Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Trek Into Darkness 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Star Trek Beyond 4K + 3D Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Boxtrolls 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$21.00
Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase Two Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$178.49
Dial M for Murder 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.84
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Under the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.00
A Christmas Carol 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Last Airbender 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.40
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 07-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #5741
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySeven View Post
This! A hundred times this. Ghost of the Abyss was a nice length in IMAX theatres (I saw it 3 times), but the 3D was the main selling point. Without it I wouldn't have bothered. And the ticket price should be halved for those shorter docs, even with 3D. To release a 90 minute blu ray version flat alongside the original 3D doc felt like an insult to me. It undermined the whole point of the endeavour, which was to give viewers that immersive 3D dive experience down to the wreck.

Same with Avatar. Why wasn't the Extended Cut released in 3D? And World War Z? The list goes on and on...
World War Z was a conversion, that's why we didn't get the extended cut in 3D.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore
Old 07-26-2016, 02:12 PM   #5742

Sep 2015
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
World War Z was a conversion, that's why we didn't get the extended cut in 3D.
Good point, levcore. I guess if it was me, and I'd just had a hit film, I'd want to reward fans by converting those extra 7 minutes for 3D blu-ray. You know, to thank them for my new yacht. But that's just me.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (07-27-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 02:48 PM   #5743
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Good point, levcore. I guess if it was me, and I'd just had a hit film, I'd want to reward fans by converting those extra 7 minutes for 3D blu-ray. You know, to thank them for my new yacht. But that's just me.
I would too! If I was a studio though I'd be giving every movie strong 3D too!
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

Old 07-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #5744
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012
England
United Kingdom

Watched

In 3D

The 3D was great it really does put some new 3D films to shame.
Leonard "Bones" McCoy: Oh, joy. - Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - 1986
Old 07-26-2016, 11:06 PM   #5745

Sep 2015
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizz View Post
Watched

In 3D

So true. It's hard to describe extreme pop-outs to someone who hasn't viewed the likes of Jaws 3D. I was a bit hard on the film itself on first viewing. Second time round, I actually enjoyed it more on its own B-movie terms, kind of like Piranha 3D, only less well-made but with much better 3D.
Thanks given by:
nycomet (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 11:56 PM   #5746

Dec 2013

just got wolf warriors in the mail today, will be watching it later.

HNI_0024.JPG

with a 7.1 soundtrack.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:23 AM   #5747
Special Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
So true. It's hard to describe extreme pop-outs to someone who hasn't viewed the likes of Jaws 3D. I was a bit hard on the film itself on first viewing. Second time round, I actually enjoyed it more on its own B-movie terms, kind of like Piranha 3D, only less well-made but with much better 3D.

I watched Jaws 3-D last night, having only seen it in 2D before and wow, what a difference. The crappy effects shots weren't so crappy any more - the severed arm floating out blew me away, I had to rewind it three times. And then there followed outstanding pop-out after outstanding pop-out, a real example of the way 3D movies ought to be. Easily one of the most enjoyable 3D films ever, a sheer delight to watch, and a shameful reminder of how abysmally conservative today's 3D movies are.
Thanks given by:
BlueRayLifer (07-30-2016), levcore (07-28-2016), MercurySeven (07-28-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #5748

Jun 2014
St. Peters, MO
Default In the Heart of the Sea

I watched this last night. Gorgeous film with good 3d. Some elements came in front of screen but didn't really "pop" out, but it had mostly good depth. I got a little tired of the "water splashing on the camera lens" bit.
Thanks given by:
levcore (07-29-2016), Paul H (07-29-2016), the13thman (07-29-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 02:13 PM   #5749
Special Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Last night I finally watched Gods Of Egypt in 3D. I got the Australian edition, having previously stupidly wasted my money on the zoomed-in Dutch edition.

I must say that I enjoyed the film an awful lot more the second time around (I watched it in 2D a few weeks ago) as I was well aware of the style and tone.

Given that nobody has been raving about it, I wasn't expecting much from the 3D, but I was pleasantly surprised. Naturally there isn't much at all in the way of pop-out, this being a conversion, but depth, layering and separation are all good. This makes all the action look a hell of a lot better, in particular the scenes I thought looked cheap and greenscreened in 2D. I really can't get enough of this kind of stuff, I love it. No way will I be watching this again in 2D, the 3D presentation is definitely the way to go.
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (07-30-2016), MercurySeven (07-29-2016), Paul H (07-29-2016), Taygan315 (07-30-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #5750
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Last night I finally watched Gods Of Egypt in 3D. I got the Australian edition, having previously stupidly wasted my money on the zoomed-in Dutch edition.

I must say that I enjoyed the film an awful lot more the second time around (I watched it in 2D a few weeks ago) as I was well aware of the style and tone.

Given that nobody has been raving about it, I wasn't expecting much from the 3D, but I was pleasantly surprised. Naturally there isn't much at all in the way of pop-out, this being a conversion, but depth, layering and separation are all good. This makes all the action look a hell of a lot better, in particular the scenes I thought looked cheap and greenscreened in 2D. I really can't get enough of this kind of stuff, I love it. No way will I be watching this again in 2D, the 3D presentation is definitely the way to go.
Hear hear mate. Totally agree. See my sig, I loved Gods of Egypt! A few more pop outs would have been nice though.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:13 PM   #5751
Special Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Hear hear mate. Totally agree. See my sig, I loved Gods of Egypt! A few more pop outs would have been nice though.
Coming after I watched Jaws 3-D it was a stark reminder of how desperately hobbled modern 3D often is, particularly conversions like Gods Of Egypt that are thematically crying out for spectacular immersive 3D visuals.

If anything/anyone was positioned out of the screen it was only a Disney/Pixar little bit, but even so it still felt like there was tangible 3D space there.

I loved the film in 2D (once I got the tone it was aiming for) but the whole experience was infinitely better in 3D, even without crowd pleasing pop-outs. All the things that bothered me in 2D just didn't any more, I can see why it's your best of 2016...
Old 07-30-2016, 03:48 AM   #5752

Dec 2013

watched wolf warriors last night in 3d and the conversion is surprisingly decent, decent depth, layering is decent too, some explosion debris come out the screen surprisingly, the 3d does settle down however when the soldiers are in the woods.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:36 AM   #5753
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2013
Default The last 3D Blu-ray you Bought or Watched Thread

The Angry Birds Movie 3D

If you are planning to buy Angry Birds 3D Blu-Ray and also do Vudu, you can go to the 3D bundle on vudu.com and there is a disc + digital option. The price is same as the 3D Blu-Ray on walmart.com, but you get the 3D + 2D bundle on Vudu to watch now and the 3D Blu-Ray set will be shipped to you on release.

http://www.vudu.com/movies/
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (07-30-2016)
Old 07-30-2016, 06:27 AM   #5754

Jul 2013

Watched Frozen 3D with the family. Been wanting to give this movie a second chance in 3D.

My first view was 2D USA BD at release on a 40" 1080p set with old-school Pro-logic analog sound.

Watching this now on a larger 3D set with modern sound definitely gives this flick some breathing room.

I still think the script is too 'Lifetime' and feel like there's too many songs, but I was able to appreciate the artistry on display now.

The 3D was very nice with good use of scale and length, also Olaf's nose was a mild pop-out.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (07-30-2016)
Old 07-30-2016, 03:56 PM   #5755
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@Chicago View Post
Watched Frozen 3D with the family. Been wanting to give this movie a second chance in 3D.

My first view was 2D USA BD at release on a 40" 1080p set with old-school Pro-logic analog sound.

Watching this now on a larger 3D set with modern sound definitely gives this flick some breathing room.

I still think the script is too 'Lifetime' and feel like there's too many songs, but I was able to appreciate the artistry on display now.

The 3D was very nice with good use of scale and length, also Olaf's nose was a mild pop-out.
Agreed. If Walt Disney's historical processes for consideration were honored, Frozen would have been given an initial U.S. 3D release, making a "wishing-upon-a-star" = magic moment; The period that could take advantage of 3Ds attraction properties.

What the conglomerate has done is to allow the movie's renowned musical brilliance become familiarized to the point of distraction, breeding contempt to any beautifully mastered U.S. 3D release our generation will have for a "first time" experience.
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; 07-30-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:54 PM   #5756
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@Chicago View Post

How did you like the Disney short film on the Frozen 3D blu?? GREAT 3D,IMO!!
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
Thanks given by:
the13thman (07-31-2016)
Old 07-31-2016, 06:57 PM   #5757
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post

I watched this for the first time last night and I agree with everything you said. Thought the effects were fantastic and some really good strong 3D in parts. Movie was good. Watching this in 3D is defintely the way to go
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
Thanks given by:
the13thman (07-31-2016)
Old 07-31-2016, 08:23 PM   #5758

Jun 2012
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizz View Post
Watched

In 3D

Thanks ordered it. May watch it later today.
Acer H5380BD DLP projector. 100 inch Electric Motorized EBAY Projector Screen. Active Glasses.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:08 PM   #5759
Special Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Fed up of waiting for them to make/release the second half of the story, I watched Iceman in 3D

Not as good a film as The Iceman Cometh (it really doesn't help that the story doesn't get resolved) it still has some decent Donnie Yen action, and above average 3D compared to your average Hong Kong action film. Nothing special in the way of depth, but quite a few good looking helicopter shots of tall buildings. Separation wasn't bad, and though it was mostly all depth, there were quite few a pop-outs, mainly things thrown in your face. One broken bottle notably got stuck out of the screen. No problems with subtitle clash either.

I have the Hong Kong version but this is one of the very few Hong Kong 3D movies that's available in the UK, well worth a look if you can get it cheap.
Thanks given by:
BleedOrange11 (07-31-2016)
Old 07-31-2016, 09:15 PM   #5760

Jul 2016

Sory if this is hijacking thread but being a newbie on here cannot create new one.My question is just wondering what 3d blurays offer full size screen viewing on the tv.I know transformers does and a few of the animated ones do.Feel free to put titles on you know that fill the entire screen of the tv.I think it does make a difference.ps current screen sony 4k 55 inch.cheers
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies