Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Exodus: Gods and Kings 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Birdman (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Penguins of Madagascar (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Gone Girl (Blu-ray)
$13.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Bible: The Epic Miniseries (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Iron Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (Blu-ray)
$12.99
101 Dalmatians (Blu-ray)
$18.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 03-22-2015, 01:03 AM   #3261

May 2010
British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloner52 View Post
Its probably already been mentioned but I'll say it anyway..... Amazon is having a 50% off certain anime titles at the moment...... and the Dragon ball bluray season sets happen to be in it... you can get them all for $20 - $22...... less then what I paid for them...
They're cropped. I wouldn't take them if they were free. Yes I am *****y today.
The dumbest character in cinematic history is not Jar Jar Binks. It's David Larrabee. I mean...who the hell overlooks Audrey Hepburn!?
Old 03-22-2015, 01:09 AM   #3262

Mar 2015
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinwith26s View Post
They're cropped. I wouldn't take them if they were free. Yes I am *****y today.
lol...... I hear you...... but i'm one of those crazy people that will buy multiple releases of the same series.... have all the dvd season sets, dragon boxes, Kai seaon blurays sets, etc.....
Old 03-26-2015, 12:32 AM   #3263
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Washington State

was there a booklet or anything inside the DBZ: Battle of Gods blu ray release?
#100: The Rolling Stones Gimme Shelter: Criterion Collection
#200: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
#300: Trainspotting
#400: Tree of Life
#500: Brazil: Criterion Collection

#600: Eureka Seven: Pt. 1 Limited Edition
Old 03-26-2015, 02:17 AM   #3264
Special Member

Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatnikslacker View Post
was there a booklet or anything inside the DBZ: Battle of Gods blu ray release?
no booklets
"I guess we were all just hungry"- Joe Toy
"good will always triumph"- Kai
“Cause thats what real brothers do whether their blood relatives or not they look out for each other. Those guys may have been related, but they weren't brothers there's a difference.”-Tom Mason
Thanks given by:
beatnikslacker (03-26-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 02:41 AM   #3265
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Mainichi Shimbun's Mantan Web began streaming a new trailer on Tuesday for the Dragonball Z: Resurrection 'F' (Dragonball Z: Fukkatsu no F) film.

The new trailer features the special moves of the Z warriors, including Master Roshi's Kamehameha, Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon, and Krillin's Destructo Disc. The trailer also features the Z warriors fighting Frieza's 1,000-person army, and a small cameo by Jaco from Jaco the Galactic Patrolman.

Dragonball Z: Resurrection 'F' will premiere in both 2D and 3D in theaters across Japan on April 18, although advance screenings will be held before then. The film will also be the first Japanese film to open in 3D IMAX Digital Theaters.

Funimation will host the North American premiere on April 11 in Los Angeles. The company then plans to release the film in more theaters with an English dub this summer.

Toriyama said in an interview in November that the 'F' in the film's title stands for "Frieza," who will be revived in the film. Toriyama noted that he thought of the title while listening to "F" by rock band Maximum The Hormone, whom he came to know personally through a friend. The song itself features Frieza as a motif, and will be used as a "battle song" during one of the battle scenes in the film. The band originally released the song as its eighth single in July 2008.

Toriyama is personally credited with the original concept, screenplay, and character designs of the new movie. Dragonball Z animation director Tadayoshi Yamamuro is directing the new movie. Pop idol group Momoiro Clover Z (Sailor Moon Crystal, Bodacious Space Pirates) is performing the film's theme song, as well as voicing roles in the movie, playing "angels" of hell that reside where the protagonist Son Goku's enemy Frieza has been imprisoned.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...arriors/.86348
IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

Old 03-26-2015, 02:57 AM   #3266

Nov 2010
Berkeley, Ca

I know I asked this about the DBz releases last year, and I'm curious about collecting the original Dragonball series now.

What's the best release, and on what format? A basic Google search makes it seem like FunImation's 5 volume dvd release is very good, but then I'm reading Japan did a Dragonbox release for that series like they did with DBz. Is one better than the other? Are they the basically the same? Is FunImation not importing over the Dragonbox, so it doesn't matter anyways?

Thanks!

Last edited by IdeaOfEvil; 03-26-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:09 AM   #3267
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdeaOfEvil View Post
I know I asked this about the DBz releases last year, but I'm curious about collecting the original Dragonball series.

What's the best release, and on what format? A basic Google search makes it seem like FunImation's 5 volume dvd release is very good, but then I'm reading Japan did a Dragonbox release for that series like they did with DBz. Is one better than the other? Are they the basically the same? Is FunImation not importing over the Dragonbox, so it doesn't matter anyways?

Thanks!
The best release for Dragonball is the Blue Season boxsets (since it's the only way to see the 1st 13 episodes Uncut and that the Saga Sets never had a standalone set for those episodes). Also I did think Funimation crammed way too many episodes on each disc on those Saga Sets for DVDs like sometimes even having 10 episodes on 1 disc.

I haven't heard of Funimation releasing a Dragonbox Boxsets for Dragonball.

Thanks given by:
IdeaOfEvil (03-26-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 03:57 AM   #3268
Special Member

Jul 2014

The only way to get DB in the US is to buy the 5 volumes. I own them and they were great as they are in the original aspect ratio, include the Japanese version, are uncut, and look great. The only issue is there are a few episodes where the audio sounds bad, but I think that is just from the master they got and not the actual disc.

Check out my Godzilla Reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ...0IF-q1A/videos
Thanks given by:
IdeaOfEvil (03-26-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 04:09 AM   #3269
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez468 View Post
no booklets
excellent, just got a used copy from gohastings and wanted to be sure nothing was missing.
#100: The Rolling Stones Gimme Shelter: Criterion Collection
#200: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
#300: Trainspotting
#400: Tree of Life
#500: Brazil: Criterion Collection

#600: Eureka Seven: Pt. 1 Limited Edition
Old 03-26-2015, 05:14 AM   #3270
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
The only way to get DB in the US is to buy the 5 volumes. I own them and they were great as they are in the original aspect ratio, include the Japanese version, are uncut, and look great. The only issue is there are a few episodes where the audio sounds bad, but I think that is just from the master they got and not the actual disc.
Well I wouldn't say it's the only way. Just if a person decides to go with the Saga DVD sets instead of the Season boxsets these days, you would have to get the Edited version of the 1st 13 episodes with a different voice cast which would sound silly.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:47 AM   #3271

May 2009
New Zealand

I always hear about a lot of US fans buying the Australian release of 'The Saga of Goku' to complete their 2-disc saga sets.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime