Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Ghostbusters 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
In the Heart of the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Warcraft 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Independence Day: Resurgence 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Under the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.00
Finding Dory 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Yogi Bear 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.31
Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.67
Journey to Space 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 07-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #5741

Sep 2015
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
The runtimes of the IMAX documentaries aren't a problem for me, except where the discs are expensive. It's not that I necessarily want more content, I just don't want to pay the same as for a full movie.

Having said that, I would have liked Ghosts Of The Abyss (not strictly an IMAX film, I know) to be just as long in 3D as it is in 2D, just as I would like all extended cuts to be in 3D...
This! A hundred times this. Ghost of the Abyss was a nice length in IMAX theatres (I saw it 3 times), but the 3D was the main selling point. Without it I wouldn't have bothered. And the ticket price should be halved for those shorter docs, even with 3D. To release a 90 minute blu ray version flat alongside the original 3D doc felt like an insult to me. It undermined the whole point of the endeavour, which was to give viewers that immersive 3D dive experience down to the wreck.

Same with Avatar. Why wasn't the Extended Cut released in 3D? And World War Z? The list goes on and on...
Thanks given by:
the13thman (Yesterday)
Old 07-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #5742
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySeven View Post
This! A hundred times this. Ghost of the Abyss was a nice length in IMAX theatres (I saw it 3 times), but the 3D was the main selling point. Without it I wouldn't have bothered. And the ticket price should be halved for those shorter docs, even with 3D. To release a 90 minute blu ray version flat alongside the original 3D doc felt like an insult to me. It undermined the whole point of the endeavour, which was to give viewers that immersive 3D dive experience down to the wreck.

Same with Avatar. Why wasn't the Extended Cut released in 3D? And World War Z? The list goes on and on...
World War Z was a conversion, that's why we didn't get the extended cut in 3D.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore

Best of 2016: Gods of Egypt!
Old 07-26-2016, 01:12 PM   #5743

Sep 2015
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
World War Z was a conversion, that's why we didn't get the extended cut in 3D.
Good point, levcore. I guess if it was me, and I'd just had a hit film, I'd want to reward fans by converting those extra 7 minutes for 3D blu-ray. You know, to thank them for my new yacht. But that's just me.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (Yesterday)
Old 07-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #5744
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Good point, levcore. I guess if it was me, and I'd just had a hit film, I'd want to reward fans by converting those extra 7 minutes for 3D blu-ray. You know, to thank them for my new yacht. But that's just me.
I would too! If I was a studio though I'd be giving every movie strong 3D too!
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore

Best of 2016: Gods of Egypt!
Old 07-26-2016, 03:13 PM   #5745
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012
England
United Kingdom

Watched

In 3D

The 3D was great it really does put some new 3D films to shame.
My Top 10 Films of All Time
1. Jurassic Park 2. Ghostbusters - 1984 3. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 4. Star Trek: First Contact 5. Jaws 6. Toy Story 7. Fantasia 8. Army of Darkness 9. Batman - 1989 10. Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Old 07-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #5746

Sep 2015
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizz View Post
Watched

In 3D

The 3D was great it really does put some new 3D films to shame.
So true. It's hard to describe extreme pop-outs to someone who hasn't viewed the likes of Jaws 3D. I was a bit hard on the film itself on first viewing. Second time round, I actually enjoyed it more on its own B-movie terms, kind of like Piranha 3D, only less well-made but with much better 3D.
Thanks given by:
nycomet (07-26-2016)
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM   #5747

Dec 2013

just got wolf warriors in the mail today, will be watching it later.

HNI_0024.JPG

with a 7.1 soundtrack.
Old Today, 08:23 AM   #5748
Expert Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
So true. It's hard to describe extreme pop-outs to someone who hasn't viewed the likes of Jaws 3D. I was a bit hard on the film itself on first viewing. Second time round, I actually enjoyed it more on its own B-movie terms, kind of like Piranha 3D, only less well-made but with much better 3D.

I watched Jaws 3-D last night, having only seen it in 2D before and wow, what a difference. The crappy effects shots weren't so crappy any more - the severed arm floating out blew me away, I had to rewind it three times. And then there followed outstanding pop-out after outstanding pop-out, a real example of the way 3D movies ought to be. Easily one of the most enjoyable 3D films ever, a sheer delight to watch, and a shameful reminder of how abysmally conservative today's 3D movies are.
Thanks given by:
levcore (Today), MercurySeven (Today)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies