Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Universe: The Complete Series Megaset (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Last Ship: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.27
War & Peace (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI (Blu-ray)
$29.99
In the Heart of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Kung Fu Panda 3 (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Witch (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Revenant (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Spectre (Blu-ray)
$12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #4721
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris60119 View Post
Just spent 200 dollars to get giant jaws poster framed for my wall. Will be ready in 2 weeks!
I hope it's matted and framed for that price
Thanks given by:
HeavyHitter (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 12:50 AM   #4722

Oct 2012

What's taking Universal so long to release the Jaws sequels on blu ray? Also need the Beethoven films on blu ray too!
Old 02-21-2016, 06:49 PM   #4723
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013

Does anyone know if there's any place on the Internet where I can find deleted footage associate with this picture?

I've heard that it was included on one of the documentaries about the film, so I thought that it might have found it's way to youtube or some other site.

...but I had no luck finding it on youtube.
Like new Criterion Yi Yi - $14...($2.50 for shipping).
Looking to trade for one of the following:
-The BRD Trilogy
-Le Doulos
-The Human Condition
-Berlin Alexanderplatz
...have other Criterions available for trade listed on Criterion trade thread.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....60614&page=120
Old 02-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #4724
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
Does anyone know if there's any place on the Internet where I can find deleted footage associate with this picture?

[Show spoiler]

I've heard that it was included on one of the documentaries about the film, so I thought that it might have found it's way to youtube or some other site.

You see a very brief snippet here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Fl...youtu.be&t=174

And that's about all you'll find online, I think. I don't know how much more they show in the Shark Is Still Working documentary itself because I still haven't got around to watching it.
Thanks given by:
Ray Jackson (02-21-2016)
Old 02-21-2016, 07:02 PM   #4725
Power Member

Feb 2008

Quote:

I think only brief footage of them trying to film this exists but the dummy wasn't realistic so that's why it was abandoned. The sequences were never actually filmed.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #4726
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
England

Wasn't some of the footage included on the DVD that came with the limited Ed JAWS: Memories from Martha’s Vineyard’ book?

Filmed by Edith Blake?
Old 02-21-2016, 07:22 PM   #4727

Oct 2013
The Forbidden Valley of NE Ohio

I haven't seen this pic before. Is it an extended scene of Alex Kintner's death or a different scene altogether?
Old 02-21-2016, 07:25 PM   #4728
Power Member

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickieduvet View Post
Wasn't some of the footage included on the DVD that came with the limited Ed JAWS: Memories from Martha’s Vineyard’ book?

Filmed by Edith Blake?
I wasn't fortunate to get that edition, but like I say above, I'm fairly sure it's very raw footage - kind of "making of" footage.

I'm more curious to see the footage that was apparently in the very original version of Jaws and was even seen on tv in its first UK broadcast.....
......Seeing more of Chrissie's remains in Hoopers autopsy.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:26 PM   #4729
Power Member

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphoR View Post
I haven't seen this pic before. Is it an extended scene of Alex Kintner's death or a different scene altogether?
It's the original idea for his death, having the shark come up and grab the boy in its mouth. It was abandoned due to the dummy on the raft looking unrealistic.
Thanks given by:
RalphoR (02-21-2016)
Old 02-21-2016, 07:56 PM   #4730

Jan 2015

The Dummy was actually a female. I've seen the footage in a documentary where someone incorporated behind the scenes stuff with the film scenes in chronological order. It was likely the footage from Lee Fiero's home movies that came with the bonus DVD included in the Martha's Vineyard book.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:02 PM   #4731

Dec 2015
London
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
The Dummy was actually a female. I've seen the footage in a documentary where someone incorporated behind the scenes stuff with the film scenes in chronological order. It was likely the footage from Lee Fiero's home movies that came with the bonus DVD included in the Martha's Vineyard book.
Perhaps it's because it's a still and we're not seeing it in motion, but that's a disturbing picture. Might even top that bone-crunching death in Jaws 2. If there's filmed footage of it, I'd love to check it out and see what it looks like.
My Collection - Books - Comics - Superman

Top Favourite Movies: 2010: The Year We Make Contact, Alien, Creepshow, Halloween, In The Mouth of Madness, Jaws, Man of Steel, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Narrow Margin, 'Salem's Lot (1979), Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan, Superman: The Movie, The Exorcist, The Exorcist III: Legion, The Prophecy
Old 02-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #4732
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybev View Post
I'm more curious to see the footage that was apparently in the very original version of Jaws and was even seen on tv in its first UK broadcast.....
Old wives tale. Not true.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:07 PM   #4733

Oct 2013
The Forbidden Valley of NE Ohio

Quote:
I wasn't fortunate to get that edition, but like I say above, I'm fairly sure it's very raw footage - kind of "making of" footage.

I also remember seeing more of the autopsy scene at the theater but have never seen it since. I thought there was more to the Brody, Hooper, and Quint scene in Quint's shack as well I haven't seen since '75. But like someone said it could be my imagination!
Old 02-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #4734

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude1984 View Post
Perhaps it's because it's a still and we're not seeing it in motion, but that's a disturbing picture. Might even top that bone-crunching death in Jaws 2. If there's filmed footage of it, I'd love to check it out and see what it looks like.

You're right. That picture is absolutely terrifying. I think the black and white also makes it more haunting. I've had that pic in my files for years, and it is just fuel for the imagination.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:14 PM   #4735
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude1984 View Post
Which one is that?
-The BRD Trilogy
-Le Doulos
-The Human Condition
-Berlin Alexanderplatz
Old 02-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #4736

Nov 2009
Portland, OR

Quote:

From Empire 20 magazine:
Bryan Singer interviews Spielberg about this:

" When Richard Dreyfuss is examining the body parts, there’s a strange audio cut in the scene. It happens suddenly: there’s a woman’s severed hand, and Dreyfuss says, ‘This is what happens,’ and it feels like there was a strange cut made there. I’m wondering what the origin of that cut was — was it put in at the last minute? Was it a mis-cut? Was it intentional? If you can even remember …”

Spielberg’s response:

“I remember this very well. I had cut out a line of dialogue and inside the line of dialogue I manufactured artificially a new line: ‘This is what happens.’ Originally, he said more than that. I can’t remember what he said exactly. (Editor) Verna Fields and I pieced together, ‘This is what happens,’ from other words he was saying because the scene was too long. I was able to cut a huge — maybe 30-second — part of the scene out, simply by cutting to the insert of the arm coming up and putting the words, ‘This is what happens,’ over it. I give Bryan Singer tremendous credit for catching it."

Read more at http://jawsmovie.com/forums/topic/fi...5gaQD44OC8m.99
Old 02-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #4737

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickieduvet View Post

Filmed by Edith Blake?
I have that edition. Yes, there is footage of them shooting that scene on the DVD. Shot by Carol Fligor, actually. There are stills of it in the book, too. The scene was shot was from several different angles, according to second-unit director Joe Alves.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #4738

Jan 2015

Quote:

Found it.

It's found on a documentary called "Inside Jaws - A Filmumentary" At about 25 minutes in. Very grainy footage, and not as good as that photo, but you can see what they were trying to achieve.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:21 PM   #4739
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
Found it.

It's found on a documentary called "Inside Jaws - A Filmumentary" At about 25 minutes in. Very grainy footage, and not as good as that photo, but you can see what they were trying to achieve.
That's not on youtube.

...where can it be found?
-The BRD Trilogy
-Le Doulos
-The Human Condition
-Berlin Alexanderplatz
Old 02-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #4740
Power Member

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Old wives tale. Not true.
Yeah, could be.
I'm only going on things I've read over the years. Some people swearing blind they saw it in theatres back in '75.
Is there proof either way?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America