Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
The Middle-Earth Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$599.99
Lone Wolf and Cub (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$14.99
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Legend of Tarzan (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
$74.96
The Nice Guys (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Pioneers of African American Cinema (Blu-ray)
$63.29
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #481
Goremeister100 Goremeister100 is offline
Expert Member
 
Goremeister100's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
2
Default

It's true I guess. If someone wants to shell out ridiculous amounts on something why should Amazon or Ebay stop them. Anyone with common sense would wait for a re-release of a film but if you're ok with paying 500 bucks for a blu-ray, more power to you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #482
PuppetMasterBlu PuppetMasterBlu is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PuppetMasterBlu's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
654
39
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goremeister100 View Post
It's true I guess. If someone wants to shell out ridiculous amounts on something why should Amazon or Ebay stop them. Anyone with common sense would wait for a re-release of a film but if you're ok with paying 500 bucks for a blu-ray, more power to you.
Completely agree. The real solution is to stop with the limited editions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #483
OrchidClub OrchidClub is offline
Active Member
 
OrchidClub's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
710
1
Default

Well, I recently sold my Twilight Time Blu-ray of The Fury and I only got about 20 bucks for it. That's not even what I paid... so I guess only the major, hyped up releases like Fright Night or Christine will garner the big bucks.

Arrow's Blu-ray of The Fury is vastly superior to TT's. I am proud to own it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #484
MTRodaba2468 MTRodaba2468 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
MTRodaba2468's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Western Kentucky
1
2239
306
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchidClub View Post
Well, I recently sold my Twilight Time Blu-ray of The Fury and I only got about 20 bucks for it. That's not even what I paid... so I guess only the major, hyped up releases like Fright Night or Christine will garner the big bucks.

Arrow's Blu-ray of The Fury is vastly superior to TT's. I am proud to own it.
Well, there isn't much of a demand for this release in comparison. Fright Night and Christine don't have an overseas release available, not to mention Arrow's release is an improvement on TT's release.
#1 WEE MAN FAN
Movie Collection (FilmAf) | Music Collection (Discogs; still in progress) | Facebook
1000 Blu-Rays as of 11/09/13: John Cassavetes: Five Films: Criterion Collection
2000 Blu-Rays as of 1/28/16: Deep Red: Arrow Films 3-Disc Limited Edition
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #485
MrClarke MrClarke is offline
Power Member
 
MrClarke's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
South Hill, VA
1259
129
182
12
32
Default

TCM Shop still says this is available. I thought it was sold out
Most Anticipated Movies to Get the Blu Treatment
Salem's Lot | White Chicks | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Let's Scare Jessica to Death | Alive | The Fearless Vampire Killers | Mommie Dearest | Stephen King's It | A Life Less Ordinary | Date with an Angel | Ruthless People (BOLDED HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:12 AM   #486
AnamorphicWidescreen AnamorphicWidescreen is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Feb 2014
Default

The Fury is a superb film; IMHO the telekenesis angle was really well done - the scenes when the Amy Irving character made people bleed after touching them was horrific. And, the ending scene was truly mind-blowing It's seems that D. Cronenberg (who I'm also a huge fan of, though that's another thread) may have "borrowed" some ideas from The Fury which made their way into Scanners, which came out a couple of years later.

Though the film was obviously not a comedy, the Mother Knuckles cameo was hilarious - especially funny was when she was very deferential & nice to the Kirk Douglas character who had broken into their apartment, while her son?! and daughter-in-law were uncomfortably bound nearby ; not the first thing you'd expect from a character in that situation. The "shinola" shoe-polish usage in the above scene (when Kirk D. was putting this in his hair as a disguise) also brought to mind the old expression, "You don't know ^%$% from shinola"
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #487
theprestige85 theprestige85 is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2013
146
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchidClub View Post
Well, I recently sold my Twilight Time Blu-ray of The Fury and I only got about 20 bucks for it. That's not even what I paid... so I guess only the major, hyped up releases like Fright Night or Christine will garner the big bucks.

Arrow's Blu-ray of The Fury is vastly superior to TT's. I am proud to own it.
With Christine, not for long. Theres a bunch of scandinavian releases scheduled for September. So for those who were looking for 100+ for their sealed copies can kiss their profit goodbye
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:03 PM   #488
PuppetMasterBlu PuppetMasterBlu is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PuppetMasterBlu's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
654
39
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprestige85 View Post
With Christine, not for long. Theres a bunch of scandinavian releases scheduled for September. So for those who were looking for 100+ for their sealed copies can kiss their profit goodbye
Right so they just have sell them in the next couple months. Im betting Ebay is going to be flooded.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:22 PM   #489
theprestige85 theprestige85 is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2013
146
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMasterBlu View Post
Right so they just have sell them in the next couple months. Im betting Ebay is going to be flooded.
They won't be able to sell shit if we all go out of our ways to promote the Scandinavian releases.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:56 AM   #490
Mr.big Mr.big is offline
New Member
 
Dec 2011
10
8
Default

I sure hope this gets a wide release in the U.S, preferably with the French transfer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #491
PuppetMasterBlu PuppetMasterBlu is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PuppetMasterBlu's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
654
39
112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.big View Post
I sure hope this gets a wide release in the U.S, preferably with the French transfer.
Keep hoping, that isn't happening.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #492
tele1962 tele1962 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
tele1962's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
367
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.big View Post
I sure hope this gets a wide release in the U.S, preferably with the French transfer.
Go region free and get the superior Arrow release.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (01-18-2015), Ray_Rogers (03-31-2015), tama (01-18-2015)
Old 01-18-2015, 12:54 PM   #493
Monterey Jack Monterey Jack is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Monterey Jack's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Go region free and get the superior Arrow release.
YES. Completely worth it...superb transfer/packaging and copious, well-done extras.
"First, ye rubs somethin' furry t'build a charge...then ye picks yer target!"
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ray_Rogers (03-31-2015), tele1962 (01-18-2015)
Old 07-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #494
ParamountChris ParamountChris is offline
Member
 
ParamountChris's Avatar
 
Jun 2016
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Default

None has done the French and Australian releases yet? WHy is it R-18+ in Australia, it's 14a here in Canada. Plus The Fury is one of my all time favorites. I pefer the artwork in the US/France/Australain releases than the UK one which is an upgrade to the TT Blu. And i was hoping for this film to be getting a Criterion release because 3000 copies for this and will not be repressed? You gotta be kidding me!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #495
cakefactory cakefactory is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
cakefactory's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
WI, USA
1370
739
1
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamountChris View Post
None has done the French and Australian releases yet? WHy is it R-18+ in Australia, it's 14a here in Canada. Plus The Fury is one of my all time favorites. I pefer the artwork in the US/France/Australain releases than the UK one which is an upgrade to the TT Blu. And i was hoping for this film to be getting a Criterion release because 3000 copies for this and will not be repressed? You gotta be kidding me!
What are you asking? There's a review of the French release on the site, if you meant "No one has reviewed the French and Australian sets yet?"

The french and UK releases are both spectacular. I'm not sure of anything about the Aussie release, but based on its release date, I'd assume it has the same gorgeous transfer. I don't know, though. Buy one of the first two, if you can play B discs. The French disc has mostly the same extras but they have French subtitles, so if you're a French speaker you should go for that.

The TT release was vastly inferior in every way. It also costs quite a bit more, despite being a lot uglier and having no extras worth mentioning. If you're contemplating buying it off the secondary market, I'd put a bunch of the money you'd be saving by getting an import version towards a region free player. You also need to be careful on Amazon since the listings are really confused between the Australian, UK and US versions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:00 PM   #496
ParamountChris ParamountChris is offline
Member
 
ParamountChris's Avatar
 
Jun 2016
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
What are you asking? There's a review of the French release on the site, if you meant "No one has reviewed the French and Australian sets yet?"

The french and UK releases are both spectacular. I'm not sure of anything about the Aussie release, but based on its release date, I'd assume it has the same gorgeous transfer. I don't know, though. Buy one of the first two, if you can play B discs. The French disc has mostly the same extras but they have French subtitles, so if you're a French speaker you should go for that.

The TT release was vastly inferior in every way. It also costs quite a bit more, despite being a lot uglier and having no extras worth mentioning. If you're contemplating buying it off the secondary market, I'd put a bunch of the money you'd be saving by getting an import version towards a region free player. You also need to be careful on Amazon since the listings are really confused between the Australian, UK and US versions.
I need to find the cheapest Region-Free Blu-Ray player. I can't use Amazon, i don't own a credit card.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:03 PM   #497
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
1092
256
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamountChris View Post
I need to find the cheapest Region-Free Blu-Ray player. I can't use Amazon, i don't own a credit card.
Are you a minor? Every bank account in the US will give you a check card now-a-days, which works fine on Amazon and all other sites. If you really can't get any kind of card though you can still buy Amazon gift cards in stores. Though I wouldn't buy a region-free player on Amazon, they cost more than on specialty sites like world-import and 220Electronics.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:54 PM   #498
PaperThinWalls PaperThinWalls is offline
Member
 
PaperThinWalls's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
Chicago, Illinois
170
Default

If you have a Panasonic player, you should be able to play the Arrow release via the Top Menu trick.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:27 PM   #499
surfinhank surfinhank is offline
Senior Member
 
surfinhank's Avatar
 
May 2009
7114
29
Default

The Australian release is the same transfer as Arrow's and it plays in region A machines.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:19 PM   #500
ParamountChris ParamountChris is offline
Member
 
ParamountChris's Avatar
 
Jun 2016
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinhank View Post
The Australian release is the same transfer as Arrow's and it plays in region A machines.
That's so fantastic !!!!! 😊😊😊 But why does it have to be R-18+ in Australia???? Its 14a here in Canada and it fits as a PG-13 , why R-18+ ???
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:46 AM.