Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Independence Day: Resurgence 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.51

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.54

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.95

The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$18.49
14 hrs ago
Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.47
14 hrs ago
National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.89

Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.81

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 10-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #821
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Except robbed of all grain and detail..........so maybe not so good.
Sitting closer to the set, yes, the lack of grain, smoothed out in the 3D version, is definitely noticeable despite the stronger 3D. Many titles in 3D don't worry about trying to smooth out the 3D, as with GI Joe Retaliation 3D for example, which looks great even with the grain in 3D.

I usually sit farther back, so the smoothing is not a big deal here, but I can definitely understand why it bothers others who sit closer.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 11-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #822
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Very odd. I watched this last night and the ghosting was rather bad in 3D. I've watched on a number of 3D Blus on my set-up and never encountered this issue. What gives?
JVC DLA-RS440 UHD front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100 CinemaScope 9 foot wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300B plasma (ISF pro-cal'd)
Oppo UDP-203 & BDP-103D
Denon AVR-X3000 (Audyssey pro-cal'd with REW)
MartinLogan Motion XT35 (fronts)
MartinLogan Motion 4 (surrounds x 3)
Rythmik dual L12 subs
Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #823
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

I had the exact same problem with my previous TV. There's something about this encode which can provoke very bad crosstalk on some active TVs. But once I switched from an active display to a passive one, the crosstalk in JP was all but eliminated.

(The conversion itself still looks a tad forced IMO, like it's trying too hard, but it's not a bad effort at all. Shame about the DNR and the spray-tanned skin tones though.)
Old 11-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #824
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Interesting. Leave it to Universal.

After the annoying ghosting, I tried watching the 3D in 2D and while there were aspects of the transfer I liked, the skins tones were just too orange and the noise reduction too heavy. I switched to the regular 2D version and although it's an older transfer that is not perfect, it holds up pretty well actually and is probably my preferable way to watch this movie given all of the circumstances. I didn't take time to compare the audio tracks between the two discs as I thought I heard the 3D uses a new mix.
JVC DLA-RS440 UHD front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100 CinemaScope 9 foot wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300B plasma (ISF pro-cal'd)
Oppo UDP-203 & BDP-103D
Denon AVR-X3000 (Audyssey pro-cal'd with REW)
MartinLogan Motion XT35 (fronts)
MartinLogan Motion 4 (surrounds x 3)
Rythmik dual L12 subs
Old 11-08-2013, 02:54 AM   #825
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Long Island, NY, USA ; I enjoy watching 3D blu-rays; 41 Blufans steels so far

There is no ghosting on my 55-inch LG 3D Cinema display (passive).
Old 12-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #826
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2011
The Citadel

This is released in the UK today and i just picked up my copy. Can't wait to get home from work later to watch it.
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
Old 12-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #827

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
This is released in the UK today and i just picked up my copy. Can't wait to get home from work later to watch it.
Have to get myself to hmv as it is only 12.99 there for the 3d blu. Bargain!!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #828
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoagogo69 View Post
Have to get myself to hmv as it is only 12.99 there for the 3d blu. Bargain!!
Definitely mate, great price!
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
Old 12-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #829
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Cool. JP's direct 3D conversion is one of the best 3D examples of the year.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 12-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #830
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
England
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Cool. JP's direct 3D conversion is one of the best 3D examples of the year.
Could not agree with you more it was just amazing.
Dr. Peter Venkman: We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
Old 12-19-2013, 02:21 AM   #831
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

So I've been trying to hold off for my mancave before breaking in to my new projector but last night I finally couldn't take it, had to try it out. Hung a sheet in the living room, hooked it up, popped in Jurassic Park.

This is such an amazing conversion, and at 100", holy crap!!

Again though, JP3d is an excellent conversion.
Want to manually convert 2d to 3d yourself and accurately - not with an automated software? Check out my topic and tutorial here.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:58 AM   #832
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith82 View Post

So I've been trying to hold off for my mancave before breaking in to my new projector but last night I finally couldn't take it, had to try it out. Hung a sheet in the living room, hooked it up, popped in Jurassic Park.

This is such an amazing conversion, and at 100", holy crap!!

Again though, JP3d is an excellent conversion.
Agreed. Watched this last week again in 3D and still in awe from the strong 3D. To say otherwise about the 3D would make me wonder what they're comparing this to as few things get better 3D layering than Jurassic Park's stronger 3D than an Imax Movie. Loved the 3D here. Jurassic Park is the best direct 2D to 3D conversion of the Year 2013. Pacific Rim 3D being the best hybrid 3D conversion of 2013.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #833

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Agreed. Watched this last week again in 3D and still in awe from the strong 3D. To say otherwise about the 3D would make me wonder what they're comparing this to as few things get better 3D layering than Jurassic Park's stronger 3D than an Imax Movie. Loved the 3D here. Jurassic Park is the best direct 2D to 3D conversion of the Year 2013. Pacific Rim 3D being the best hybrid 3D conversion of 2013.
Absolutely agree. JP was shockingly amazing with great pq on my passive lg. I was pleasantly surprised by Pacific rim's 3d as I thought it would be average at best.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #834
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

I am tempted to pick this up,especially when I can get it for under 8 but as much as I hear the 3D is very good,the other P/Q issues put me off.....even at that great price.

I already own the 2D disc so stuck in two minds.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #835

Aug 2012
In the woods!

Great conversion! Noticed a little ghosting on my Panasonic , other than that 2 thumbs way up!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #836
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Watched this again today, it's a fantastic conversion. There's so much depth and range to the image, yeah it gets a little cardboard cut-out at times and the ultra-smooth remaster robs it of a lot of detail and texture, but DAMN it's still one enjoyable ride. I always get chills when we get to the first dinosaur reveal, with the music swelling up and the utter amazement of the characters, it's one of the finest scenes in cinema history.

When the T-Rex is trying to eat Lex and Timmy thru the plexiglass roof of the Jeep, WOW what a moment. With the sound design of the hands sliding on the wet glass and the POV shot of the T-Rex in your face, that's one of the most immersive home theater moments I've ever experienced. This release puts the bland 3D of stuff like Winter Soldier and ASM2 to shame.
Thanks given by:
s2mikey (03-27-2018)
Old 09-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #837
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

I've been thinking about double dipping for some time on this release....sounds like it may be worth it.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #838
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiam Hayes View Post
I've been thinking about double dipping for some time on this release....sounds like it may be worth it.
oh its definitely worth it its like watching JP for the first time again
Old 05-08-2015, 04:21 AM   #839
Power Member

Jul 2013
Default Jurassic Park: 3D too strong?

I just got a LG 2015 4K/3D set and have been enjoying a number of 3D movies recently.

I watched the Hobbit movies, Dredd, and 300 Rise. On Netflix, I streamed Beowulf.

Anyway, this morning I located a used Jurassic Park 3D for $15 and couldn't wait to check it out before work.

Ouch! Major eye strain from the moment the menu came on. Is it me or did they push the envelope too far with this conversion?

Every scene so far seems to be abnormally stretched for depth like a fun-house mirror. I've yet to encounter anything else like this.

I'm hoping that the Techs dial it back as the movie proceeds, I had to stop after about 20 minutes.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:23 AM   #840
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009

That doesn't sound right... it has great 3D depth but not too strong. You might need to check your TV's 3D depth setting.
Thanks given by:
ilovenola2 (05-08-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
jurassic, jurassic park, park, spielberg