Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Return of the Living Dead Part II (Blu-ray)
$25.70

Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

Home from the Hill (Blu-ray)
$13.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Blockers (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (Blu-ray)
$26.34
4 hrs ago
Tag (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Truth or Dare (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Arrow: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99
17 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 11-13-2010, 03:42 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
KY
Default Bird On A Wire??

Is/will Bird On A Wire gonna be released on Blu-ray?
I've gone 4K with no hesitation!!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Just randomly thought of this movie and I agree, really would like to see it on blu. The DVD is very old and never got an SE.

I think Mel Gibson movies are still on the back-burner though
Old 01-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Central California

Loved this movie as a kid, but until last night I hadn't seen it in probably almost twenty years. Forgot how much fun it was.

I would buy a Blu-ray in a heartbeat. The DVD is from 1998 and non-Anamorphic. When it started, it was a rectangle in the center of my TV with huge black bars all the way around. I sadly had to use the TV's zoom feature to make it fill the screen. I've seen other non-Anamorphic DVDs where the movie still fit the screen lengthwise while the height was just squished, but this was weird.
My Pop! Vinyl Collection | Favorites Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Lethal Weapon, Aliens, Jurassic Park, Blade Runner, Halloween, The Mummy (1999) | 4K ShmoreK
Old 01-26-2015, 09:41 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011

Its a good film, but I wonder if because of Mel Gibson being blacklisted in Hollyweird has anything with not being released. Universal is going to release the masterpice called Kull The Conqueror which is a title everyone wanted in their HD library!

(The bolded words are NOT true)

721 STEELBOOKS™
-------------------------------
What my Blu Ray Collection looks like:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=7044
Old 01-26-2015, 11:18 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Central California

I have wondered about that before. I seem to recall that in 2010 when the Lethal Weapon Collection came out in Region 2, there was a rumor that its Region 1 release was delayed because it was around the time of the audio recording scandal and the studio feared it would affect sales of the set. But I don't think most would care about all that stuff and would still buy his movies on Blu if they'd come out.
My Pop! Vinyl Collection | Favorites Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Lethal Weapon, Aliens, Jurassic Park, Blade Runner, Halloween, The Mummy (1999) | 4K ShmoreK
Old 01-26-2015, 11:29 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Guydowood, GA

There's always room for Goldie too.....
Old 08-04-2015, 07:10 AM   #7
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Just bought a $1.99 (with $4 shipping) "like new" copy of this, so it will surely be announced for blu-ray within a month.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:46 AM   #8
Special Member

May 2010
Netherlands

Goldie Hawn upskirt shot in HD
Old 08-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #9
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
The DVD is from 1998 and non-Anamorphic. When it started, it was a rectangle in the center of my TV with huge black bars all the way around. I sadly had to use the TV's zoom feature to make it fill the screen. I've seen other non-Anamorphic DVDs where the movie still fit the screen lengthwise while the height was just squished, but this was weird.
It depends on your settings and player, if you set the Aspect Ratio to Original, you'll get a window-boxed presentation, if you set it to Wide, you'll get the image fill the screen horizontally, but you'll have to adjust the height.

Some Sony and Panasonic players adjust the image with non-anamorphic players, so it's like watching a anamorphic widescreen movie, handy if you need subtitles and they're player generated (the player relocates them).

Bird On A Wire is on NOW TV in HD, I haven't watched it yet, I have the DVD.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time." DM
"How many times do I have to buy this thing?" MH
"Sure. Fine. Whatever." DS
Thanks given by:
StingingVelvet (08-04-2015)
Old 08-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #10
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Actually I just watched the DVD and it does NOT automatically convert to proper widescreen on a new BD player, even though both my players DO automatically convert other non-anamorphic DVDs like The Abyss and True Lies. So I assume those DVDs have a flag on them this DVD does not. Also despite it saying 2.35:1 on the packaging the image seemed closer to 1.85:1, which I thought was odd. Also also the DVD looks like total shite, and I say that as someone who thought The Abyss looked pretty decent on DVD.

In short even at $1.99 I wouldn't buy this unless you're super desperate to own it. Unless I somehow got a cheap bootleg, but I really doubt it since it came with proper packaging, insert and production notes.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:32 AM   #11
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Got the UK BD. Looks a little rough but not bad, massive improvement over the DVD. It is locked region B however.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:41 PM   #12
Special Member

Feb 2017
Nashville

The UK release is decent. This is one of the last good films that could run simply off the chemistry of the two stars. They try something like this nowadays, it doesn't work; there has to be another element giving the film some propulsion, some kind of gimmick or outlandish plotline. But it also shows how powerful Mel and Goldie were at the time. The whole film runs off their collective charm.
BLU-RAY WISH/WANT LIST

Brainscan, Surviving the Game, Blood Frenzy, Narrow Margin, the Good Thief, After Hours, Rough Cut, Red Eye, Fire in the Sky, Stay Tuned, the Keep, Fade to Black, Dolly Dearest, the Stand, Panic Room, Bringing Out the Dead, Three Men and a Baby, Cruising, the Black Hole, Blown Away (1993), Cheerleader Camp, the Watcher in the Woods, Wonder Boys, Survival Quest, Shoot to Kill...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists