Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The X-Files: Event Series (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Independence Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Witch (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Deadpool (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$85.71
The Huntsman: Winter's War (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Deadpool 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.96
The New World (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Ox-Bow Incident (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Deadline - U.S.A. (Blu-ray)
$16.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


View Poll Results: What is your favourite Friday the 13th film(s)?
Friday the 13th (1980) 334 24.59%
Friday the 13th Part II 297 21.87%
Friday the 13th Part 3 3D 202 14.87%
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter 423 31.15%
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning 91 6.70%
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason lives 335 24.67%
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 133 9.79%
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan 81 5.96%
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday 56 4.12%
Jason X 110 8.10%
Freddy Vs. Jason 134 9.87%
Friday the 13th (2009) 80 5.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1358. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2016, 01:58 PM   #12621
Win Slow Win Slow is offline
Active Member
 
Win Slow's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
NJ
313
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieCassin View Post
Count me in on being a fan of the remake...I guess this isn't saying much, but out of all the Horror remakes of the era, it was the best and most enjoyable to me. Surely beat Faux-Freddy straight out of the water, LOL.
Agreed here. It was definitely superior to ANoES remake, and leaps and bounds better than the Halloween remake. I did not see the Texas Chainsaw Massacre so i can't comment there. Yes, there were some holes in the F13 remake (as others mentioned Jason keeping a hostage and harvesting treez was a bit odd, nevertheless did not ruin the story) but overall it remained faithful to the tradition of the F13 series; the kills were exciting & innovative, some nice stalking scenes and a new Jason who was maybe the most angry and ruthless Jason since Part IV. Those aspects alone made it much better than the horrific Halloween remake and ANoES remake which while completely lacking in a good cast and Freddy, at least had a mildly interesting story.
You got a good reputation. But if I was you, I'd have located in the next county.

Blu Ray Wish List : Judgement Night, Things To Do In Denver When Your Dead, Phantasm 1, 3 & 4, The Incredible Hulk (TV Series), House (1986), Jaws 2 & 3, School Ties, V (TV Series, 1980's) & any Hip Hop on Blu Ray.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:41 AM   #12622
Rampage09 Rampage09 is offline
Member
 
Jan 2016
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeMo_ET View Post
Anyone know how I can redeem the digital code in Canada?
I thought the digital codes on these expired back in September, no?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:18 AM   #12623
Donl1282 Donl1282 is online now
Senior Member
 
Oct 2012
Default

Whatever the next release is, they should use the original theatrical poster or VHS artwork instead of the new ones. Jason Takes Manhattan VHS art is so much better than the DVD ones.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:16 AM   #12624
darkness2918 darkness2918 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
darkness2918's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
4
483
410
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage09 View Post
I thought the digital codes on these expired back in September, no?
They still work, I know I used one that came with a set I got in late November on my dad's Vudu & it worked fine.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Blu-Ray HD (02-21-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #12625
reneeatworld reneeatworld is offline
Active Member
 
reneeatworld's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Texas
323
88
181
41
44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness2918 View Post
They still work, I know I used one that came with a set I got in late November on my dad's Vudu & it worked fine.
I can also confirm that the code still works. I redeemed one after the expiration date and the movies still redeemed to my Ultraviolet account.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Blu-Ray HD (02-21-2016)
Old 02-13-2016, 04:50 PM   #12626
Popcorn_Bliss Popcorn_Bliss is offline
Senior Member
 
Popcorn_Bliss's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
150
Default

I guess I'm somewhat of a purist in that my collection/interest in the series only goes up to Part VIII:Jason Takes Manhattan.

I love all of these first eight films. Here is where they fall within my Top 100 films...

Friday The 13th Part 2 (#18)
Friday The 13th Part 3 (#22)
Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning (#23)
Crystal Lake Memories (Documentary) (#24)
Friday The 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter (#26)
Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (#31)
Friday The 13th (#42)
Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood (#53)
Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (#69)

I suppose my #1 is no big news (many enjoy that one). I'd say my disagreement with most fans is Part V. I've loved it from day one, yet I know some who seem to despise it. I also seem to like the first one a little less than most. It's great, but I think Part 2 (and the others listed) out-do it.
Digibooks are the "filet mignon" of the packaging world. Standard cases follow the crowd. Steelbooks are flashy and cold. Digibooks, on the other hand, are the perfect package. They show class, craft and provide artistic insight to those select films we treasure.

ACTRESSES REVEALED! Feel free to browse the on-going archive. Just click on "Lists" under my Blu-Ray Collection.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Xen11 (02-14-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 06:23 AM   #12627
Xen11 Xen11 is offline
Expert Member
 
Xen11's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
-
-
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn_Bliss View Post
I guess I'm somewhat of a purist in that my collection/interest in the series only goes up to Part VIII:Jason Takes Manhattan.

I love all of these first eight films. Here is where they fall within my Top 100 films...

Friday The 13th Part 2 (#18)
Friday The 13th Part 3 (#22)
Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning (#23)
Crystal Lake Memories (Documentary) (#24)
Friday The 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter (#26)
Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (#31)
Friday The 13th (#42)
Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood (#53)
Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (#69)

I suppose my #1 is no big news (many enjoy that one). I'd say my disagreement with most fans is Part V. I've loved it from day one, yet I know some who seem to despise it. I also seem to like the first one a little less than most. It's great, but I think Part 2 (and the others listed) out-do it.

HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE!

I don't think this has ever happened to me before in reference to ranking long lists of films, but yours pretty much matches mine.

For me though, Freddy Vs. Jason goes high up there (not sure where).

But if we are only talking about parts 1-8, that's pretty much exactly my list (excluding Crystal Lake Memories, which I don't count as that's a documentary). I might switch 7 and 8. What matters to me is that parts 2-6 are above 1, 7, and 8. I find 1 bland, but not that bad. Parts 2-6 are great. I have to put 2 as best with 3 very close behind. V is so much damn fun with the added mystery and investment in the surviving protagonist that could be the killer himself. IV is very great and VI as well. VII feels tired and pointless, whereas VIII just nails that notion further in.

I haven't properly watched these films through since the late '90s, so my ranking could change a bit, but I'm pretty sure it would stay close to the same if viewing them again.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Popcorn_Bliss (02-14-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 03:02 PM   #12628
Popcorn_Bliss Popcorn_Bliss is offline
Senior Member
 
Popcorn_Bliss's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen11 View Post
HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE!

I don't think this has ever happened to me before in reference to ranking long lists of films, but yours pretty much matches mine.

For me though, Freddy Vs. Jason goes high up there (not sure where).

But if we are only talking about parts 1-8, that's pretty much exactly my list (excluding Crystal Lake Memories, which I don't count as that's a documentary). I might switch 7 and 8. What matters to me is that parts 2-6 are above 1, 7, and 8. I find 1 bland, but not that bad. Parts 2-6 are great. I have to put 2 as best with 3 very close behind. V is so much damn fun with the added mystery and investment in the surviving protagonist that could be the killer himself. IV is very great and VI as well. VII feels tired and pointless, whereas VIII just nails that notion further in.

I haven't properly watched these films through since the late '90s, so my ranking could change a bit, but I'm pretty sure it would stay close to the same if viewing them again.
Wow. Usually my lists match up to no one's.

I hesitated about adding the "Crystal Lake Memories" but it's well done and fitting so I added it to the lineup.
Digibooks are the "filet mignon" of the packaging world. Standard cases follow the crowd. Steelbooks are flashy and cold. Digibooks, on the other hand, are the perfect package. They show class, craft and provide artistic insight to those select films we treasure.

ACTRESSES REVEALED! Feel free to browse the on-going archive. Just click on "Lists" under my Blu-Ray Collection.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:06 PM   #12629
Blu-Ray HD Blu-Ray HD is offline
Member
 
Blu-Ray HD's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Arizona
2390
1
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonJohn View Post
A few weeks ago I was in an FYE and they had about 10 copies of 5/6 (I bought one) and 1 copy of 7/8 but it was beat up so I passed on it. Since then I can only find 5/6 in stock anywhere online. I went to a couple of B&N's in NYC and they had 1/2 but I already have the individuals.
thank you so much for the f.y.e. tip i was able to buy a bunch of the double features blu rays
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #12630
Popcorn_Bliss Popcorn_Bliss is offline
Senior Member
 
Popcorn_Bliss's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
150
Default

Here's hoping the final four Fridays get their own stand-alone blu release soon. The case images are up but no release dates are posted. I assume they are in the works?

And here's hoping that Part V comes with the uncensored "X" cut! Okay so I'm dreaming now...
Digibooks are the "filet mignon" of the packaging world. Standard cases follow the crowd. Steelbooks are flashy and cold. Digibooks, on the other hand, are the perfect package. They show class, craft and provide artistic insight to those select films we treasure.

ACTRESSES REVEALED! Feel free to browse the on-going archive. Just click on "Lists" under my Blu-Ray Collection.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:10 PM   #12631
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray King
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
156
55
22
45
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn_Bliss View Post
Here's hoping the final four Fridays get their own stand-alone blu release soon. The case images are up but no release dates are posted. I assume they are in the works?
I'd settle for the Complete Collection for the right price, really don't want to pay more than $70 for the set though.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:14 PM   #12632
Max Solo Max Solo is offline
Member
 
Max Solo's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
245
Default

I'd pay $34.99 retail for a real 3D copy of Part 3 in 3D

Last edited by Max Solo; 02-14-2016 at 08:56 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Win Slow (02-15-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 06:22 PM   #12633
Popcorn_Bliss Popcorn_Bliss is offline
Senior Member
 
Popcorn_Bliss's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
I'd settle for the Complete Collection for the right price, really don't want to pay more than $70 for the set though.
Yeah, I'd be willing to splurge on a nice set, especially IF they include all the unrated cuts and/or some other assorted extras. From what I hear, it's not very likely we'll see them though. Heck, I'd pay over $100 if they release those unrated cuts!
Digibooks are the "filet mignon" of the packaging world. Standard cases follow the crowd. Steelbooks are flashy and cold. Digibooks, on the other hand, are the perfect package. They show class, craft and provide artistic insight to those select films we treasure.

ACTRESSES REVEALED! Feel free to browse the on-going archive. Just click on "Lists" under my Blu-Ray Collection.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:31 PM   #12634
Donl1282 Donl1282 is online now
Senior Member
 
Oct 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn_Bliss View Post
Here's hoping the final four Fridays get their own stand-alone blu release soon. The case images are up but no release dates are posted. I assume they are in the works?

And here's hoping that Part V comes with the uncensored "X" cut! Okay so I'm dreaming now...
Wait what do you mean the case images are up (where)? Do you have a link?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:38 PM   #12635
Popcorn_Bliss Popcorn_Bliss is offline
Senior Member
 
Popcorn_Bliss's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donl1282 View Post
Wait what do you mean the case images are up (where)? Do you have a link?
These are the ones I found on here...

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Friday...Blu-ray/25033/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Friday...Blu-ray/42169/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Friday...Blu-ray/42168/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Friday...Blu-ray/42167/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Friday...Blu-ray/42115/
Digibooks are the "filet mignon" of the packaging world. Standard cases follow the crowd. Steelbooks are flashy and cold. Digibooks, on the other hand, are the perfect package. They show class, craft and provide artistic insight to those select films we treasure.

ACTRESSES REVEALED! Feel free to browse the on-going archive. Just click on "Lists" under my Blu-Ray Collection.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
glennstl (02-14-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 08:43 PM   #12636
bigdaddyhorse bigdaddyhorse is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bigdaddyhorse's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
SE MI.
696
1140
4
68
Default

Those are just placeholders. Who knows how long they have been up there, I would guess before the BD box for sure. The case is just dvd covers resized and photoshopped into a BD case. I mean these have probably been up for years too:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/True-Lies-Blu-ray/20369/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Abyss-Blu-ray/16445/

With the Friday flicks already having the 2-fers, solos are doubtful at best I would guess. I'll put money on True Lies coming before a SE of Jason X, or a solo Friday 5, and I am convinced I will never see True Lies on BD in my life!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:47 PM   #12637
glennstl glennstl is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2009
St. Louis, MO.
Default

Popcorn_Bliss, thanks for posting those links! Those Blu cases look amazing with what I assume are the original poster art! Or at least I seem to remember the VHS rentals with poster art very close to those Blu cases. Always loved those original images as a kid. Hope they do release them separately. I know it's wishing....but if they released all the films with the original poster artwork, I would buy them without question again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:49 PM   #12638
Popcorn_Bliss Popcorn_Bliss is offline
Senior Member
 
Popcorn_Bliss's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Those are just placeholders. Who knows how long they have been up there, I would guess before the BD box for sure. The case is just dvd covers resized and photoshopped into a BD case. I mean these have probably been up for years too:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/True-Lies-Blu-ray/20369/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Abyss-Blu-ray/16445/

With the Friday flicks already having the 2-fers, solos are doubtful at best I would guess. I'll put money on True Lies coming before a SE of Jason X, or a solo Friday 5, and I am convinced I will never see True Lies on BD in my life!
I see. I didn't know they were just photo-shopped images. I thought maybe they were the proposed blu cases set to debut sometime soon.

I guess the two-packs will have to do until further news. Or until they release a box set with all the unreleased cuts. There I go dreaming again...
Digibooks are the "filet mignon" of the packaging world. Standard cases follow the crowd. Steelbooks are flashy and cold. Digibooks, on the other hand, are the perfect package. They show class, craft and provide artistic insight to those select films we treasure.

ACTRESSES REVEALED! Feel free to browse the on-going archive. Just click on "Lists" under my Blu-Ray Collection.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:54 PM   #12639
Popcorn_Bliss Popcorn_Bliss is offline
Senior Member
 
Popcorn_Bliss's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennstl View Post
Popcorn_Bliss, thanks for posting those links! Those Blu cases look amazing with what I assume are the original poster art! Or at least I seem to remember the VHS rentals with poster art very close to those Blu cases. Always loved those original images as a kid. Hope they do release them separately. I know it's wishing....but if they released all the films with the original poster artwork, I would buy them without question again.
No problem. Yeah, I wish they would do stand-alones using the original poster art/VHS art. The blu that is out for Part 2 is pretty close (the silhouette with the ax) but it's a little embellished. I miss the old VHS/DVD art for the original too. The uncut blu cover is just ghastly. And not in a good way...LOL. Oh well, the film is great at least.

I also like the "Jason with knife in the shower" image used on the old Paramount DVD of Part 3. Wish they'd bring that back as well!
Digibooks are the "filet mignon" of the packaging world. Standard cases follow the crowd. Steelbooks are flashy and cold. Digibooks, on the other hand, are the perfect package. They show class, craft and provide artistic insight to those select films we treasure.

ACTRESSES REVEALED! Feel free to browse the on-going archive. Just click on "Lists" under my Blu-Ray Collection.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
glennstl (02-15-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 09:08 PM   #12640
Popcorn_Bliss Popcorn_Bliss is offline
Senior Member
 
Popcorn_Bliss's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
150
Default

Come to think of it, I'm half tempted to pull out the cover inserts on those old Paramount DVD's and fit them into my blu cases! I'd leave the backs of the blu inserts in tact but just replace the dull covers. Yet one more reason why I'm glad I still kept my old DVD's...

Of course, many are gifted at doing the custom covers from scratch but I'm afraid I'm all thumbs when it comes to that stuff...
Digibooks are the "filet mignon" of the packaging world. Standard cases follow the crowd. Steelbooks are flashy and cold. Digibooks, on the other hand, are the perfect package. They show class, craft and provide artistic insight to those select films we treasure.

ACTRESSES REVEALED! Feel free to browse the on-going archive. Just click on "Lists" under my Blu-Ray Collection.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
glennstl (02-15-2016)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55 PM.