Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Smokey and the Bandit (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Rambo 1-3 Box Set (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Man with No Name Trilogy 4K Remastered Edition (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: Which are you going to buy?
Demons Limited Steelbook 155 47.11%
Demons 2 Limited Steelbook 125 37.99%
Waiting for Demons standard release 169 51.37%
Waiting for Demons 2 standard release 126 38.30%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 329. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #1841
Special Member

Nov 2008
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie1970 View Post
I'm curious about the audio included. I'm not a big fan of subtitles, but I like "dubbed" movies less! The included audio that is listed as "international dubbed".....is that English spoken over the movie?
If you watch any one English dub, I'd recommend the US soundtrack. The international one is even sillier.
"I can't forgive myself for having lied to you. I don't have a degree in biology. Never even finished high school. I haven't read more than two books in my whole life. One, never finished. And the other is the phone book."
Old 04-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #1842
Special Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdarlington View Post
That's actually incorrect. In the case of the Demons franchise, most of them are speaking Italian with the exception of two or three who are speaking English.
No, I don't think it is. At least not with the first Demons, which I'm more familiar with, though I'm sure it's the case with 2 as well. Watch the film with an English track and you'll see nearly all the actor's lips sync perfectly, even the Italian ones.

Last edited by EddieLarkin; 04-07-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #1843

Apr 2009

Wow, these aren't sold out yet?
Rustin Cohle: I know who I am. And after all these years, there's a victory in that.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:33 AM   #1844
Special Member

Dec 2008

I picked them up 2 weekends ago. I'd guess the Synapse booth had 20 do each on hand. Really a great looking set of steels, vivid!
For Sale or Trade Les Miserable Steelbook / Finding Nemo Empty Viva Case
Old 04-08-2014, 04:43 AM   #1845

Dec 2009
Las Vegas, NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieLarkin View Post
No, I don't think it is. At least not with the first Demons, which I'm more familiar with, though I'm sure it's the case with 2 as well. Watch the film with an English track and you'll see nearly all the actor's lips sync perfectly, even the Italian ones.
No, you can tell it's still dubbed regardless of who's talking. Since post-production was such a focus on these films, the dubbing is of far superior quality than to that of other releases (e.g. Godzilla films released by AIP). The dubbing had to be spot-on for the film to get sold to studios in other countries. 95% of the actors in most Italian horror films never acted outside Italian productions. In regards to the first film; Urbano Barberini, Natasha Hovey, Geretta Geretta, and Bobby Rhodes are the only actors who participated (before-or-after) in English-speaking productions. Since the actors are instructed to speak in the language they're most comfortable with, that number decreases to actually who spoke English live on set. If you've seen the documentary on the Suspiria DVD, Udo Kier has a great anecdote regarding this subject.

If these actors also spoke English, they would've performed the dubbing themselves in post. However, they did not.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #1846
Special Member

Jun 2011

I never said it wasn't dubbed. The whole film is dubbed regardless of which language track you use. But the vast majority of actors are clearly either speaking English or miming it. Have you watched it with an English track? If someone says a sentence, it's pretty easy to see that their lips match up to the English words perfectly. This is the case for even the most minor characters, baring a few. And it would be quite usual for different English speaking actors to dub other English speaking actors, simply because many of them would have had unsuitable European accents.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America