COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Visitors (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Sabrina (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Restored Jazz Big Band Classics (Blu-ray)
$141.30
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$30.99
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Stalingrad 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.49
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$183.99
Tim's Vermeer (Blu-ray)
$20.49
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Ernest & Celestine (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Seattle Seahawks: Road to XLVIII (Blu-ray)
$27.49
Being Human: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Approved for Adoption (Blu-ray)
$18.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-09-2012, 02:47 AM   #161
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Quote:
And to everyone complaing about that one scene feeling like a music video thanks to the Shinedown song, your right it does.............and it completely works! I'm not a Shinedown fan at all but throughout the marketing campaign, their song became associated with the movie. When I saw that scene in the theater it felt strangely lifeless, sure cool things were happening but it just felt redundant. Watching the director's cut, you can tell Sly edited the entire sequence to that Shinedown song and it all just flows better with the song playing. Instead of feeling bored I was actually really enjoying the action sequence. Sure it's like a music video, but it's one of the coolest I've ever seen.
The scene with the music is fine. My problem was Stallone having the same song played AGAIN not too long afterwards during the credits replacing "The Boys Are Back In Town". That pissed me off since that song was the perfect way to end the movie with.

Quote:
So, is the consensus that the DC is better than the theatrical an is worth the exchange?
No, keep your theatrical disc since the DC didn't port over the extras aside from the Inferno documentary.
It's showtime, folks!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #162
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

So I finally finished the DC and I have to say this version would've been perfect if they'd left the battle scene at the end alone. Adding the Shinedown song was just too much. I don't care if they put a Tool song (my favorite band) in there, it still doesn't really fit the scene. So I agree with everyone on that front.

I had read that they shortened the scene with Tool talking about saving the girl on the bridge. I didn't notice any difference in that scene so I'll have to go back and check the theatrical version again.
The member formally known as Leem6453.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #163
Expert Member

May 2011
Texas

I still prefer this version by a long shot, but I agree leem. Should have left the main battle music scene as is.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #164
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14 View Post
I still prefer this version by a long shot, but I agree leem. Should have left the main battle music scene as is.
Agreed. It's still a much better version.
The member formally known as Leem6453.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #165
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

I watched this tonight for the first time. As an action film I thought that it was really good it delivered a lot of explosions and bone-breaking sequences were was to be expected in a film that had Sylvester Stallone, Jet Li and Dolph Lundgren. Jason Statham I am not familiar with his work so I can't comment really on him because I have nothing to compare it to unfortunately.
[Show spoiler]As for the ending action sequences, I thought that it was good they didn't hang too long on the violence but after awhile with all the killings, explosions it got to be a little over the top in my opinion and over all is still an enjoyable film for what it is.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #166
Special Member

Jul 2008

I wonder if this will drop in price with Expendables 2? It is still $16 on Amazon.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #167

Jan 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeagles5039 View Post
I wonder if this will drop in price with Expendables 2? It is still $16 on Amazon.
I saw this at Walmart the other day for $10.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:12 AM   #168
Special Member

Jul 2008

I am going to have to check my Walmart, thanks.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #169
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Best Buy has the regular version for $7.99 this week I believe.

Too bad it's not this version...
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #170
Special Member

Jul 2008

Got mine at Walmart for $10, thanks.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #171

Aug 2010

I was wondering if blu-ray.com could list this movie as 2 since it contains the feature length doc "Inferno."

I don't like it when blu-ray.com lists my bluray collection as a different number than i do haha.
-------------------------------
My short film: The Last Hit
Old 11-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #172
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Dang View Post
I was wondering if blu-ray.com could list this movie as 2 since it contains the feature length doc "Inferno."

I don't like it when blu-ray.com lists my bluray collection as a different number than i do haha.
It may be a feature length doc but it is still a special feature.
Various: "Can you kill it?" "I believe something can." "A monster?" "No...a god."

Godzilla Asia Trailer (2014)
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #173

Aug 2010

Was at Walmart the other day and they had this with a new Ultraviolet sticker on it. The wording on the sticker was weird, it was like an ad for there Walmart's new dvd burning service. Anyone else see this?
"Sarcastically I'm in charge."
Old 02-06-2014, 03:28 AM   #174

Feb 2008

Just my 2 cents... I thought the Shinedown song added life to a lifeless action scene.. the score music was the worst kind of action music. bum bum bum BUM bum bum bum BUM... and so on. It took itself to seriously. The Shinedown song added a bit of fun. Which is why I liked part 2 better then part 1 because it seemed to know what it wanted to be. Now the DC of part one (with the added scenes also) feels more in line with the second film.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:31 AM   #175

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmBufffff View Post

And to everyone complaing about that one scene feeling like a music video thanks to the Shinedown song, your right it does.............and it completely works! I'm not a Shinedown fan at all but throughout the marketing campaign, their song became associated with the movie. When I saw that scene in the theater it felt strangely lifeless, sure cool things were happening but it just felt redundant. Watching the director's cut, you can tell Sly edited the entire sequence to that Shinedown song and it all just flows better with the song playing. Instead of feeling bored I was actually really enjoying the action sequence.
Agree with this 100%
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America