Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$48.97
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$17.29
If I Stay (Blu-ray)
$19.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #14001
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->89 SteelBooks™--------->133 UV-------->281
39
1696
130
131
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbg08 View Post
If we get the theatrical versions in 48fps on 4K blu-ray, we should also get the extended editions in 48fps. All the extra scenes in the extended editions were shot on the same cameras as the theatrical material. No reason they shouldn't be able to release them in 48fps.

Are they planning on showing the extended editions of the first 2 films in theaters this holiday season prior to the launch of Battle of Five Armies? I beleive they did that with Return of the King. If so, hopefully we'll get a preview of HFR 3D for the first 2 extended editions.
They didn't do it with AUJ last year did they?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #14002
rbg08 rbg08 is offline
Member
 
rbg08's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
3
152
49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
They didn't do it with AUJ last year did they?
They didn't for AUJ. However, I remember just prior to LOTR:ROTK being released in theaters, some cities showed the extended editions of the first 2 LOTR films in theaters for a short time. Maybe they'll do the same for the last Hobbit movie.
Galadriel: "Mithrandir... Why the halfling?"
Gandalf: "...Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps because I am afraid, and he gives me courage."
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:21 AM   #14003
ckenisell ckenisell is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
ckenisell's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Houston, TX
295
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbg08 View Post
They didn't for AUJ. However, I remember just prior to LOTR:ROTK being released in theaters, some cities showed the extended editions of the first 2 LOTR films in theaters for a short time. Maybe they'll do the same for the last Hobbit movie.
Yeah, I went to that. It was actually FoTR EE two weekends prior to RotK, and then TTT EE one weekend prior to RotK.

I would do the same for The Hobbits if they did that.
Chet

BD 3D: This ain't yo momma's 3D!!! ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:53 AM   #14004
Cook Cook is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Nov 2009
143
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r9800pro View Post
For some odd reason my calculations were off by one year and don't know why

So yeah, around holiday season of 2015 or early 2016
Eh it happens. We all make a goof once in a while.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
r9800pro (09-26-2014)
Old 09-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #14005
Teos Teos is offline
Member
 
Teos's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
Default

Quick question about this set for anyone who can help me. I'm likely going to take the single black cases out of the outer cardboard case and display them separately. Are the black cases your standard blu-ray size? Same width, around the standard 11mm-12.5mm?

Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #14006
r9800pro r9800pro is online now
Member
 
Jul 2014
Egypt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teos View Post
Quick question about this set for anyone who can help me. I'm likely going to take the single black cases out of the outer cardboard case and display them separately. Are the black cases your standard blu-ray size? Same width, around the standard 11mm-12.5mm?

Thanks!
Yes they are standard size although they put 5 discs in each case.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:20 PM   #14007
Teos Teos is offline
Member
 
Teos's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r9800pro View Post
Yes they are standard size although they put 5 discs in each case.
Tremendous, thanks for responding.

One more question, if you don't mind. The black cases aren't eco cases, are they? Would you say they are sturdy?

Last edited by Teos; 09-30-2014 at 11:50 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:26 AM   #14008
r9800pro r9800pro is online now
Member
 
Jul 2014
Egypt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teos View Post
Tremendous, thanks for responding.

One more question, if you don't mind. The black cases aren't eco cases, are they? Would you say they are sturdy?
If you mean eco cases like the thin crap cases sold in the US then yes, they are NOT eco cases. In fact they are far from it and even way better than the full size UK/EU cases.

They are even better than the old DVD cases.

Check these pics:

[Show spoiler]











  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #14009
Teos Teos is offline
Member
 
Teos's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r9800pro View Post
If you mean eco cases like the thin crap cases sold in the US then yes, they are NOT eco cases. In fact they are far from it and even way better than the full size UK/EU cases.

They are even better than the old DVD cases.

Check these pics:

[Show spoiler]











Wow, THANK YOU! This has been extremely helpful!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #14010
TheBlayman TheBlayman is offline
Active Member
 
TheBlayman's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Maryland
905
1957
4
1
Send a message via AIM to TheBlayman
Default

You can get this set for 21.57 less S&H from Zavvi.
TheBlayman
Sony 60gb PS3 (upgraded to 1TB)
Sony PS4
Sony 65" 3D LED HDTV (XBR HX929)
Sony 3D Blu-ray (BDP-S790)
Sony 7.2 3D A/V Receiver (STR-DN1030)
Sony ES 9.2ch 4K A/V Receiver with Automation (STR-DA5800ES)
Nintendo Wii U Deluxe (3TB ext. HD)
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #14011
r9800pro r9800pro is online now
Member
 
Jul 2014
Egypt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlayman View Post
You can get this set for 21.57 less S&H from Zavvi.
Isn't it Region B locked in the UK?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:22 PM   #14012
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
316
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r9800pro View Post
Isn't it Region B locked in the UK?
Yep it does appear to be. I assumed it was region free, but it doesn't look like Warner released it over there

edit: did the rights shift or something? I see individual releases if the extended edition were put out by Warner recently, and those should be region free.

Last edited by MifuneFan; 10-12-2014 at 10:30 PM. Reason: correction
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #14013
r9800pro r9800pro is online now
Member
 
Jul 2014
Egypt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Yep it does appear to be. I assumed it was region free, but it doesn't look like Warner released it over there

edit: did the rights shift or something? I see individual releases if the extended edition were put out by Warner recently, and those should be region free.
I always wanted to get LOTR EE box set for the lowest price possible and the UK version always seemed tempting but the Region lock confusion with it made me get the US one. The US version is Region Free for the BDs and Region 1 NTSC locked for the extras DVDs.

I have a US Region A player although I live in a Region B country so I had to get the US version which also comes with black cases for the discs instead of the normal blue ones for the UK version which look bad with the gold/black artwork.

Luckily I go it for $37.99 from the one day Gold Box deal from Amazon.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:13 AM   #14014
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
945
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Yep it does appear to be. I assumed it was region free, but it doesn't look like Warner released it over there

edit: did the rights shift or something? I see individual releases if the extended edition were put out by Warner recently, and those should be region free.
Yeah, the deal between New Line and Entertainment in Video (spit!) for certain titles expired a few years ago so those movies have been quietly re-released under the Warners banner. No idea whether their EEs are region free though, my one's the old EiV set.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MifuneFan (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 01:18 AM   #14015
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
316
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Yeah, the deal between New Line and Entertainment in Video (spit!) for certain titles expired a few years ago so those movies have been quietly re-released under the Warners banner. No idea whether their EEs are region free though, my one's the old EiV set.
I see, thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:53 PM.