Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ghost in the Shell 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.75
 
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.99
 
National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
 
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.24
 
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.90
 
Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
 
Dream Big: Engineering Our World 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
 
Jack the Giant Slayer 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.50
 
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.00
18 hrs ago
Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.75
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2016, 01:29 AM   #6361
Damon1281 Damon1281 is online now
Expert Member
 
Damon1281's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
St. Peters, MO
313
694
85
Default Batman vs Superman

Just watched this today. Mixed bag 3d-wise but it had a pop-out or two and a few minutes of strong 3d. Unfortunately the movie itself is Yogi-bad. I'm glad I rented.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:20 AM   #6362
Dubstar Dubstar is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Dubstar's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock
1
1601
295
2
4
Default

Watched "Flight of the Butterflies" last night - just beautiful (story, music, imagery)
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ray O. Blu (07-25-2016)
Old 07-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #6363
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
1785
35
2
1
Default

Zootopia aka Zootropolis



Good volume to the animals, they are properly rounded where they should be - this is big budget animation and it looks it. The 3D isn't showy though - shots here and there feature nice depth and there's a little bit of pop but at the same time there are an awful lot of scenes with the foreground action unimaginatively staged against out-of-focus backgrounds. In the end, mild "Disney 3D" still easily beats 2D as far as I'm concerned, but for a lot of people it just isn't good enough.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Paul H (07-24-2016)
Old 07-24-2016, 02:29 PM   #6364
Chrysagon Chrysagon is offline
Senior Member
 
Chrysagon's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Tucson, AZ
511
37
45
Default

Watched Man of Steel last night. I'm among the minority who really enjoy this movie (much more so than the ridiculous BvS), so I decided to 'upgrade' to 3D. I went into this knowing that most reviews give it an unremarkable mild to medium 3D rating, and they are right-on -- a few strong moments with mostly mild 3D. Some moments are virtually flat. No pop-outs. Not a glowing review on my part, but it was no less bright than the 2D, and I found the 3D, if not critically viewed, more enjoyable than 2D. Overall: Movie 4.0, Video 5.0, 3D 2.5, Audio 5.0.
"The next time you got nothin' to do, and lots of time to do it, come up and see me." Mae West
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico
Rango: "Is this heaven?" Spirit of the West: "If it were, we'd be eatin' pop tarts with Kim Novak."
”Conscience. That stuff... that stuff will drive you nuts.” Terry, On the Waterfront
"Anybody not wearing two million sunscreen is gonna have a really bad day." Sarah Connor
"Hey kid, it ain't that kind of movie." Harrison Ford
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (07-24-2016), Paul H (07-24-2016), the13thman (07-25-2016)
Old 07-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #6365
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
1785
35
2
1
Default

Finally got around to watching IMAX Under The Sea 3D



As outstanding as the 3D is, these underwater documentaries tend to have such a relaxing effect on me that my eyes glaze over and my mind wanders, I have to rewind bits I miss.

Anyway, after a mildly annoying start (the opening credits weren't centered, so the image looked cropped at the bottom) the lovely underwater 3D IMAX is famous for kicked in, and I was away with the fishes.

Good depth, lovely separation and lots of pop-out - stand-out moment was the potato cod, floating right there inches from my face. Easily one of the best pop-outs ever.



At 41 minutes this is a little short but there's about 20 minutes of special features at least, and the 3D is excellent.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BleedOrange11 (07-25-2016), EVERRET (07-26-2016), kurosawa (07-26-2016), Taygan315 (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 07:39 AM   #6366
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
The Citadel
1334
3
Default

Thanks for your thoughts dude. To be fair I think all of these IMAX doco's are about 40 mins in length. Given the subject matter of a lot of them, I find that to be an agreeable running time.
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
the13thman (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #6367
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
1785
35
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Thanks for your thoughts dude. To be fair I think all of these IMAX doco's are about 40 mins in length. Given the subject matter of a lot of them, I find that to be an agreeable running time.
The runtimes of the IMAX documentaries aren't a problem for me, except where the discs are expensive. It's not that I necessarily want more content, I just don't want to pay the same as for a full movie.

Having said that, I would have liked Ghosts Of The Abyss (not strictly an IMAX film, I know) to be just as long in 3D as it is in 2D, just as I would like all extended cuts to be in 3D...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #6368
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
The Citadel
1334
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
The runtimes of the IMAX documentaries aren't a problem for me, except where the discs are expensive. It's not that I necessarily want more content, I just don't want to pay the same as for a full movie.

Having said that, I would have liked Ghosts Of The Abyss (not strictly an IMAX film, I know) to be just as long in 3D as it is in 2D, just as I would like all extended cuts to be in 3D...
Oh I absolutely agree dude, the price needs to reflect the content and it's not right to have a 40min doco be the same price as a feature length movie.

Still need to see Ghosts of the Abyss!
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #6369
MercurySeven MercurySeven is offline
Active Member
 
MercurySeven's Avatar
 
Sep 2015
England
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
The runtimes of the IMAX documentaries aren't a problem for me, except where the discs are expensive. It's not that I necessarily want more content, I just don't want to pay the same as for a full movie.

Having said that, I would have liked Ghosts Of The Abyss (not strictly an IMAX film, I know) to be just as long in 3D as it is in 2D, just as I would like all extended cuts to be in 3D...
This! A hundred times this. Ghost of the Abyss was a nice length in IMAX theatres (I saw it 3 times), but the 3D was the main selling point. Without it I wouldn't have bothered. And the ticket price should be halved for those shorter docs, even with 3D. To release a 90 minute blu ray version flat alongside the original 3D doc felt like an insult to me. It undermined the whole point of the endeavour, which was to give viewers that immersive 3D dive experience down to the wreck.

Same with Avatar. Why wasn't the Extended Cut released in 3D? And World War Z? The list goes on and on...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
the13thman (07-27-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #6370
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
The Citadel
1334
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySeven View Post
This! A hundred times this. Ghost of the Abyss was a nice length in IMAX theatres (I saw it 3 times), but the 3D was the main selling point. Without it I wouldn't have bothered. And the ticket price should be halved for those shorter docs, even with 3D. To release a 90 minute blu ray version flat alongside the original 3D doc felt like an insult to me. It undermined the whole point of the endeavour, which was to give viewers that immersive 3D dive experience down to the wreck.

Same with Avatar. Why wasn't the Extended Cut released in 3D? And World War Z? The list goes on and on...
World War Z was a conversion, that's why we didn't get the extended cut in 3D.
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:12 PM   #6371
MercurySeven MercurySeven is offline
Active Member
 
MercurySeven's Avatar
 
Sep 2015
England
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
World War Z was a conversion, that's why we didn't get the extended cut in 3D.
Good point, levcore. I guess if it was me, and I'd just had a hit film, I'd want to reward fans by converting those extra 7 minutes for 3D blu-ray. You know, to thank them for my new yacht. But that's just me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
the13thman (07-27-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #6372
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
The Citadel
1334
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySeven View Post
Good point, levcore. I guess if it was me, and I'd just had a hit film, I'd want to reward fans by converting those extra 7 minutes for 3D blu-ray. You know, to thank them for my new yacht. But that's just me.
I would too! If I was a studio though I'd be giving every movie strong 3D too!
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:13 PM   #6373
Gizz Gizz is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Gizz's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
England
7
1233
955
United Kingdom

Watched





In 3D


The 3D was great it really does put some new 3D films to shame.
Thor: We know each other. He's a friend from work.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #6374
MercurySeven MercurySeven is offline
Active Member
 
MercurySeven's Avatar
 
Sep 2015
England
56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizz View Post
Watched





In 3D


The 3D was great it really does put some new 3D films to shame.
So true. It's hard to describe extreme pop-outs to someone who hasn't viewed the likes of Jaws 3D. I was a bit hard on the film itself on first viewing. Second time round, I actually enjoyed it more on its own B-movie terms, kind of like Piranha 3D, only less well-made but with much better 3D.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
nycomet (07-26-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 10:56 PM   #6375
Biss Skyler Bluray Biss Skyler Bluray is offline
Special Member
 
Dec 2013
1058
Default

just got wolf warriors in the mail today, will be watching it later.

HNI_0024.JPG

with a 7.1 soundtrack.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #6376
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
1785
35
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySeven View Post
So true. It's hard to describe extreme pop-outs to someone who hasn't viewed the likes of Jaws 3D. I was a bit hard on the film itself on first viewing. Second time round, I actually enjoyed it more on its own B-movie terms, kind of like Piranha 3D, only less well-made but with much better 3D.


I watched Jaws 3-D last night, having only seen it in 2D before and wow, what a difference. The crappy effects shots weren't so crappy any more - the severed arm floating out blew me away, I had to rewind it three times. And then there followed outstanding pop-out after outstanding pop-out, a real example of the way 3D movies ought to be. Easily one of the most enjoyable 3D films ever, a sheer delight to watch, and a shameful reminder of how abysmally conservative today's 3D movies are.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BlueRayLifer (07-30-2016), levcore (07-28-2016), MercurySeven (07-28-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 11:24 AM   #6377
Damon1281 Damon1281 is online now
Expert Member
 
Damon1281's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
St. Peters, MO
313
694
85
Default In the Heart of the Sea

I watched this last night. Gorgeous film with good 3d. Some elements came in front of screen but didn't really "pop" out, but it had mostly good depth. I got a little tired of the "water splashing on the camera lens" bit.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
levcore (07-29-2016), Paul H (07-29-2016), the13thman (07-29-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 01:13 PM   #6378
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
1785
35
2
1
Default

Last night I finally watched Gods Of Egypt in 3D. I got the Australian edition, having previously stupidly wasted my money on the zoomed-in Dutch edition.



I must say that I enjoyed the film an awful lot more the second time around (I watched it in 2D a few weeks ago) as I was well aware of the style and tone.

Given that nobody has been raving about it, I wasn't expecting much from the 3D, but I was pleasantly surprised. Naturally there isn't much at all in the way of pop-out, this being a conversion, but depth, layering and separation are all good. This makes all the action look a hell of a lot better, in particular the scenes I thought looked cheap and greenscreened in 2D. I really can't get enough of this kind of stuff, I love it. No way will I be watching this again in 2D, the 3D presentation is definitely the way to go.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (07-30-2016), MercurySeven (07-29-2016), Paul H (07-29-2016), Taygan315 (07-30-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #6379
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
The Citadel
1334
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Last night I finally watched Gods Of Egypt in 3D. I got the Australian edition, having previously stupidly wasted my money on the zoomed-in Dutch edition.



I must say that I enjoyed the film an awful lot more the second time around (I watched it in 2D a few weeks ago) as I was well aware of the style and tone.

Given that nobody has been raving about it, I wasn't expecting much from the 3D, but I was pleasantly surprised. Naturally there isn't much at all in the way of pop-out, this being a conversion, but depth, layering and separation are all good. This makes all the action look a hell of a lot better, in particular the scenes I thought looked cheap and greenscreened in 2D. I really can't get enough of this kind of stuff, I love it. No way will I be watching this again in 2D, the 3D presentation is definitely the way to go.
Hear hear mate. Totally agree. See my sig, I loved Gods of Egypt! A few more pop outs would have been nice though.
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:13 PM   #6380
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
1785
35
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Hear hear mate. Totally agree. See my sig, I loved Gods of Egypt! A few more pop outs would have been nice though.
Coming after I watched Jaws 3-D it was a stark reminder of how desperately hobbled modern 3D often is, particularly conversions like Gods Of Egypt that are thematically crying out for spectacular immersive 3D visuals.

If anything/anyone was positioned out of the screen it was only a Disney/Pixar little bit, but even so it still felt like there was tangible 3D space there.

I loved the film in 2D (once I got the tone it was aiming for) but the whole experience was infinitely better in 3D, even without crowd pleasing pop-outs. All the things that bothered me in 2D just didn't any more, I can see why it's your best of 2016...
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 AM.