Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
The Middle-Earth Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$599.99
Lone Wolf and Cub (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray)
$14.99
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Legend of Tarzan (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
$74.96
The Nice Guys (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Pioneers of African American Cinema (Blu-ray)
$63.29
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #481
Expert Member

Sep 2013

It's true I guess. If someone wants to shell out ridiculous amounts on something why should Amazon or Ebay stop them. Anyone with common sense would wait for a re-release of a film but if you're ok with paying 500 bucks for a blu-ray, more power to you.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #482
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goremeister100 View Post
It's true I guess. If someone wants to shell out ridiculous amounts on something why should Amazon or Ebay stop them. Anyone with common sense would wait for a re-release of a film but if you're ok with paying 500 bucks for a blu-ray, more power to you.
Completely agree. The real solution is to stop with the limited editions.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #483

Nov 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

Well, I recently sold my Twilight Time Blu-ray of The Fury and I only got about 20 bucks for it. That's not even what I paid... so I guess only the major, hyped up releases like Fright Night or Christine will garner the big bucks.

Arrow's Blu-ray of The Fury is vastly superior to TT's. I am proud to own it.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #484
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Western Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchidClub View Post
Well, I recently sold my Twilight Time Blu-ray of The Fury and I only got about 20 bucks for it. That's not even what I paid... so I guess only the major, hyped up releases like Fright Night or Christine will garner the big bucks.

Well, there isn't much of a demand for this release in comparison. Fright Night and Christine don't have an overseas release available, not to mention Arrow's release is an improvement on TT's release.
#1 WEE MAN FAN
Movie Collection (FilmAf) | Music Collection (Discogs; still in progress) | Facebook
1000 Blu-Rays as of 11/09/13: John Cassavetes: Five Films: Criterion Collection
2000 Blu-Rays as of 1/28/16: Deep Red: Arrow Films 3-Disc Limited Edition
Old 01-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #485
Power Member

Jun 2011
South Hill, VA

TCM Shop still says this is available. I thought it was sold out
Most Anticipated Movies to Get the Blu Treatment
Salem's Lot | White Chicks | Drop Dead Gorgeous | Let's Scare Jessica to Death | Alive | The Fearless Vampire Killers | Mommie Dearest | Stephen King's It | A Life Less Ordinary | Date with an Angel | Ruthless People (BOLDED HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!)
Old 05-31-2014, 03:12 AM   #486
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2014

The Fury is a superb film; IMHO the telekenesis angle was really well done - the scenes when the Amy Irving character made people bleed after touching them was horrific. And, the ending scene was truly mind-blowing It's seems that D. Cronenberg (who I'm also a huge fan of, though that's another thread) may have "borrowed" some ideas from The Fury which made their way into Scanners, which came out a couple of years later.

Though the film was obviously not a comedy, the Mother Knuckles cameo was hilarious - especially funny was when she was very deferential & nice to the Kirk Douglas character who had broken into their apartment, while her son?! and daughter-in-law were uncomfortably bound nearby ; not the first thing you'd expect from a character in that situation. The "shinola" shoe-polish usage in the above scene (when Kirk D. was putting this in his hair as a disguise) also brought to mind the old expression, "You don't know ^%$% from shinola"
Old 05-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #487
Banned

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchidClub View Post

With Christine, not for long. Theres a bunch of scandinavian releases scheduled for September. So for those who were looking for 100+ for their sealed copies can kiss their profit goodbye
Old 05-31-2014, 12:03 PM   #488
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprestige85 View Post
With Christine, not for long. Theres a bunch of scandinavian releases scheduled for September. So for those who were looking for 100+ for their sealed copies can kiss their profit goodbye
Right so they just have sell them in the next couple months. Im betting Ebay is going to be flooded.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:22 PM   #489
Banned

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMasterBlu View Post
Right so they just have sell them in the next couple months. Im betting Ebay is going to be flooded.
They won't be able to sell shit if we all go out of our ways to promote the Scandinavian releases.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:56 AM   #490

Dec 2011

I sure hope this gets a wide release in the U.S, preferably with the French transfer.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #491
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.big View Post
I sure hope this gets a wide release in the U.S, preferably with the French transfer.
Keep hoping, that isn't happening.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #492
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.big View Post
Go region free and get the superior Arrow release.
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (01-18-2015), Ray_Rogers (03-31-2015), tama (01-18-2015)
Old 01-18-2015, 12:54 PM   #493
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Go region free and get the superior Arrow release.
YES. Completely worth it...superb transfer/packaging and copious, well-done extras.
"First, ye rubs somethin' furry t'build a charge...then ye picks yer target!"
Thanks given by:
Ray_Rogers (03-31-2015), tele1962 (01-18-2015)
Old 07-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #494

Jun 2016
Kelowna, BC, Canada

None has done the French and Australian releases yet? WHy is it R-18+ in Australia, it's 14a here in Canada. Plus The Fury is one of my all time favorites. I pefer the artwork in the US/France/Australain releases than the UK one which is an upgrade to the TT Blu. And i was hoping for this film to be getting a Criterion release because 3000 copies for this and will not be repressed? You gotta be kidding me!
Old 07-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #495
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamountChris View Post
None has done the French and Australian releases yet? WHy is it R-18+ in Australia, it's 14a here in Canada. Plus The Fury is one of my all time favorites. I pefer the artwork in the US/France/Australain releases than the UK one which is an upgrade to the TT Blu. And i was hoping for this film to be getting a Criterion release because 3000 copies for this and will not be repressed? You gotta be kidding me!
What are you asking? There's a review of the French release on the site, if you meant "No one has reviewed the French and Australian sets yet?"

The french and UK releases are both spectacular. I'm not sure of anything about the Aussie release, but based on its release date, I'd assume it has the same gorgeous transfer. I don't know, though. Buy one of the first two, if you can play B discs. The French disc has mostly the same extras but they have French subtitles, so if you're a French speaker you should go for that.

The TT release was vastly inferior in every way. It also costs quite a bit more, despite being a lot uglier and having no extras worth mentioning. If you're contemplating buying it off the secondary market, I'd put a bunch of the money you'd be saving by getting an import version towards a region free player. You also need to be careful on Amazon since the listings are really confused between the Australian, UK and US versions.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:00 PM   #496

Jun 2016
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
What are you asking? There's a review of the French release on the site, if you meant "No one has reviewed the French and Australian sets yet?"

The french and UK releases are both spectacular. I'm not sure of anything about the Aussie release, but based on its release date, I'd assume it has the same gorgeous transfer. I don't know, though. Buy one of the first two, if you can play B discs. The French disc has mostly the same extras but they have French subtitles, so if you're a French speaker you should go for that.

The TT release was vastly inferior in every way. It also costs quite a bit more, despite being a lot uglier and having no extras worth mentioning. If you're contemplating buying it off the secondary market, I'd put a bunch of the money you'd be saving by getting an import version towards a region free player. You also need to be careful on Amazon since the listings are really confused between the Australian, UK and US versions.
I need to find the cheapest Region-Free Blu-Ray player. I can't use Amazon, i don't own a credit card.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:03 PM   #497
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamountChris View Post
I need to find the cheapest Region-Free Blu-Ray player. I can't use Amazon, i don't own a credit card.
Are you a minor? Every bank account in the US will give you a check card now-a-days, which works fine on Amazon and all other sites. If you really can't get any kind of card though you can still buy Amazon gift cards in stores. Though I wouldn't buy a region-free player on Amazon, they cost more than on specialty sites like world-import and 220Electronics.
Old 07-16-2016, 09:54 PM   #498

Aug 2010
Chicago, Illinois

If you have a Panasonic player, you should be able to play the Arrow release via the Top Menu trick.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:27 PM   #499

May 2009

The Australian release is the same transfer as Arrow's and it plays in region A machines.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:19 PM   #500

Jun 2016
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinhank View Post
The Australian release is the same transfer as Arrow's and it plays in region A machines.
That's so fantastic !!!!! 😊😊😊 But why does it have to be R-18+ in Australia???? Its 14a here in Canada and it fits as a PG-13 , why R-18+ ???
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America