Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
It (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Purge: 3-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.18
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Justice League: The New Frontier (Blu-ray)
$17.90
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray)
$14.99
DC Universe: 10th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$211.39
Get Out (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Night of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$8.11
Taken 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Expanse: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$20.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #181
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
1100
123
126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Troll View Post
It has some funny moments but it is wayyyy to dark to be a comedy
Would you say the same about Fargo or any other Coen movie? This is definitely a dark comedy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #182
remake remake is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2011
1
160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
What a fascinating life you must lead then. I don't know how you find time to watch movies with so much excitement (well, for you, average) going on around you.
All the stuff listed is stuff we've seen a million times before. #Generic
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #183
xander xander is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
xander's Avatar
 
May 2008
Just Outside of the Alliance's Reach
528
4
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by remake View Post
All the stuff listed is stuff we've seen a million times before. #Generic
That doesn't make those actions normal though. You're confusing you being de-sensitized with movie violence versus subject matter being dark. Just because you have seen a couple dozen kids killed and it bores you now doesn't mean killing kids isn't dark subject matter anymore.
"Nikko was easy. Now it's your turn. One night you'll close your eyes, and when they open I'll be there. It'll be time to die." - Matt F'in Hunter
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #184
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
1100
123
126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
That doesn't make those actions normal though. You're confusing you being de-sensitized with movie violence versus subject matter being dark. Just because you have seen a couple dozen kids killed and it bores you now doesn't mean killing kids isn't dark subject matter anymore.
I don't know how anyone could say
[Show spoiler]barbecuing a person's limbs
is not dark.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #185
Sky_Captain Sky_Captain is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Sky_Captain's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1291
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike View Post
It is a pitch black comedy and the most I have laughed all year
The Rock in this and James Franco in Spring Breakers, are two of the funniest performances I've had the pleasure to watch, in ages.
LG 55B6V OLED - Sony UBP-X800 4K Player - Sony BDP-S5200 Region A BD Player - Xbox One S - PS4 500gb - Toshiba HD-EP 30 HD DVD Player- Yer Ma
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #186
rockstarnati rockstarnati is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
rockstarnati's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Schoolcraft, MI
26
331
25
804
88
240
Default

I haven't finished watching this yet, but I can already tell it's not something I care enough to own on Blu-ray. I'll definitely be selling my Vudu preorder once it arrives. So far, it's looking like this will probably turn out to be the biggest disappointment for me since Spring Breakers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #187
MasterChief3624 MasterChief3624 is offline
Special Member
 
MasterChief3624's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
The Rock in this and James Franco in Spring Breakers, are two of the funniest performances I've had the pleasure to watch, in ages.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstarnati View Post
I haven't finished watching this yet, but I can already tell it's not something I care enough to own on Blu-ray. I'll definitely be selling my Vudu preorder once it arrives. So far, it's looking like this will probably turn out to be the biggest disappointment for me since Spring Breakers.
Irony? Or Coincidence? That these two posts are polar opposites and came right after each other?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #188
YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan is offline
Expert Member
 
YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
61
8
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Troll View Post
It has some funny moments but it is wayyyy to dark to be a comedy
You mean a dark comedy; this movie is a dark comedy in every way; I mean how can you make a movie based on a story in which the killers forgot to put gas in the chainsaw and when they go out to get some on the way back they get the bright idea to stop at Subway.

1.How do you forget to put gas in a chainsaw.

2. These guys had bodies to dismember and yet they stop at Subway for bite to eat, brilliant criminal mind at work here.

How can you not make that into a dark comedy.
My Reaction to every true story movie from now on:
"I'll assume it ends with Dwayne Johnson grilling the finger prints off severed hands."
-The Cinema Snob (April 30, 2013)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #189
Jumpman Jumpman is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jumpman's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Durham, NC
164
26
341
7
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan View Post
You mean a dark comedy; this movie is a dark comedy in every way; I mean how can you make a movie based on a story in which the killers forgot to put gas in the chainsaw and when they go out to get some on the way back they get the bright idea to stop at Subway.

1.How do you forget to put gas in a chainsaw.

2. These guys had bodies to dismember and yet they stop at Subway for bite to eat, brilliant criminal mind at work here.

How can you not make that into a dark comedy.
Exactly. Watched it again today and this is Bay's best work by far...
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:06 AM   #190
YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan is offline
Expert Member
 
YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
61
8
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
Exactly. Watched it again today and this is Bay's best work by far...
Not only is it Bay's best work, but the best film of 2013 so far (This is the End is a close second)
My Reaction to every true story movie from now on:
"I'll assume it ends with Dwayne Johnson grilling the finger prints off severed hands."
-The Cinema Snob (April 30, 2013)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:11 AM   #191
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
1100
123
126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan View Post
Not only is it Bay's best work, but the best film of 2013 so far (This is the End is a close second)
I'll attribute that to you being "young" and "crazy".


P.S. I'm young too, so just kidding.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #192
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is offline
Blu-ray Emperor
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
855
542
102
36
466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Smoove View Post
I'll attribute that to you being "young" and "crazy".


P.S. I'm young too, so just kidding.
Damn young people.
Biggest Jen fan! Red Sparrow 3/2/18 in 156 Days - X-Men: Dark Phoenix 11/2/18 in 401 days. mother! now in theaters everywhere. seen it 4 times so far.

We got lost along the way, but we found each other. And we made a life. A beautiful life... together. - Aurora
Jennifer Lawrence Appreciation Thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:16 AM   #193
YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan is offline
Expert Member
 
YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
61
8
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Smoove View Post
I'll attribute that to you being "young" and "crazy".


P.S. I'm young too, so just kidding.
I may be young but that doesn't mean I don't know what makes a good movie.
My Reaction to every true story movie from now on:
"I'll assume it ends with Dwayne Johnson grilling the finger prints off severed hands."
-The Cinema Snob (April 30, 2013)
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #194
Jumpman Jumpman is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jumpman's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Durham, NC
164
26
341
7
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan View Post
Not only is it Bay's best work, but the best film of 2013 so far (This is the End is a close second)
I'd say it's one of the more interesting films of 2013. Don't know about the best. But, the film is just beautifully weird, crazy, and dripping with overt subtext. And make no mistake, it's a riot. Flat out hilarious.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #195
emmikay emmikay is offline
Member
 
emmikay's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Virginia
267
7
258
Default

My Walmart pre-order came in the mail today!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #196
Sman Sman is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2012
363
Default

Hopefully my Walmart pre-order comes in today as well. Watched the VUDU copy monday and it looked really good in 720p can't wait to watch it again in 1080p.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #197
Nightman04 Nightman04 is offline
Power Member
 
Nightman04's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
1360
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngcrazyblu-rayfan View Post
[Show spoiler]you mean a dark comedy; this movie is a dark comedy in every way; i mean how can you make a movie based on a story in which the killers forgot to put gas in the chainsaw and when they go out to get some on the way back they get the bright idea to stop at subway.

1.how do you forget to put gas in a chainsaw.

2. These guys had bodies to dismember and yet they stop at subway for bite to eat, brilliant criminal mind at work here.

How can you not make that into a dark comedy.
use spoilers!!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #198
Kaiju Kaiju is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kaiju's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
AZ
51
Default

I actually liked this movie. Not enough to get it for full price, but hopefully it's a great price during Black Friday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #199
ssjgoku90501 ssjgoku90501 is offline
Power Member
 
ssjgoku90501's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Moreno Valley, CA
398
97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungCrazyBlu-RayFan View Post
I may be young but that doesn't mean I don't know what makes a good movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #200
JeffTheMovieGuy JeffTheMovieGuy is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JeffTheMovieGuy's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
316
Default

Picking this up today.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:08 AM.