Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Community: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.08

The Incredibles 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
8 hrs ago
Deadpool 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
19 hrs ago
Ghost World (Blu-ray)
$17.87
2 hrs ago
The 'Burbs (Blu-ray)
$14.12
11 hrs ago
What Have They Done to Your Daughters? (Blu-ray)
$25.19
18 hrs ago
Odds Against Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$19.96

The Changeling (Blu-ray)
$27.93
20 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Cold Water (Blu-ray)
$27.37
7 hrs ago
Rick and Morty: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 12-20-2014, 10:12 AM   #21
Expert Member

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logansneo View Post
Excellent movie. Val Kilmer is a great actor that doesn't get much credit but once in a while he hooks up with a good director and story. If you like Val Kilmer check out:

-Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang
-Spartan (directed by David Mamet)
-Wonderland
-Tombstone

All of these SHOULD be on Blu-Ray as well.
oh man i loved spartan...when the BLOODY HELL IS IT COMING OUT?!
Old 10-26-2017, 11:18 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014

Recently re-watched The Salton Sea. This is by far Val Kilmer's best role. I've been a fan ever since I saw this in the theater (limited release) back in late Spring 2002.

Great neo-noir/revenge thriller, with some comedic moments as well. Great supporting cast also. Amazing film. The opening scenes with Kilmer playing the trumpet while the room burns around him is sublime, and the rest of the film continues in the same vein.

The soundtrack is also very impressive. It's not always easy for movies to successfully feature songs from different genres, but the music was fantastic here - Moby's "My Weakness", Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side", The Chemical Brothers' "Let Forever Be", and Dean Martin's "Ain't that a kick in the head?" are all great songs, and really worked well in the film.

It's high time this was finally released on Blu. The existing DVD is not bad, but it would be great to see this incredible film remastered.

Last edited by AnamorphicWidescreen; 10-27-2017 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:19 AM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
London

Great movie, I didn't quite understand the ending, but I recently recorded it in HD & I'm sure I'll get it this time, the guy with no nose is really creepy. We need this on Blu-ray, I suppose if this ever gets a release it would come from the Warner Archive.

Last edited by CinemaScope; 10-27-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
Recently re-watched The Salton Sea. This is by far Val Kilmer's best role.

Great neo-noir/revenge thriller, with some comedic moments as well. Great supporting cast also. Amazing film. The opening scenes with Kilmer playing the trumpet while the room burns around him is sublime, and the rest of the film continues in the same vein.

The soundtrack is also very impressive. It's not always easy for movies to successfully feature songs from different genres, but the music was fantastic here - Moby's "My Weakness", Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side", The Chemical Brothers' "Let Forever Be", and Dean Martin's "Ain't that a kick in the head?" are all great songs, and really worked well in the film.

It's high time this was finally released on Blu. The existing DVD is not bad, but it would be great to see this incredible film remastered.
Agreed, I remember the soundtrack being really excellent for this film and set the right tone. The trumpet parts were by far my favorite, very jazzy noir.
Home Theater Setup
Projector: BenQ HT1085ST 1080P 3D DLP
Screen: Elite Screens M100XWH-E24 Manual 100" 16:9 w/ 24" Drop
Receiver: Yamaha RX-v379 5.1 Channel
Sound: Yamaha NS-PZ40BL Speakers & NS-SW40BL Subwoofer
Player: Sony BDP-S5200 Region Free Modded
Accessories: Nexera 101915 Pinnacle Cabinet, Sewell BlastIR SW-29311 IR Extender, SainSonic SSZ-200DLB 3D Glasses
Old 10-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltatauhobbit View Post
Agreed, I remember the soundtrack being really excellent for this film and set the right tone. The trumpet parts were by far my favorite, very jazzy noir.
Yes, these were excellent. Note that the music he was playing were songs by Miles Davis (Kilmer's wife in the film mentions this). I'm not a huge jazz fan, but was extremely impressed by the music here. Here's more info. on the specific songs played on the soundtrack, and their placement in the film:

http://www.soundtrackinfo.com/OST/saltonsea/
Old 04-25-2018, 01:36 PM   #26

Feb 2017
Nashville

Underrated performance from Val. Was thinking about the film the other day.
BLU-RAY WISH/WANT LIST

Brainscan, Surviving the Game, Blood Frenzy, Narrow Margin, the Good Thief, After Hours, Rough Cut, Red Eye, Fire in the Sky, Stay Tuned, the Keep, Fade to Black, Dolly Dearest, the Stand, Panic Room, Bringing Out the Dead, Three Men and a Baby, Cruising, the Black Hole, Blown Away (1993), Cheerleader Camp, the Watcher in the Woods, Wonder Boys, Survival Quest, Shoot to Kill...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists