COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$19.99
Mugen Souls Z (PS3)
$29.99
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
$29.99
Dragonball Z: Battle of Z (PS3)
$33.38
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$29.99
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3)
$19.99
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$29.99
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3)
$39.99
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (PS3)
$19.96
Payday 2 (PS3)
$19.99
Saints Row IV (PS3)
$17.46
007: Legends (PS3)
$15.55
Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)
$19.76
Borderlands 2 (PS3)
$24.99
Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
$19.99
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
$19.99
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (PS3)
$29.99
Journey (PS3)
$18.58
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
$28.55

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 10-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #821
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

What is the estimated time to get all the MP trophies with boosting?
Plats--88:
Latest Plat--Strider
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
Old 10-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #822
Special Member

Feb 2009
Anaheim, CA

You guys can add me in for some MP boosting as well.

PSN name is same as here CaptainYoda. I will probably be on tonight for a little bit. Around 7pm PDT.

I have a few of the MP trophies so far. But only at level 22 I think. And I am not super great in deathmatch either.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #823
Special Member

Feb 2009
Anaheim, CA

I would be a little nervous about pulling the power out of my router a several times. But I am up for playing for a few hours. And I dont have a mic that works....
Old 10-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #824
Special Member

Feb 2009
Anaheim, CA

I actually got the Good Samaritan trophy last night. Sole Survivor was one of the first trophies that I earned when i first started multiplayer. I got lucky I guess!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #825
Power Member

Jun 2011
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Some of this sounds complicated but I don't mind being cannon fodder if it means another platinum trophy

I think I'm the only one of us that's in the UK so time differences might become annoying! I'm free Saturday night so if needed I could stay up later than usual! Just keep me posted!
PSN: GeneticMutation
Old 10-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #826
Special Member

Feb 2009
Anaheim, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
Ooops...um...can we do it for me?
For the Good Samaritan, I was playing the one with where the survivors have to carry the medical supplies to the check point. When the bad guys shoot you, you dont die instantly. Your character lays on the ground and shouts, "Help me" or something like that. Then a teammate can go over and revive you, as long as the bad guys dont come and melee kill you while you are on the ground.

So, a teammate was on the ground, and I revived him. I think I revived teammates like 5 times just in that one round.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #827
Special Member

Feb 2009
Anaheim, CA

Well, you are my first boosting friend for this game. It was some random team mate I played with.

On a side note, I noticed it is very hard to find players in the Ranked matches. Casual matches are far easier to jump into games.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #828
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

Finally got Platinum! Reaching rank 60 is a pain.

Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you would deny it to the entire world. And we will not be denied.
GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 10-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #829
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
Right...as of right now...I have no team mates OR opponents.

I've been boosting by myself and there's nobody on anymore.

All my boosting partners for this game are from different websites in all different time zones and I've never boosted with more than one person at a time.
What is the timezone in Dantooine
Plats--88:
Latest Plat--Strider
Old 10-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #830
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
What is the timezone in Dantooine
me wish me lived in chicago
Currently: Playing:Wolfenstein The New Order/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition/Watch Dogs
Old 10-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #831
Expert Member

Oct 2009
Mary's Land

I'd be down for a Tomb Raider MP battle, I've yet to play online so I need all of the online trophies. Still cleaning up some of the SP trophies, I'm in the U.S. on the east coast.

On less now because of football but I'm on a few times a week and Friday night usually.
PSN = Trailbreaker77
Old 12-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #832
Power Member

Jun 2009

I just picked up the game and would like to get the MP trophies boosted as fast as possible, anyone still need these?

PSN: Fuz-10
Platinums: 57 - Burnout Paradise (PS3)
Old 03-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #833
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Contrary to my original plan to completely skip the MP on this, I actually went back to it now that it was free on Plus and a friend of mine grabbed it and wanted an MP partner. I currently have every trophy with the exception of Shopaholic and the level 60 one. With boosting it took about 10 hours so far. I'm currently level 42, and I do around 32K XP per solo run playing solo on the Underground map (about 15 minutes). Getting to 60 is really a dumb grind, it should not have been more than 30 IMO. Also, having to prestige 3 times (as originally set up) would have been borderline impossible with the sheer boredness of the MP.

UPDATE---I got the plat for this the other night. For anyone trying to boost the MP, I highly suggest finding a friend. With 2 people, select free for all at the Underground map, both playing the surivivors. Run up to the middle of the map, and each player shoots each other with the grenade launcher. With all bonuses and the kill booster active, you should be getting around 1200xp per kill, and should get around 70-75 kills per game. Repeat for 20 minutes, then switch the nuke on for an additional 2 minutes. I was netting 105K XP per 22 minutes, as opposed to 30K per 15-18. Not to mention it's a lot less boring as welll.
Plats--88:
Latest Plat--Strider

Last edited by Snake_XRS; 03-13-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #834
Special Member

Dec 2007
California

I just beat this game other night. Very amazing and fun to play. Only done a few rounds of mp. Seems fun too. I can't wait till the next game.
36" and 30" SONY WEGA 720/1080i CRTs- PS3-160G- GT5 Face plate, Ceramic White DS3. Most recent Platinums-BF3, Bioshock Infinite. PS3 Games. 28. 32 Plhttp://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/NightShark08.pngus. 3 Psn games. 35 Blus. Elite 120g 360, 7 games.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #835
Power Member

May 2010
Denmark

I just got this and so far I like it. As several has mentions, the bow is killer.

I do feel that the violence is a bit over the top though. Therefore I fell the game would be better if there was less killing and more exploring, puzzle solving and survival elements. Maybe this will happen in the sequel ?
Hands off the compression button, Music industry!
Hands off the DNR button, Blu-Ray producers!
Films are supposed to have grain!

https://twitter.com/Kristofferabild
Old 05-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #836
Power Member

May 2010
Denmark
Default Tomb Raider - Out Now !

I just finished it. It got fairly intense at the end! I still feel that there was a bit too much killing and it was often very brutal. It just seemed like a bit of a jump from frightened girl to stone cold Rambo. Still i really enjoyed the game, and from time to time I marvelled at how beautiful it looked.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #837
Power Member

May 2010
Denmark
Default Tomb Raider - Out Now !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
I thought this was a beautifully-made game, but it just wasn't very fun for me. Seemed very mechanical. Didn't help that I didn't care about the storyline or any of the other characters. Whenever a secondary character died, I was all, "Who are you again?"

The graphic violence, the less than stellar story and especially the paper thin characters are the worst parts of this game.

The gameplay is still very fun and Lara is cool as Rambo. I loved using the bow! I wished they would have made it more powerful, so that you didn't have to use the machine gun/shotgun at all. I hope the sequel is only dual pistols and bow.

Also the game could make a great film. A mix of Rambo and Die Hard with a female lead.

Last edited by kristoffer; 05-08-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #838

Jun 2009
Send a message via ICQ to Harlock415 Send a message via AIM to Harlock415 Send a message via Yahoo to Harlock415

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer View Post
The graphic violence, the less than stellar story and especially the paper thin characters are the worst parts of this game.

The gameplay is still very fun and Lara is cool as Rambo. I loved using the bow! I wished they would have made it more powerful, so that you didn't have to use the machine gun/shotgun at all. I hope the sequel is only dual pistols and bow.

Also the game could make a great film. A mix of Rambo and Die Hard with a female lead.
I just finished too, and I agree about the thin characters, mainly the bad guys. But it was a fun as heck game to play. But I found the bow quite useful after all the upgrades. I hated that she couldn't engage in plain simple melee combat until later in the game though.

I thought that the ending with
[Show spoiler]Lara getting the twin guns finally was awesome, but hindered in that it was a QT event. In fact the main bad guy Matthias was not that hard to defeat. Would have been really satisfying to pummel him with explicit like so many others. That monstrous Samurai thing just before him was more of a challenge.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:29 PM   #839
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
PA

a bit pissed, I just played it for the second time and STILL didn't get chatterbox.

I know i did it right. both dialogues with science guy, then both with roth, and three at the beach with everyone. i stood there till the square button wouldn't come up anymore before moving on.

I want to just delete it off my hard drive now. It was a cute game 1 time through but i do NOT want to play the whole damn thing again.

this happen to anyone else?

not to mention wasting time with that idiot MP. could have had an easy plat but no.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3