Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$91.99
The James Bond Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.96
The Intern (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The X-Files: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Dope (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Outlaw: Gangster VIP Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The X-Files: The Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$197.85
Pieces (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Hotel Transylvania 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Arrow: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$16.96
Bride of Re-Animator (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-21-2015, 03:08 PM   #2181
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter02 View Post
That doesn't even have the real logo on it. Looks ugly to me.

If looked like this then I'd agree with you:

Well its the best one out there anyway!
What does that mean, Rickles?
Old 12-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #2182

Feb 2014

I often wondered why the steelbook art is different from the theatrical poster which has been used countless times (I think someone mentioned this earlier in the thread) but apparently this could be Renato Casaro's original art, which was changed later to remove the head from Conan's hand: maybe he was also told to make the face resemble Arnie's more?

"I had to paint a movie poster featuring Schwarzenegger, together with the (not nude) actress. In the very first version of my poster, Conan/Schwarzenegger kept in his right hand a bloody skull. This was removed, by order of De Laurentiis - perhaps, but I don't know this, by request of MPAA regarding violence..."
Thanks given by:
brando79az (12-28-2015)
Old 12-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #2183

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
So which Blu has the best sounding 5.1 track? French Steel or US? Also, do the French and US Blu's have different cuts of the film?

Shit's so confusing...
From what I understand, the US BD's 5.1 remix (which was also on some European DVDs) sounds better but is missing choral elements from the score in certain scenes. The French BD's 5.1 includes the correct music, but is a less full-sounding remix. The original mono is also there on the French disc in Dolby Digital.

The US Blu is the international theatrical version. The French Blu is the extended international version, which includes the extra Conan/Subotai scene before the Battle on the Mounds. The US theatrical cut has never been released on Blu-ray, but has shown up on cable and Netflix recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
Yeah, even though I KNOW I wouldn't notice it, it does bother the purist in me. Just not enough to pay $30 to import.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that the DVD I've watched over the years had the same missing cues on the 5.1 track and I never noticed.

^According to post #46...http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...ml#post2218208
I think the DVD you linked only had the mono track on there, which included the correct music.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:43 PM   #2184
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
Yep that's the one I got ages ago!

I know the French one might have an error corrected etc but I prefer the above artwork and I don't want Destroyer in my collection (its awful!).
LOL so you'd rather have the correct font on the cover rather than the correct version of the movie?? Okay.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:48 AM   #2185
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNex99 View Post
From what I understand, the US BD's 5.1 remix (which was also on some European DVDs) sounds better but is missing choral elements from the score in certain scenes. The French BD's 5.1 includes the correct music, but is a less full-sounding remix. The original mono is also there on the French disc in Dolby Digital.

The US Blu is the international theatrical version. The French Blu is the extended international version, which includes the extra Conan/Subotai scene before the Battle on the Mounds. The US theatrical cut has never been released on Blu-ray, but has shown up on cable and Netflix recently.
Cool, thanks! Yeah, that one scene missing from the US Blu is no sweat off my sack. I actually prefer the Theatrical cut and the US Blu is pretty close to it. Only thing keeping it from being the TC is the scene at the end with the princess, if i'm not mistaken...

Quote:
I think the DVD you linked only had the mono track on there, which included the correct music.
Is has the mono and the 5.1. The 5.1 is the only audio track I ever listened to while watching.

That score must be heard through more than one speaker, dammit! Even if it is slightly ****ed up.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #2186
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
LOL so you'd rather have the correct font on the cover rather than the correct version of the movie?? Okay.
LOL Im not as nerdy about it as you. Its blink and you'll miss it stuff for me.
What does that mean, Rickles?
Old 12-22-2015, 03:38 PM   #2187

Oct 2008

that's rich
For some reason, I hate cheese.
Please read the OP of the thread before posting.
Keep on Tolkien
Old 12-29-2015, 01:54 AM   #2188

Nov 2014
San Berdo

I have a question for anyone who lives here in the states and has purchased the steelbook edition from amazon france. I have been ordering for years now from amazon uk just ordered from amazon italy earlier this year and all my orders have gotten to me within ten days or less. Anyways i ordered the steelbook from france and was shipped on the 14th of this month and my estimated arrival date is january 8 im just curious to how long it has taken anyone who has ordered from there to get there items greatly appreciate any info please.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:05 AM   #2189

Nov 2010
Missouri, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by niner4lfe View Post
I have a question for anyone who lives here in the states and has purchased the steelbook edition from amazon france. I have been ordering for years now from amazon uk just ordered from amazon italy earlier this year and all my orders have gotten to me within ten days or less. Anyways i ordered the steelbook from france and was shipped on the 14th of this month and my estimated arrival date is january 8 im just curious to how long it has taken anyone who has ordered from there to get there items greatly appreciate any info please.
I ordered it from there a long time ago... but can no longer recall how long it took to actually arrive here. They used to always use Royal Mail shipping, the same as Amazon UK & DE often do. That can range widely if it was shipped via that method.

I've had some packages come within a few days...and a few take about two months to arrive. On average though, they usually take 1-3 weeks to arrive to the USA. If it was shipped on the 14th, it should probably arrive any day now, although the Christmas rush could delay it slightly.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:47 AM   #2190
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

I watched Destroyer the other night and a really solid catalog title from Universal...one of their better ones.
JVC DLA-RS4810 front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100, CinemaScope 9 foot wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300B plasma (ISF pro-cal'd)
Oppo BDP-980, BDP-983 & BDP-103D Blu-ray player
Denon 7.1 AVR-X3000 (REW & Audyssey pro-cal'd)
Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 55 (fronts)
Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 (surrounds x 4)
HSU VTF-15H sub
Old 12-29-2015, 03:18 AM   #2191

Nov 2014
San Berdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I ordered it from there a long time ago... but can no longer recall how long it took to actually arrive here. They used to always use Royal Mail shipping, the same as Amazon UK & DE often do. That can range widely if it was shipped via that method.

I've had some packages come within a few days...and a few take about two months to arrive. On average though, they usually take 1-3 weeks to arrive to the USA. If it was shipped on the 14th, it should probably arrive any day now, although the Christmas rush could delay it slightly.
Thank you so much for the info Katatonia
Old 12-30-2015, 12:09 AM   #2192

Nov 2014
San Berdo

Just received my copy of the steelbook.
Old Today, 05:20 PM   #2193
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Scotland

Does anyone know if the Conan The Barbarian disc in the French steelbook will play fully uncut without having to change the BD player language if I set my multi-region player to region A?
Your mother knits socks in hell!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America