Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Of Human Bondage (Blu-ray)
$14.78
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Old 03-11-2014, 03:49 AM   #1781
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
Oh man that Tarkin looks great! The Peter Cushing likeness is amazing. That has to be one of Sideshow's most accurate sculpts to date. Congrats buddy
Thanks man. Yeah, I'm very happy with it. It was a definite must have to complete my ANH setup.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #1782
Special Member

Sep 2008
Nashville, TN (In a cave, in a dark, cold, cave)

Love the new statue dude! They did a great job with it!

My parents pre-ordered me The Art of Captain America The Winter Soldier book and my wife pre-ordered Supernatural season 9 for me. I got addicted to it on Metflix and flew through 8 seasons on Netflix. Then at the end of season 8 I was yelling "nooooooo" like when Luke found out Darth Vader was his father. My wife got me Hot Toys Red Skull figure which I'm stoked about. I just got it out of the box tonight but havent got the jacket on it yet. I want to do that today so I can get some pictures of it. Looks even better in person. Not toy like at all which is great for me since some of there stuff looks very toy like. I'm planning on doing a second figure with the extra headsculpt which I'm looking forward to.
My Home Theater COMPLETED 11/6/13
My Memorabilia UPDATED 4/9/14
TV-Pioneer Kuro 500M Reciever-marantz SR5003 Front-polkaudio Monitor 60's Center-polkaudio CS2 Surrounds-ONKYO SKM-540S Subwoofer-Outlaw LFM-1 Plus BD Player-oppo BDP-83 Gaming-XBOX360 S Conditioner and Protector-APC H15
Old 03-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #1783
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsguy View Post

My parents pre-ordered me The Art of Captain America The Winter Soldier book and my wife pre-ordered Supernatural season 9 for me. I got addicted to it on Metflix and flew through 8 seasons on Netflix. Then at the end of season 8 I was yelling "nooooooo" like when Luke found out Darth Vader was his father. My wife got me Hot Toys Red Skull figure which I'm stoked about. I just got it out of the box tonight but havent got the jacket on it yet. I want to do that today so I can get some pictures of it. Looks even better in person. Not toy like at all which is great for me since some of there stuff looks very toy like. I'm planning on doing a second figure with the extra headsculpt which I'm looking forward to.
One with Hugo's portrait and the other RS? Nice! Yeah, I can see why you'd want two. Throw up some pics man. Would love to see what this looks like in hand. Congrats on the pre-order haul also. Not into Supernatural but always hear good things about it, and the new Cap to me looks bad ass!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:19 AM   #1784
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

The Shadow (Blackhole) Trooper PF arrived today. Now the Stormtrooper set is complete:

Old 03-14-2014, 03:31 AM   #1785
Expert Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsguy View Post

Congrats on the gifts I've seen pics of the Red Skull HT and he looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARKILLER--1138 View Post
The Shadow (Blackhole) Trooper PF arrived today. Now the Stormtrooper set is complete:

Holy shit! I'm not going to lie, the Blackhole one is the best! Damn I want that LMAO!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:39 AM   #1786
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Both the repaints turned out awesome man. My kids agree with you though. They said the black one looks the best.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:48 AM   #1787
Expert Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
Both the repaints turned out awesome man. My kids agree with you though. They said the black one looks the best.
Yeah they both turned out great thats for sure. Congrats man!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:50 AM   #1788
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
Yeah they both turned out great thats for sure. Congrats man!
Thanks man. Chewie should be here soon too.

How far have you gotten on TCW?
Old 03-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #1789
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Looks fantastic Lou! I can't even begin to describe how frustrating it is to pack up statues, instead of unpacking them!

At least I can live vicariously through you guys for a while!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #1790
Expert Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
Thanks man. Chewie should be here soon too.

How far have you gotten on TCW?
Chewie is so awesome from the pics I've seen. Your ANH setup is going to be so freaking awesome!

I think I'm only on epiosde 9. I actually just got done watching the old series of The Flash from the early 90's which I just bought a couple of weeks ago (such an awesome show lol) so now I have lots of time for TCW

Awesome new avy by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Looks fantastic Lou! I can't even begin to describe how frustrating it is to pack up statues, instead of unpacking them!

Just think of how awesome its going to be to open and display your new pf's all at once though. You'll be like a kid on Christmas!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #1791

Nov 2009
Montana

Starkiller - What kind of doors are you using?
Old 03-14-2014, 07:06 PM   #1792
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Just think of how awesome its going to be to open and display your new pf's all at once though. You'll be like a kid on Christmas!
Haha! Very true! I can't wait.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #1793
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:

Anytime my friend. I understand what you mean about packing up statues. During my move, I just put down some pillows and cushions in the back of my car and let the statues rest on those while I transported them about a mile. PITA! It'll be so worth it though when you are finally able to take them out of their cardboard prisons.

Quote:
Chewie is so awesome from the pics I've seen. Your ANH setup is going to be so freaking awesome!

I think I'm only on epiosde 9. I actually just got done watching the old series of The Flash from the early 90's which I just bought a couple of weeks ago (such an awesome show lol) so now I have lots of time for TCW

Awesome new avy by the way!

Exactly!

Thanks man. Figured it was time for a change, LOL! I tell ya man, now with TCW on Netflix, they are on almost 24/7. Even if I'm not in the room watching them (housework, etc.). Better than having to switch discs.

The doors for the ANH display should be up this weekend, and the case for Vader vs Ben shortly after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp_fan99 View Post
Starkiller - What kind of doors are you using?
I'm using the 3 panel Vassbo doors which are now discontinued. They still have the single 23" x 25" panel doors though. I'm hoping they come out with another 3 panel version for their Besta units though.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #1794
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Anytime my friend. I understand what you mean about packing up statues. During my move, I just put down some pillows and cushions in the back of my car and let the statues rest on those while I transported them about a mile. PITA! It'll be so worth it though when you are finally able to take them out of their cardboard prisons.
I thought about doing that, as we are not moving very far at all...but don't want to risk it. Definitely a major pain, but I just do about 10 per day, as to not rush anything. It's the diecast collection!!!! Over 300 1:24 scale cars and each car has 2 screwholes on the bottom with screws in the bottom shell of hard styrfoam...now that's exhausting.
At least, on the bright side, when new statues come in, they are already done!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:05 AM   #1795
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
I thought about doing that, as we are not moving very far at all...but don't want to risk it. Definitely a major pain, but I just do about 10 per day, as to not rush anything. It's the diecast collection!!!! Over 300 1:24 scale cars and each car has 2 screwholes on the bottom with screws in the bottom shell of hard styrfoam...now that's exhausting.
At least, on the bright side, when new statues come in, they are already done!
Good God!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #1796
Expert Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
Exactly!

Thanks man. Figured it was time for a change, LOL! I tell ya man, now with TCW on Netflix, they are on almost 24/7. Even if I'm not in the room watching them (housework, etc.). Better than having to switch discs.

The doors for the ANH display should be up this weekend, and the case for Vader vs Ben shortly after.
Its nice not having to switch discs. It maximizes my laziness times lol.

I can't wait to see how the new doors look on the Besta Did you order an acrylic case for Vader and Ben? I was thinking about going with that option as well. I still haven't decided 100% what I'm going to do lol.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #1797
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
Its nice not having to switch discs. It maximizes my laziness times lol.

I can't wait to see how the new doors look on the Besta Did you order an acrylic case for Vader and Ben? I was thinking about going with that option as well. I still haven't decided 100% what I'm going to do lol.
LOL! Not only that, but I'm always washing my hands, so sometimes it feels like I'm waiting a really long time just for my hands to dry before I go putting discs in. Yeah, a little OCD that way. Now, I can just hit the X button and I'm good to go.

Yeah, got the acrylic case ordered. I'm going to have to get one for the Greedo 1:1 bust also since that should be displayed in the ANH area also. Are you thinking about doing that for Batman?
Old 03-16-2014, 04:15 AM   #1798
Expert Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
LOL! Not only that, but I'm always washing my hands, so sometimes it feels like I'm waiting a really long time just for my hands to dry before I go putting discs in. Yeah, a little OCD that way. Now, I can just hit the X button and I'm good to go.

Yeah, got the acrylic case ordered. I'm going to have to get one for the Greedo 1:1 bust also since that should be displayed in the ANH area also. Are you thinking about doing that for Batman?
Its a possibility that I could pick up an acrylic case for Batman, or I still might get a Besta. I'm leaning besta. I guess it really comes down to what other Batman character PFs come out that I want to order in between now and whenever the Keaton PF ships (probably not for 2 years knowing Sideshow's delays). It also comes down to if I get any other Batman stuff for my birthday in a couple weeks too.

But I did look at custom acrylic cases online and they aren't too expensive if I only plan on getting them for a PF or 2, so I just gotta wait and see what happens. I would kill for a Jack Nicholson Joker PF.

Where are you going to put your Ben Kenobi LSB?
Old 03-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #1799
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
Its a possibility that I could pick up an acrylic case for Batman, or I still might get a Besta. I'm leaning besta. I guess it really comes down to what other Batman character PFs come out that I want to order in between now and whenever the Keaton PF ships (probably not for 2 years knowing Sideshow's delays). It also comes down to if I get any other Batman stuff for my birthday in a couple weeks too.

But I did look at custom acrylic cases online and they aren't too expensive if I only plan on getting them for a PF or 2, so I just gotta wait and see what happens. I would kill for a Jack Nicholson Joker PF.

Where are you going to put your Ben Kenobi LSB?
Yeah, I hear ya dude. That was the whole reason I went with Bestas to begin with. Buying 2-3 acrylic cases, plus shipping them, cost more than a double wide Besta with doors. It just got to be too expensive. For just a couple pieces though, yeah, I'd go that route most likely. They are more of a classy display, IMO, as it puts focus on just one piece like a museum.

The Kenobi LSB will get a shelf in the ANH display. Just not 100% sure where yet. I'll probably end up pairing Han and Chewie together for space reasons, and quite honestly, they just belong together like R2 and 3PO.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:32 PM   #1800
Expert Member

Jul 2012
Wisconsin

Quote:
Yeah, I hear ya dude. That was the whole reason I went with Bestas to begin with. Buying 2-3 acrylic cases, plus shipping them, cost more than a double wide Besta with doors. It just got to be too expensive. For just a couple pieces though, yeah, I'd go that route most likely. They are more of a classy display, IMO, as it puts focus on just one piece like a museum.

The Kenobi LSB will get a shelf in the ANH display. Just not 100% sure where yet. I'll probably end up pairing Han and Chewie together for space reasons, and quite honestly, they just belong together like R2 and 3PO.
I do like the way the acrylic cases let you view the statue all the way around without the sides, top and back being blocked out by the walls of a besta, but the besta is great as it lets you maximize the amount of space you have so you can display more pieces. More than likely I'll go besta. I think I'm going to wait till it gets closer to Keaton's release before I pick it up , but I do have a few cool display pieces that will be going beside it or in back of it depending on what display case I end up going with.

Han and Chewie definitely go together so that should look great. Did you get your new doors on yet? lol.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia