Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 09-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #1321

Nov 2008

Fillion will not happen. For those saying he does not look that old now, I agree. However, he will be mid 40's by the time the movie would film. I bet 28-35 will be the age they shoot for, and unfortunately Fillion and Josh Holloway ( My personal pic ) are now too old for a franchise about a young man. If he were a middle aged man like Indiana Jones then yes they could pull it off. Hey how about Josh Holloway for Sully?!! That could work.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:16 AM   #1322
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
tilallr1, stop trying to make Fillion happen! It's not going to happen!
If he wants Nathan Fillion to headline a $100 million movie, then he should gladly put up all $100 million if it's such a no-brainer business proposition.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:37 AM   #1323
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
If he wants Nathan Fillion to headline a $100 million movie, then he should gladly put up all $100 million if it's such a no-brainer business proposition.
If I had it ... I would do it. But I highly doubt it would cost $100 million to make. At most $50 million dependant of course who they cast as Drake. In fact it could probably have an extremely modest budget like Dredd and still do extremely well.
TIL ALL ARE ONE THEATER
Projector: PIONEER FPJ1 (JVC RS2 Clone) 1080P LCOS
Screen: 106" EluneVision 16:9 (White) - 1.2 Gain
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705
Blu-ray: Sony Playstation 3 - 60GB
Power Protection: APC Smart-UPS 1500
Universal Remote: URC RFS200 PowerPak Bundle w/ MasterControl RF20 and PowerBlaster
SVS 7.2 SURROUND SOUND: Fronts & Surrounds: SVS SBS-01 / Center: SVS SCS-01 / Subs: SVS PB10-NSD

Last edited by tilallr1; 09-06-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:40 AM   #1324
Special Member

Apr 2014
Delain

Love the games, zero interest in a movie.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #1325
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010
Weston-super-Mare, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
I mean he's good on the TV show Castle. But some people are just meant to be TV actors and others Movie Stars. Not saying he couldn't. But if he were. It would have happen already.
Not seen Serenity I take it?
Old 09-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #1326
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertron View Post
Not seen Serenity I take it?
Which is based off of a tv show, and did not perform too well at the box office.
My Top 20 Films
1. Spirited Away 2. Princess Mononoke 3. Red Cliff 4. Battle Royale 5. The Dark Knight 6. Beauty and the Beast (1991) 7. Jurassic Park 8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) 9. Memories of Murder 10. Seven Samurai 11. Finding Nemo 12. Vertigo 13. Inception 14. Casablanca 15. My Neighbor Totoro 16. The Lion King 17. A Bittersweet Life 18. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 19. Life Is Beautiful 20. Castle In the Sky
Old 09-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #1327
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Which is based off of a tv show, and did not perform too well at the box office.
It's underperformance at the box office had nothing to do with Fillion's performance.

It underperformed because it was a film based on a niche tv show that only got half a season on tv.
Thanks given by:
tigertron (09-06-2014)
Old 09-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #1328
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
It's underperformance at the box office had nothing to do with Fillion's performance.

It underperformed because it was a film based on a niche tv show that only got half a season on tv.
And his performance has nothing to do with what we are talking about. It has to do with star power, and Fillion has none. Based on a tv show doesn't matter if you have stars that will get non-fans to come out and see it. Heck, the only reason me and my dad went and saw it was because it was sci fi, and we saw anything sci fi back then. I didn't even know what Firefly was then, nor did I until a couple years later.

If they want Uncharted to do well outside of just the fans, using the guy known for Firefly and Castle ain't going to get it done.
My Top 20 Films
1. Spirited Away 2. Princess Mononoke 3. Red Cliff 4. Battle Royale 5. The Dark Knight 6. Beauty and the Beast (1991) 7. Jurassic Park 8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) 9. Memories of Murder 10. Seven Samurai 11. Finding Nemo 12. Vertigo 13. Inception 14. Casablanca 15. My Neighbor Totoro 16. The Lion King 17. A Bittersweet Life 18. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 19. Life Is Beautiful 20. Castle In the Sky
Old 09-06-2014, 10:30 AM   #1329
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Cali
Send a message via AIM to JonD7 Send a message via MSN to JonD7 Send a message via Yahoo to JonD7

Quote:
And his performance has nothing to do with what we are talking about. It has to do with star power, and Fillion has none. Based on a tv show doesn't matter if you have stars that will get non-fans to come out and see it. Heck, the only reason me and my dad went and saw it was because it was sci fi, and we saw anything sci fi back then. I didn't even know what Firefly was then, nor did I until a couple years later.

If they want Uncharted to do well outside of just the fans, using the guy known for Firefly and Castle ain't going to get it done.
Christian Bale didn't have star power before Batman Begins, Chris Pratt didn't have star power before Guardians... star power has nothing to do with it, remember Johnny Depp in Lone Ranger? :P
setup:
40" Sony XBR4
PS3 320GB(originally 60GB) with 500GB external
PSN: JD777
been Blu since January 12th of '07
Old 09-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #1330
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010
Weston-super-Mare, UK

Quote:

He might not have "star power", but he's an excellent actor and plenty of big budget films have had relatively unknown actors i.e. Chris Pratt in Guardians of the Galaxy or Chris Pine in Star Trek.

Fillion's popularity has increased since his Firefly days. Serenity DVD sales were high due to Serenity's cult film status and Castle is a big hit on TV so there's no reason not to cast him as the lead actor.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #1331
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

My dad watches Castle, but he wouldn't be able to tell me who Nathan Fillion is if I asked him.
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Nightcrawler. Mr. Turner. Interstellar. The Drop. The Imitation Game. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. Men, Women and Children. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. Godzilla. Gone Girl. The Rover. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #1332
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

I havent' been keeping up with this thread but from what IMDB is stating its Seth Gordon directing not Neil Burger
"GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT, TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!"
Old 09-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #1333
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
I havent' been keeping up with this thread but from what IMDB is stating its Seth Gordon directing not Neil Burger
Yeah Neil Burger left the film a while back.
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Nightcrawler. Mr. Turner. Interstellar. The Drop. The Imitation Game. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1. Horrible Bosses 2. Men, Women and Children. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Frank. Godzilla. Gone Girl. The Rover. The Raid 2. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #1334
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonD7 View Post
Christian Bale didn't have star power before Batman Begins, Chris Pratt didn't have star power before Guardians... star power has nothing to do with it, remember Johnny Depp in Lone Ranger? :P
You can't compare Batman. Of course you don't need star power there. Batman is the star power. As for Guardians, it's Marvel and they are basically on a ride now where anything they produce will be successful as long as the movie is well acclaimed.
I think people are now sick of Depp's kooky schtick. Also westerns aren't too big right now with main stream audiences. There was also a major lack of star power in the titular role. And it got terrible reviews, so word of mouth sure didn't help it.

People outside of gamers don't know what Uncharted is, and it has no brand like Marvel to showcase it. Yeah, star power doesn't always work, but they are already taking a risk on this movie. They aren't going to challenge that even more with a no name draw like Fillion, just because a group of fans want him.
My Top 20 Films
Old 09-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #1335

Mar 2013

For some reason, I have a really strong desire to see Troy Baker in the role of Nathan Drake. I know he doesn't really do live-action acting, but he has that charm and charisma and he could probably sell the 28-35 age range of Nathan Drake.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:16 AM   #1336
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Cali
Send a message via AIM to JonD7 Send a message via MSN to JonD7 Send a message via Yahoo to JonD7

Quote:
You can't compare Batman. Of course you don't need star power there. Batman is the star power. As for Guardians, it's Marvel and they are basically on a ride now where anything they produce will be successful as long as the movie is well acclaimed.
I think people are now sick of Depp's kooky schtick. Also westerns aren't too big right now with main stream audiences. There was also a major lack of star power in the titular role. And it got terrible reviews, so word of mouth sure didn't help it.

People outside of gamers don't know what Uncharted is, and it has no brand like Marvel to showcase it. Yeah, star power doesn't always work, but they are already taking a risk on this movie. They aren't going to challenge that even more with a no name draw like Fillion, just because a group of fans want him.

I knew you'd make these points and rightfully so but Uncharted and Naughty Dog is one of the biggest franchises in the gaming community... I think it could get by on a low budget and without a big star in the lead.

I hope Warcraft is good and popular just so we get to see better made video game adaptations.
setup:
40" Sony XBR4
PS3 320GB(originally 60GB) with 500GB external
PSN: JD777
been Blu since January 12th of '07
Old 09-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #1337
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonD7 View Post
I knew you'd make these points and rightfully so but Uncharted and Naughty Dog is one of the biggest franchises in the gaming community... I think it could get by on a low budget and without a big star in the lead.

I hope Warcraft is good and popular just so we get to see better made video game adaptations.
The movie could be done on a semi low budget, but Sony is treating this as a Summer blockbuster type film. The budget is going to be 100+ million and they are going to try to get some star power for this film.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies