Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$47.87
The Hurricane (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.98
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
Team America: World Police (Blu-ray)
$9.98
The Originals: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Universe: The Complete Series Megaset (Blu-ray)
$53.73
Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Pitfall (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$9.99
A Child Is Waiting (Blu-ray)
$15.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 08-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #4761
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge5 View Post
I found "Now You See ME" with slip in the bin yesterday. I picked it up, didn't have yet and heard good things about it. Sadly I only saw the one copy.
It's a fairly good movie. I thought they were making a sequel (i.e. Ocean's 12 & 13), but haven't heard news.

Nice with the slip!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:49 PM   #4762
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Parts Unknown
-
-

I was in Walmart the other day, and the bin was fuller than ever before, but nothing new whatsoever.

They did have Hook with the $2 VUDU sticker again (it was stickerless for a while). But I keep putting it back in the bin. I never saw the movie, so no childhood nostalgia for it.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:05 PM   #4763
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybreese View Post
My local store has dropped the 7.88 BD bin and now has both a $5 & $3.79 DVD bin.
Appears the same for me too
Wants: Disney's OZ [from 3D pack]
Furious 7 iTunes
Entourage Movie

BLUFANS V.I.P. 2015 =)
Old 08-30-2015, 05:19 PM   #4764
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Colorado, USA
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
The Walmart bin is the most illogical, inefficient form of retail sales I have ever seen.

Even if there's a movie you wanted in the bin, there's about a 25% chance of actually finding it.

...I have no idea why they continue to use it.
When shopping at Walmart, it's best to leave all logic and expectations at the door and pick them up when you leave.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #4765
Special Member

Mar 2011
Los Angeles

Both Walmarts near me in the Chicago suburbs where I'm visiting have removed all the dump bins except for the one with theater candy.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:54 PM   #4766

Apr 2013
DFW

I always come home with something from the bin every weekend when I grocery shop. Today was the Crow/Highlander combo. Still looking for the cell.
Most wanted on Blu-Ray: Panic Room, Phantasm, and Dawn of the Dead (reprint or new scan).

'When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing'- John Rambo
Old 08-31-2015, 12:31 AM   #4767

Aug 2013

Picked up the Mimic trilogy and Poltergeist 2 & 3 set.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:59 AM   #4768

Aug 2015

this is not good..

got hurt locker & apolcalypse now from walmart bin and on the cover it had the sticker of vudu digital copy included and it didn't had any slip cover for digital codes for the movie..

same thing happened with kill bill 1 & 2 ..

but lincoln lawyer, alex cross and some other movie the digital slip code covers were there..

should i go back to walmart ?

anyone who had experience with hurt locker + apocalypse and kill bill vols and were able to get vudu codes inside the blu ray case ?

TIA
Old 08-31-2015, 06:39 AM   #4769
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2013
The Ocean State
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaseT View Post
When shopping at Walmart, it's best to leave all logic and expectations at the door and pick them up when you leave.
I can relate to that. I picked up The Last Dragon a few days back in the third store I checked. Not liking the condition of the slipcovers, I proceeded to check seven more Walmarts in the following days. Only the one store out of ten actually had it in stock. That's all but three of the stores that I ever really check.
”Always leave boiled rice out for mice and keep lamps dark out of pity for moths.” The ancients had this sort of concern, and it’s really the whole point of life, generation after generation. Without it, one can only be called a blockheaded carcass. - H.Z.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. - T.P.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:51 AM   #4770

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzray View Post
this is not good..

got hurt locker & apolcalypse now from walmart bin and on the cover it had the sticker of vudu digital copy included and it didn't had any slip cover for digital codes for the movie..

same thing happened with kill bill 1 & 2 ..

but lincoln lawyer, alex cross and some other movie the digital slip code covers were there..

should i go back to walmart ?

anyone who had experience with hurt locker + apocalypse and kill bill vols and were able to get vudu codes inside the blu ray case ?

TIA
Did you try scanning your receipt?
Old 08-31-2015, 08:05 AM   #4771

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrj23 View Post
Did you try scanning your receipt?
sorry.. first time doing this walmart bin thing... so the vudu codes are given for any movies which are not there in the blu ray case from the receipt scan ? and where do we have to scan them ?

TIA
Old 08-31-2015, 08:10 AM   #4772

Jan 2014

Old 08-31-2015, 08:12 AM   #4773

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzray View Post
sorry.. first time doing this walmart bin thing... so the vudu codes are given for any movies which are not there in the blu ray case from the receipt scan ? and where do we have to scan them ?

TIA
It's alright... And yes, the movies without code slips usually have to be scanned to get codes. Assuming you have a smartphone, you just download the walmart app, open up the savings catcher and scan the QR code. Then you receive a notification (almost instantly) that the movies are ready to be added to your vudu account.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:45 AM   #4774
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
Dump Bin
-
-
-
-

Also, check the back of the Vudu stickers. Sometimes the codes are printed there rather than on a slip inside the case.
Muhahahaha! 😈
Thanks given by:
OhioBobcat3 (08-31-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 03:19 PM   #4775

Oct 2009
New England

If it's any consolation, I purchased the Kill Bill double feature back in April— the day after the code had expired.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #4776
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2013
Twin Cities, MN (USA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick Pirate View Post
If it's any consolation, I purchased the Kill Bill double feature back in April— the day after the code had expired.
I'll bet the code will redeem if you still have it. Worth a shot.
And so castles made of sand, melts into the sea eventually

Wants UV HD •Angel Heart •As Above, So Below •Batman 60's Series •Clerks 2 •Duel •Enemies Closer •The Faculty •Jacob's Ladder •The Loft •Mrs. Doubtfire •Project Almanac •Rambo: First Blood Part II •Rambo III •Working Girl
Wants Disney •Beauty and The Beast •Cars •Toy Story
Old 08-31-2015, 07:41 PM   #4777
Expert Member

Jan 2010
Gulf of Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy View Post
I'll bet the code will redeem if you still have it. Worth a shot.
It will still work. I purchased Kill Bill 1/2 a month or 2 back and got the Instawatch copy off the receipt. Inside the case was 2 individual codes for each of the movies. I traded them in PiF and the recipient was able to redeem them just fine.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:05 PM   #4778

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrj23 View Post
It's alright... And yes, the movies without code slips usually have to be scanned to get codes. Assuming you have a smartphone, you just download the walmart app, open up the savings catcher and scan the QR code. Then you receive a notification (almost instantly) that the movies are ready to be added to your vudu account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Also, check the back of the Vudu stickers. Sometimes the codes are printed there rather than on a slip inside the case.
Thanks All

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFelon View Post
It will still work. I purchased Kill Bill 1/2 a month or 2 back and got the Instawatch copy off the receipt. Inside the case was 2 individual codes for each of the movies. I traded them in PiF and the recipient was able to redeem them just fine.
what if I want to sell the vudu code ? will my scan from the receipt let the code used up soon after I scan or will give me actual codes after qr scan ? so I can manually use them or sell them.

I believe walmart has collabrated with vudu that the movies will get added instantly to the vudu account linked with walmart.com account .. if i remember correctly.. so there is no way i can sell the vudu codes ? i don't have any vudu account.. and all my addiction as of now is collecting physical copies.. a little slow to this once I get teh wave to move to digital only I will care about these digital codes that come along with each blu rays.. but as of now anything that can help in saving the cost of owning the blu's is really helpful..

TIA
Old 08-31-2015, 08:15 PM   #4779

Jan 2014
Mount Vernon, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumdogg View Post
It's a fairly good movie. I thought they were making a sequel (i.e. Ocean's 12 & 13), but haven't heard news.

Nice with the slip!
Finally got around to watch it. I thought is was a really good movie. I kinda guessed the twist ending about halfway through the film.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals