Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The LEGO Batman Movie (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Ronin (Blu-ray)
$22.97
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Sicario 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$149.61
CHiPS (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$31.35
Penny Dreadful: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 1 - Phantom Blood & Battle Tendency Arcs (Blu-ray)
$45.79
Fist Fight (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-13-2016, 06:00 AM   #281
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
USA

I like to see both get special edition treatment. And for the record, Sony seems to have (home video) rights again, seeing the DVD is back in print. Because for a short time, Lionsgate might have had it (the Amazon Instant page clarified that).
Old 10-03-2016, 12:15 AM   #282

Jul 2015

Does anyone know if US version of Piranha 3DD will be back in print any time ?

I got an e-mail from Amazon UK about this movie but from what I see it is region B locked? Does anyone know different ?
Old 01-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #283

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhvsfan View Post
Does anyone know if US version of Piranha 3DD will be back in print any time ?

I got an e-mail from Amazon UK about this movie but from what I see it is region B locked? Does anyone know different ?

Not sure about the US edition, but I'd be inclined to doubt it; I went with the Canadian option (also region A). I was afraid they'd dropped the Blu-ray 3D disc up there as well, but the set I received as identified by the seller with the full UPC of 065935587422 contained the Blu-ray 3D, a separate Blu-ray and a DVD and probably offers the same presentation and content. There are some in play on Ebay, new, and often for significantly less than one of the rare, complete US copies that surfaces.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:53 PM   #284
Banned

Mar 2016

On a side note. I bought the Alliance 2D version of the first Piranha movie to get more extras. I also have the Sony Pictures version. If you lay the clear plastic of the Sony over the Alliance version, it makes a nice combined 2 disc version with the most extras!

I just out the little water paper in with 3DD sequel case.

Just thought I would pass this on.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:03 AM   #285
Banned

Mar 2016

Tjhis is what I meant. Old cover Sony with backing next to Alliance 2D (which has exclusive extras)

Alliance combined which I think makes a cool effect better than Sony, and it hides the Spanish lettering behind the Sony back (not pictured)!

Than finally the English details on inside using a special 2 disc clear case.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:29 AM   #286

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisForever View Post
Tjhis is what I meant. Old cover Sony with backing next to Alliance 2D (which has exclusive extras)

Alliance combined which I think makes a cool effect better than Sony, and it hides the Spanish lettering behind the Sony back (not pictured)!

Than finally the English details on inside using a special 2 disc clear case.

I see; the doubling gives it a 3D pop; neat. Have you noticed whether the 2D Alliance disc looks better than the 2D option on the SONY? I usually watch this title in 3D, but I could see that the some of the image artifacts from the 3D process were carried over to the 2D image; I expect that wouldn't be an issue with the separate 2D releases in Canada/US.

Aja suggested they went with a 3D conversion on the first film because they thought all the light glinting off the water wouldn't jibe with a native shoot. I'd like to have seen some test footage, though; the native 3D in 3DD is excellent...and makes me wish they'd found a way to make it work for the original film.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America