Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Outlander: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$99.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$71.99
Fargo: Year Two (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Outlander: Season One - The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$93.76
The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
John Wick 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.96
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Godfather Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Preacher: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Wire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Cyber Monday and Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 07-05-2016, 11:46 PM   #4141
Special Member

Apr 2011
Baltimore

Down to 1.30 now. Waiting to see how far this goes.
Voltron: Fleet of Doom Blu-ray, where art thou?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #4142
Suspended

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

As a rule of thumb-when paying with a US issued mastercard or visa-is it better to rely on Visa/Mastercard exchange rate or Amazon exchange rate?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:19 AM   #4143
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
As a rule of thumb-when paying with a US issued mastercard or visa-is it better to rely on Visa/Mastercard exchange rate or Amazon exchange rate?
In general, yes, but from the previous page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickersonw View Post
If you have a Visa card and your bank uses Visa's exchange rate use this calculator (This one also has a place to add in foreign transaction percentage if your card has that) https://usa.visa.com/support/consume...alculator.html

If you have a Mastercard card and your bank uses Mastercard's exchange rate use this calculator (Select GBP as the base currency) https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/

If the number given is higher than Amazon UK's exchange rate then buy in USD, if it is lower than Amazon UK's exchange rate then buy in GBP.
In 2007, I bought a PS3 for 4 specific titles; in 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶5̶ 2016 the other half of them may finally come out for PS4.
Thanks given by:
RockyIII (07-06-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #4144
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2010

Quote:
I always pay in local currency esp with a 0% Forex fee card. The only time in 5-6 years where Amazon converter has been cheaper was last week when the bottom fell out and Amazon converter caught up to the drop faster than VISA/MC so for a couple days Amazon was slightly cheaper. I suspect it the rates are rising Amazon rate goes up much faster than Visa as well though it may be a while before that it put to the test.

With a 3% fee card that gap has always been much narrower/disappears so the first thing you need to do is find out about your CC.

Ex. today a 0% card has a 1 cents better exchange than Amazon, for a 3% card Amazon is 3 cents better. Once Visa catches down to the latest fall then the gap shifts substantially toward Visa
Old 07-06-2016, 04:22 PM   #4145
Suspended

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
I always pay in local currency esp with a 0% Forex fee card. The only time in 5-6 years where Amazon converter has been cheaper was last week when the bottom fell out and Amazon converter caught up to the drop faster than VISA/MC so for a couple days Amazon was slightly cheaper. I suspect it the rates are rising Amazon rate goes up much faster than Visa as well though it may be a while before that it put to the test.

With a 3% fee card that gap has always been much narrower/disappears so the first thing you need to do is find out about your CC.

Ex. today a 0% card has a 1 cents better exchange than Amazon, for a 3% card Amazon is 3 cents better. Once Visa catches down to the latest fall then the gap shifts substantially toward Visa
I pre-ordered The Defenders and Capt America Civil War and I used Visa exchange rate. My card won't be charged until september when items will be shipped...Crossing my fingers I made the right choice.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #4146
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxx View Post
I only need Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies EE 3D. I haven't seen any < $25 deals on it yet in the US (and it was always OOS at Gohastings).

Here you go -- new lowest price ever. I think it would be extremely difficult to get this price for the US set even used. The only way I can think of to get lower would be BN40% sale +Mmeber+30% coupon for BF and at least a 15% discounted Gift Card.

BOFA Extended 3D Bluray Amazon UK

around $18-18.60 if you order as a single item and depending on your payment.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:15 AM   #4147
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

Quote:
Here you go -- new lowest price ever. I think it would be extremely difficult to get this price for the US set even used. The only way I can think of to get lower would be BN40% sale +Mmeber+30% coupon for BF and at least a 15% discounted Gift Card.

BOFA Extended 3D Bluray Amazon UK

around $18-18.60 if you order as a single item and depending on your payment.
Thanks. I ordered it along with something else. Strangely the L12.99 price dropped to L10.83 in my cart (I mean "basket") which was fine by me. I guess there must have been some promotion I didn't know about. My order says "Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.". I guess that's Amazon UK, but I don't remember that SARL part before. Shouldn't it say Amazon ex-EU(Brexit)?

I used the COF VISA in "pounds sterling" which I think is what I need to get the better rate, though I doubt I'll get 1.29 which was today's rate. I know there was a discussion with kenbenobi on this earlier, but I didn't totally understand it. Regardless, I assume paying with the COF VISA in pounds would work out cheaper than using Amazon's exchange rate paying in dollars regardless how VISA screws around with the rates?

BTW, what's your opinion on Star Wars: The Clone Wars series for $43.22 according to this thread? Do you think it's a good deal?

http://slickdeals.net/f/8901047-star...src=SiteSearch

I would've ordered more stuff if I knew what to order.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:31 AM   #4148
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2010

Quote:
Thanks. I ordered it along with something else. Strangely the L12.99 price dropped to L10.83 in my cart (I mean "basket") which was fine by me. I guess there must have been some promotion I didn't know about. My order says "Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.". I guess that's Amazon UK, but I don't remember that SARL part before. Shouldn't it say Amazon ex-EU(Brexit)?

I used the COF VISA in "pounds sterling" which I think is what I need to get the better rate, though I doubt I'll get 1.29 which was today's rate. I know there was a discussion with kenbenobi on this earlier, but I didn't totally understand it. Regardless, I assume paying with the COF VISA in pounds would work out cheaper than using Amazon's exchange rate paying in dollars regardless how VISA screws around with the rates?

BTW, what's your opinion on Star Wars: The Clone Wars series for $43.22 according to this thread? Do you think it's a good deal?

If the items posts Friday the std conversion rate appears to a hair over 1.30 which would make it an even better deal. Not sure if your COF has a For.Exch fee or not, but it still shouldn;be be any more than Amazon regardless.

If you like the Clone WArs set, it's an excellent deal for 5 seasons.

The drop in price when you go through checkout isn't a promo, but the removal of the VAT (20% national sales tax) we don;t pay.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #4149

Mar 2010

Quote:

I don't have Clone Wars series, but have it sitting in my cart. Current price, I believe, is the lowest it has been. But with my recent purchase of ST:TNG, I will most likely hold off on this one. I also have been keeping an eye on Hobbit BOFA 3D EE and Boxtrolls 3D. Both are good prices, but I like digital copies as well, and not being set up to burn blu rays yet, I don't like messing with UK digital copies - or at least not familiar enough to properly copy the digital copies to keep on hand.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #4150
Suspended

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Can you order from Amazon.US from the UK? If you can, right now Lord of the Rings Trilogy bluray w/ext scenes is only $26.99 and it used to be between $60 and $70
Old 07-07-2016, 04:46 PM   #4151
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2010

Quote:
Can you order from Amazon.US from the UK? If you can, right now Lord of the Rings Trilogy bluray w/ext scenes is only $26.99 and it used to be between $60 and $70
Amazon goes both ways
Old 07-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #4152
Suspended

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Amazon goes both ways
26.99 USD for LOTR Trilogy w/ext scenes is a heck of a deal considering that there are very few copies left in the UK at crazy high prices
Old 07-30-2016, 04:06 PM   #4153
Suspended

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Great deals on Legends of Tomorrow and Civil War...A lot cheaper than what those pre-orders are going for on Amazon US!
Old 07-30-2016, 05:07 PM   #4154

Nov 2015
Region 1

Quote:
Great deals on Legends of Tomorrow and Civil War...A lot cheaper than what those pre-orders are going for on Amazon US!
Is a pre-order a good idea when you don't know if they're Region Free?
Old 07-30-2016, 05:23 PM   #4155
Suspended

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Is a pre-order a good idea when you don't know if they're Region Free?
They are region free
Old 08-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #4156
Suspended

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Awesome deals on MUC blurays
You can never find something like Civil War 3D/Bluray for $17!
Old 08-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #4157
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2013

Quote:
Awesome deals on MUC blurays
You can never find something like Civil War 3D/Bluray for $17!
Only issue with buying Marvel abroad is no Digital Copy and no DMR points, for $3 more id rather buy stateside and maybe even get a retail exclusive copy from target etc. Even if you dont use the digital copy can easily be sold release day for bare minimum of $5, and $6-$8 with retail exclusive digital stuff.
If you want an answer quicker email me at my username at yahoo.com
Old 08-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #4158
Suspended

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfett9 View Post
Only issue with buying Marvel abroad is no Digital Copy and no DMR points, for $3 more id rather buy stateside and maybe even get a retail exclusive copy from target etc. Even if you dont use the digital copy can easily be sold release day for bare minimum of $5, and $6-$8 with retail exclusive digital stuff.
$3 more? try higher
Did you check the pre-order price on Capt America Civil War in 3D/Bluray? Sure you lose the Digital Copy whe nyou pre-order from AmazonUK, but you also end up with more money in your pocket
Old 08-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #4159
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2013

Quote:
$3 more? try higher
Did you check the pre-order price on Capt America Civil War in 3D/Bluray? Sure you lose the Digital Copy whe nyou pre-order from AmazonUK, but you also end up with more money in your pocket
Every Marvel 3D release on opening day has been $20 since Thor 2. Just FYI thats the standard release not steelbook, BBY started jacking up the price with Antman on those. (They preorder price was always 25-30, and then drops to 19.99)

Target had Civil War 3D For $25 + $10 GC a while back too, and that was before a price drop.

Antman 3D release day price $19.99, Nov 29, 2015
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Ant-Man-B...uct/B00ZGDIGZ2

No if you are buying post release date then sure go UK if price matters more.

But on release the better overall deal is stateside.
If you want an answer quicker email me at my username at yahoo.com
Old 08-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #4160
Suspended

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfett9 View Post
Every Marvel 3D release on opening day has been $20 since Thor 2. Just FYI thats the standard release not steelbook, BBY started jacking up the price with Antman on those. (They preorder price was always 25-30, and then drops to 19.99)

Target had Civil War 3D For $25 + $10 GC a while back too, and that was before a price drop.

Antman 3D release day price $19.99, Nov 29, 2015
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Ant-Man-B...uct/B00ZGDIGZ2

No if you are buying post release date then sure go UK if price matters more.

But on release the better overall deal is stateside.
From what I have experienced, most Marvel releases in 3D/Bluray are average $29.99 because they also include DVD and Digital Copy, I assume. I dont care for the DVD and I can live without the UV code.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Cyber Monday and Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals