Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Gamer 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.00

Dream Big: Engineering Our World 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.95

Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.85

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.33

Ghost in the Shell 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.28
22 hrs ago
Finding Nemo 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.48

Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 01-31-2013, 04:31 AM   #1

Jan 2013
Default oz: the great and powerful (march 8, 2013)

directed by sam raimi and starring james franco and mila kunis.

i rented frankenweenie and this was the trailer for it and wow!
looked unbelievably awesome.. i didn't want frankenweenie to start and wanted to keep watching oz. aha.

anyone have any idea when this will be on blu-ray? i can't go to the theatre.
can't wait.

oh, and "epic the movie" was on another trailer and also looked pretty awesome but oz had me drooling.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:41 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012

I'll see this just for Mila Kunis
Old 01-31-2013, 04:42 AM   #3

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
I'll see this just for Mila Kunis
haha i'm right with you there... mila in 3d.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer6 View Post
directed by sam raimi and starring james franco and mila kunis.

i rented frankenweenie and this was the trailer for it and wow!
looked unbelievably awesome.. i didn't want frankenweenie to start and wanted to keep watching oz. aha.

anyone have any idea when this will be on blu-ray? i can't go to the theatre.
can't wait.

oh, and "epic the movie" was on another trailer and also looked pretty awesome but oz had me drooling.
Was it the newer trailer in 3D now in theaters with the Flying Monkey? Yes, the 3D is looking promising. I'll check this one out. Sam Raimi is a great director IMO. For horror, check out his Evil Dead movies and his more recent Drag Me to Hell (as bad as the title might seem, it was a really good horror movie), and yes, the great Spider Man trilogy with Toby.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 02-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #5

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Was it the newer trailer in 3D now in theaters with the Flying Monkey? Yes, the 3D is looking promising. I'll check this one out. Sam Raimi is a great director IMO. For horror, check out his Evil Dead movies and his more recent Drag Me to Hell (as bad as the title might seem, it was a really good horror movie), and yes, the great Spider Man trilogy with Toby.
yep that's the one, it started out in black and white with the tornado and stuff and then went color.. and had flying monkeys.

Last edited by explorer6; 02-01-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #6
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer6 View Post
yep that's the one, it started out in black and white with the tornado and stuff and then went color.. and had flying monkeys.
Cool.

A few more details on the 2nd Trailer: The companion Monkey is talking with James Franco and Milas Kunis, (spelling?) around the plan that Franco had scribbled into the sand. The monkey sneezes and the plan blows into dust. Then they jump off the edge and the Monkey Pal is able to fly. I wish I knew the monkey's name, but not sure they mentioned it. It was as computer animated Monkey in a blue suit with wings and he could talk. 3D looked great.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 02-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #7
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Cool.

A few more details on the 2nd Trailer: The companion Monkey is talking with James Franco and Milas Kunis, (spelling?) around the plan that Franco had scribbled into the sand. The monkey sneezes and the plan blows into dust. Then they jump off the edge and the Monkey Pal is able to fly. I wish I knew the monkey's name, but not sure they mentioned it. It was as computer animated Monkey in a blue suit with wings and he could talk. 3D looked great.
lol I enjoyed the monkey in the new trailer and yes the 3d did look great. Not a big fan of the Wizard of Oz, but I'm probably gonna see it for the 3d and the talent involved.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
lol I enjoyed the monkey in the new trailer and yes the 3d did look great. Not a big fan of the Wizard of Oz, but I'm probably gonna see it for the 3d and the talent involved.
Agreed. I would rather see a new Hobbit or action movie in 3D first, but this looks entertaining in an Alice in Wonderland 3D way, plus Sam Raimi is the director. James Franco was good in Spiderman.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #9

Oct 2012
Disney Oz the Great and Powerful (2013) Blu-ray 3D [Region Free]

Anyone see this yet? I really want to go, and am curious as what others are saying. I've heard the 3D is good and the special effects are good, but the acting and script, not so much.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

I'm waiting for the 3D blu release. Have heard good reviews for both the movie and the 3D though.
PLEASE take a look at my NEW home theater gallery pics!!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #11

Jan 2013

I saw it last night. I really enjoyed it. The 3D was really good. I'm more a fan of depth than "pop-out" stuff and I really enjoyed it. There were still a few good "pop-out" moments. Normally I'm not a fan of 3D, but it really worked in this film.

As for the acting, I think people are missing the point. This movie takes place in a time where everything was overacted. Oz himself was a magician in a travelling circus. Aren't they supposed to overact? Honestly, I think Franco nailed it.

If you're a big fan of The Wizard of Oz you will catch little things throughout that pay tribute to the original.

Overall, it is a fun movie with good performances and great 3D. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
TV - Samsung 65" LED UN65FH6001, Samsung 50" Plasma PN50C540G3FXZC
Blu Ray Player - PS3 Slim 320 GB, Samsung BD-D5700
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V573
Centre Channel - Pioneer S-H053C-K,
Front Speakers - Paradigm bookshelf speakers,
Surround Speakers - Energy Connoisseur CB-10
Rear Speakers - Dynamic Audio Pro Poly Series 1901
SUBS - Polk PSW-108, Sony SA-WMSP4
Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

I thought the 3D was fantastic, not only with pop-out moments, but the depth, notably looking down the cyclone, and falling down a waterfall - had the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight out ...

and man oh man - the Dolby Atmos mix was outstanding!!!! even if there's no Atmos theater near you, at least hear this in 7.1
Old 03-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007

I saw the movie this morning and LOVED IT! Well written, terrific effects, and without a doubt the best 3D movie I have seen in a theatre. If you love pop-outs, this movie has it. You will be dodging spears and reaching for little fluff pieces floating out of the screen. By the way, I saw it on an IMAX 3D screen. I highly recommend seeing it that way.

I give it a 10/10.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:53 AM   #14
Special Member

Oct 2010

This was an extremely fun movie. I enjoyed it from the minute it started until it ended. Lots of action and the 3D really helped bring it all to life. Highly recommended on a big screen, and definitely in 3D.
PSN ID: GamerBoy14

VIZIO E420d-A0 42-inch 1080p 120Hz LED Smart 3D HDTV
250GB Slim PS3/500GB PS4
DirecTV Plus HR24 HD DVR
Sony HT-CT150 3D Sound Bar System
Old 03-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009

You guys have me excited. Going to see this tonight and really looking forward to it.
Does it kill you to use a question mark when asking a question? -- O V N

Do you ever listen to hip hop anymore bootsy? -Ray 'Look Mom, I Just Made Mixtape' Jackson
Old 03-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010

Just got back from seeing it and the 3D was fantastic Great depth through out with some good in your face moments... As for the movie itself i really enjoyed it..... The wicked witches were really well done ( Theodora was scary) and James Franco was pretty good as well...... Day 1 purchase when this comes to 3D Blu-ray.....
EPSON 5030UB PROJECTOR - 100" ELITE SCREEN
RECEIVER - DENON AVR-X4300H 7.2.4 ATMOS - SONY UBP-X800 ULTRA HD BLU-RAY PLAYER
FRONT SPEAKERS - BOWERS & WILKINS 684 - CENTER - BOWERS & WILKINS HTM62
REARS - BOWERS & WILKINS i DM600
SIDES - PREMIER ACOUSTIC - PA-8S
ATMOS SPEAKERS - ONKYO ATMOS ENABLED FRONT AND REAR
SUBWOOFERS - KLIPSCH SUB 12HG SYNERGY 650 WATT REAR - PREMIER ACOUSTIC PA-120 650 WATT
BASS SHAKERS - 2 CLARK TRANSDUCERS + BASH AMP
Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #17
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieFanatic2010 View Post
Just got back from seeing it and the 3D was fantastic Great depth through out with some good in your face moments... As for the movie itself i really enjoyed it..... The wicked witches were really well done ( Theodora was scary) and James Franco was pretty good as well...... Day 1 purchase when this comes to 3D Blu-ray.....
I think Theodora was my favorite character.
PSN ID: GamerBoy14

VIZIO E420d-A0 42-inch 1080p 120Hz LED Smart 3D HDTV
250GB Slim PS3/500GB PS4
DirecTV Plus HR24 HD DVR
Sony HT-CT150 3D Sound Bar System
Old 03-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #18

Dec 2011
Vienna, VA

Saw in IMAX this morning. One of the top 3d movies. Beautiful colors and great 3d. My wife loves it also and she's not a 3D fan. The movie itself is very good.

They did show about 5 mins of Jurassic Park 3D and I'm very impressed with it.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #19
Special Member

Apr 2012
Thumbs up

Saw this today. The 3D in it was excellent, really good use of it,lots of pop and plenty of depth.

The movie itself is really enjoyable,lots of fun really. If you liked the Hobbit, then you may like this. It reminded me of it anyway, though I fell asleep in The Hobbit.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
California!

The 3D was amazing. And anyone criticizing the acting didn't realize that it takes place in 1905, I thought the beginning of the movie (B&W sequence) was one of the best scenes. It felt like you really watching an old movie especially with that fantastic actress in the beginning (the woman from This Means War and she was supposed
[Show spoiler]to raise her hand
.), she was did a fantastic job making it seem like it was an old film, unless it was just me who thought that. But James did a great job along with Mila!

One of the Best 3D Films yet!
Best Film of 2015: Weepah Way for Now
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies