Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Yosuga no Sora In Solitude Where We Are Least Alone: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.29
Sailor Moon Crystal: Set 2 (Blu-ray)
$52.89
Cowboy Bebop: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$63.01
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (Blu-ray)
$46.19
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Blu-ray)
$46.19
Turn A Gundam: Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$43.19
Prison School - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$43.79
Strike The Blood: TV Series Collection (Blu-ray)
$36.59
Hunter × Hunter: Set 1 (Blu-ray)
$31.35
Knights of Sidonia 2 Battle For Planet Nine: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.49
Sailor Moon R: Season 2 Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$37.99
SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$43.79
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 10-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #161
Power Member

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK

Sorry for OT but I wanted to ask a similar question - sometimes I cant tell what track my reciever is playing even though my player is set up with Secondary Audio turned off It doesnt say on the display, just what speakers sound is coming from.

Has anyone seen the Spanish digibooks of Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle? They're BEAUTIFUL
Old 10-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #162
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_tales View Post
Has anyone seen the Spanish digibooks of Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle? They're BEAUTIFUL
I am sure you are right, but I will just wait for the U.K. steelbooks coming out late November that I already have on pre order.
Wanted: Spirited Away slipcover
"If we're about to die anyways, I'd rather die fighting! Come for me Gmork, I am Atreyu!"

"Between you and the mumps, I'd rather have the mumps. At least I know they are going to go away."- Col. Sherman Potter

"If life is a bowl of cherries, what's death, avocados?"-Chuck Barris
Old 10-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #163
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Wow, they are nice

Old 12-29-2016, 02:50 AM   #164
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Chicago

I watched My Neighbor Totoro with my 3 year old son on Christmas Eve and for the first time in his life, he sat for the entire film while giving it his undivided attention. I had blind bought the film after hearing good things about it. I did enjoy it, but I think I liked the fact that he liked it even more.

With that said, which other Japanese animation films can someone recommend to me to watch with him? I know very little about Japanese animation and have only seen this film and Grave of the Fireflies. I'm looking for other G rated titles, although I don't necessarily mind a PG rated film if someone thinks that a 3 year old could kind of gather what is going on and enjoy the film.

Thanks!
"It's my belief that history is a wheel. 'Inconstancy is my very essence,' says the wheel. Rise up on my spokes if you like but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away." - Boethius
Old 12-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #165
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdowiak View Post
I watched My Neighbor Totoro with my 3 year old son on Christmas Eve and for the first time in his life, he sat for the entire film while giving it his undivided attention. I had blind bought the film after hearing good things about it. I did enjoy it, but I think I liked the fact that he liked it even more.

With that said, which other Japanese animation films can someone recommend to me to watch with him? I know very little about Japanese animation and have only seen this film and Grave of the Fireflies. I'm looking for other G rated titles, although I don't necessarily mind a PG rated film if someone thinks that a 3 year old could kind of gather what is going on and enjoy the film.

Thanks!
Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo, and The Secret World of Arietty are all G-rated films that I'd think would be fun for a 3-year old. Castle in the Sky is PG and is a great adventure film that I don't think would be too intense or scary for a 3-year old.
Thanks given by:
bwdowiak (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 04:09 PM   #166
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:

Thanks!
There aren't many films like My Neighbor Totoro that penetrate the psychology of a child quite as effectively. MNT "gets it" because it knows what interests a child, and how they think. Most people will recommend other Ghibli films, and they ARE good. But only a handful approach the same level of psychology when it comes to children.

Ponyo and Kiki's Delivery Service are the ones that come to mind immediately.
Thanks given by:
bwdowiak (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #167

Oct 2010

Quote:

Thanks!
Hayao Miyazaki
Thanks given by:
bwdowiak (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 10:40 PM   #168
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo, and The Secret World of Arietty are all G-rated films that I'd think would be fun for a 3-year old. Castle in the Sky is PG and is a great adventure film that I don't think would be too intense or scary for a 3-year old.
Seconded on all the above.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:09 AM   #169
Special Member

Dec 2009
United States

Ponyo and Kiki, for sure (I haven't seen Arietty).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Tags
disney, my neighbor totoro, studio ghibli, totoro