstellar, from quantum mechanics to astrobiology, and I'm sure scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson approves of this film, but the resounding effect I had from seeing this film again was realizing that the script was so brilliantly written that there was a reason why I was so confused the first time I saw this picture. Of course, this film didn't get a single nomination for best screenplay of the year for any award, but that doesn't matter. I admired the effort for technical authenticity that the Nolan bros. achieved with this film and the whole idea of the combination of gravity, love and time being the panacea that solves the dilemma for the human race is astounding. That the human survival instinct to exist, to go beyond the boundaries of our planet in light of destruction, to build new worlds in other star systems and to transcend our primitive human systems can somehow be all achievable is a great inspiration to me...... After the movie ended and Marc, John, Jake and myself were all sitting in the empty theater watching the credits, the projectionist appeared in the window behind us and we instinctively waved at him. Then something happened that I never before encountered. He opened the casement window and asked us permission if he could turn on the house lights. Then we all started raving about how this was our second time watching the film, to which he said it was his 5th time and how every subsequent viewing reinforced his love for Interstellar. Here we are having a conversation with the projectionist (aka: the Wizard of (Movie) Oz) from the window up above. Incredible.
Thanks given by:
bootsy (01-23-2015), SilentDawn (01-22-2015), Tuco_76 (01-24-2015)
Old 01-23-2015, 03:50 AM   #2948
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw007 View Post
I see there hasn't been any activity in here for almost 3 weeks, but tonight I ended up Interstellar for the 2nd time and boy, what a difference a 2nd viewing can make! I finally wrote my review (2.5 months in waiting) below. I wrapped the whole thing in a spoiler even though there are no specific plot spoilers as far as I can tell:

[Show spoiler]Seeing "Interstellar" for the second time tonight, I couldn't help but notice that a lot of my questions were finally answered in an illuminating fashion. It's a big, bold, ambitious sci fi film and probably will become a modern classic soon enough. There's science, spirituality, existentialism, history, all wrapped up in a post-apocalyptic theme that combines 2001: A Space Odyssey, Contact, Metropolis, Star Wars and even Star Trek. Sure, there's a lot of theory involved in the science used in Interstellar, from quantum mechanics to astrobiology, and I'm sure scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson approves of this film, but the resounding effect I had from seeing this film again was realizing that the script was so brilliantly written that there was a reason why I was so confused the first time I saw this picture. Of course, this film didn't get a single nomination for best screenplay of the year for any award, but that doesn't matter. I admired the effort for technical authenticity that the Nolan bros. achieved with this film and the whole idea of the combination of gravity, love and time being the panacea that solves the dilemma for the human race is astounding. That the human survival instinct to exist, to go beyond the boundaries of our planet in light of destruction, to build new worlds in other star systems and to transcend our primitive human systems can somehow be all achievable is a great inspiration to me...... After the movie ended and Marc, John, Jake and myself were all sitting in the empty theater watching the credits, the projectionist appeared in the window behind us and we instinctively waved at him. Then something happened that I never before encountered. He opened the casement window and asked us permission if he could turn on the house lights. Then we all started raving about how this was our second time watching the film, to which he said it was his 5th time and how every subsequent viewing reinforced his love for Interstellar. Here we are having a conversation with the projectionist (aka: the Wizard of (Movie) Oz) from the window up above. Incredible.
2nd viewing does make a big difference. I agree.
Does it kill you to use a question mark when asking a question? -- O V N
Thanks given by:
jw007 (01-23-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 12:58 AM   #2949
Expert Member

Jul 2011

Quote:
TheDigitalBits.com [Editor’s Note – I’ve confirmed with Paramount that the aspect ratio is variable from 2.35 to 1.78 for select scenes shot in IMAX.]
https://www.facebook.com/thedigitalb...al_comments=11
Thanks given by:
aiman04 (01-24-2015), itsaboutHD (01-24-2015), L-Rouge (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 09:08 AM   #2950

Jan 2013
Cologne, Germany

Quote:

Can't buy such viewings into your home cinema, awesome. As is the review.
(sry for the av double btw )
Thanks given by:
jw007 (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #2951
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco_76 View Post
Can't buy such viewings into your home cinema, awesome. As is the review.
(sry for the av double btw )
"Fascinating" (as Spock would say).

I thought I just saw my doppelgänger. Perhaps you are my clone.
Thanks given by:
Tuco_76 (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #2952

Jan 2013
Cologne, Germany

Quote:
"Fascinating" (as Spock would say).

I thought I just saw my doppelgänger. Perhaps you are my clone.
Even more fascinating, I've seen a pair of those

as well!

Left invite, that's gonna look like we're really full of ourselves then?!

Last edited by Tuco_76; 01-25-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Thanks given by:
jw007 (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #2953
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007
Kuala Lumpur, MY

Seeing this thread reminds me of a question I wanted to asked. What's the distance between those planets, and the distance of the last planet to the Gargantua? Different conditions (temperature, etc), yet they seems very close, like only hours of travel time.

It takes months for them to go to Saturn.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it? The Dark side.. And the Light..

SONY BDP-S7200 | SONY PLAYSTATION 3 | MARANTZ SR5007
PANASONIC VIERA TH-P65ST60K | KEF LS50 ANNIVERSARY MODEL | SVS SB13-ULTRA
MERLIN | AUDIOQUEST | QED | SUPRA | THE CHORD COMPANY
DARBEE DARBLET DVP5000 | LOGITECH HARMONY TOUCH + PS3 ADAPTER
Old 01-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #2954
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

I loved how the Government schools
[Show spoiler]indoctrinated schoolkids into believing that the Space Program was a sham in order to bankrupt other countries, its nice foil for Cooper who had himself never been outside of Earth's atmosphere. While Science and Faith are always polar opposites of one another its nice to see characters keep the faith of believing the future was still worth fighting for.
Thanks given by:
AaronJ (01-24-2015), jw007 (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 01:29 PM   #2955

Jan 2015

One of my all-time favourites for sure. But that is largely to do with Hans Zimmer's incredible score, which elevates the experience to a new level.
Thanks given by:
itsaboutHD (01-24-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
interstellar