Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Baby Driver 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Breakfast Club (Blu-ray)
$28.35
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Your Name (Blu-ray)
$61.49
Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
John Wick: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Arrival 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
It 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Pretty Woman (Blu-ray)
$5.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 08-22-2017, 06:41 PM   #3061
Special Member

Feb 2013
Edmonton, AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSandman View Post
Anyone know if the 3D Version of Guardians 2 is Region Free? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guardians-G...alaxy+vol+2+3d

It does say Region B in the product's info
I think I read somewhere that it is region free. Most Disney releases lately have been.
1. "Serve the public trust"
2. "Protect the innocent"
3. "Uphold the law"
Thanks given by:
alull (08-22-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 12:01 AM   #3062
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSandman View Post
Anyone know if the 3D Version of Guardians 2 is Region Free? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guardians-G...alaxy+vol+2+3d

It does say Region B in the product's info
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeant72 View Post
Doesn't look that way:
Region: Region B/2
When are folks going to stop looking at Amazon or Zavvi region information. It's wrong 2/3+ of the time.

Disney hasn't locked a 1st Bluray of an initial theatrical release Bluray since 2010. I'm not aware of a single Disney Marvel that is region locked.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:07 AM   #3063

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
When are folks going to stop looking at Amazon or Zavvi region information. It's wrong 2/3+ of the time.

Disney hasn't locked a 1st Bluray of an initial theatrical release Bluray since 2010. I'm not aware of a single Disney Marvel that is region locked.
The only way anyone would know for certain that is the case is by evidence of someone saying "this exact disc and box specifies region free" by first hand knowledge. Even browsing the UK Gotg2 section of this forum brings no such proof, just the same conjecture that Disney does not region lock their releases. I do believe previous business practice can change, depending upon how Disney treats the UK market. As well, i thought this site was usually accurate in their database, but they specify region b as well.

You can't blame someone for believing a listing, or questioning it, sometimes that's all we have to go by, if not anything but to avoid he headache of int'l returns.
Thanks given by:
MasterSandman (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 02:31 AM   #3064
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animatic33 View Post
As well, i thought this site was usually accurate in their database, but they specify region b as well.

The database here is far more accurate and it actual doesn't say it's Region B locked (it's default Region B b/c it's a Region B release). It just says A and C untested because it's not going to released for another 2 weeks and you can't can't test and confirm something that hasn't been distributed.

When someone here gets a copy, it will be updated.

No reason to believe/quote/or even check a site that has been proven to be worthless just b/c it isn't possible to confirm anything yet. Every preorder UK disc should be considered by default REgion B locked until after release no matter how universal a studio's disc have been Region Free in the past. The psychic says the Dow Jones will be 8000 in 30 days -- who can prove it wrong even though it's incredibly unlikely

Last edited by hariseldon; 08-23-2017 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #3065

Apr 2009
Saskatchewan, Canada
Default Preorders region-free?

I noticed that amazon.co.uk has most of their pre-orders priced at £12.49 once VAT is removed. With the current exchange rate, this is a lot cheaper for titles like Wonder Woman and Spider-man Homecoming than amazon.ca has. Do you think it's safe to assume that all of the new titles should be region-free? Do any of the studios still do region locking?
Old 09-13-2017, 12:36 AM   #3066
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber12 View Post
I noticed that amazon.co.uk has most of their pre-orders priced at £12.49 once VAT is removed. With the current exchange rate, this is a lot cheaper for titles like Wonder Woman and Spider-man Homecoming than amazon.ca has. Do you think it's safe to assume that all of the new titles should be region-free? Do any of the studios still do region locking?
Not sure what items are in that 12.49 range, but I'd say about 75% of UK releases are region free for the movie. 50Hz can be issues for EU TV sets, extras can be hit of miss whether they are Region A compatible.

All 4K discs are region free.

Certain studios BD are nearly 100% region free -- most Warner, Universal, Paramount, and almost most Sony. Items distributed by Disney and initially released theatrically after mid 2010 are have been region free -- older Disney's are about 70% region free.

Many StudioCanal releases are locked. Most Network/ITV items are locked.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:37 PM   #3067

Oct 2010

I got hit with tax because they delivered via UPS this week. A person in another forum told me the trick about using Canada Post flex delivery (where you make an account, generate an address, and can have things mailed to your post office). Hopefully that avoids the fee's in the future. My tax was only 4.88 owed, but $10+gst for the assessment
Old 09-25-2017, 04:35 PM   #3068
Special Member

Feb 2009
NS, Canada

Amazon UK has the same Disney multi-buy as Zavvi on right now:

2 Blu-rays for 15GBP / 2 3D Blu-rays for 18GBP

Moana and Beauty and the Beast (live action) are included this time around

As usual, the Marvel titles are NOT included.
Thanks given by:
Darth Vicious (09-25-2017), Rui (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #3069

Sep 2017

Decided to cancel my pre-order of A Fish Called Wanda at Amazon Canada and re-order from Amazon UK. Even with shipping and exchange rate, it's about $10 cheaper than ordering from Canada.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:07 PM   #3070

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

^ Yup. But it's Region B, if that matters. Finally, a decent release of AFCW, took way too long.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:48 PM   #3071
Special Member

Jul 2011
Montreal, QC

Be careful about ordering from Amazon.co.uk. These days, a lot of regular orders are being shipped with UPS. Even at £12.49, you will get charged for custom fees as well as UPS brokerage fees. I hope that they fix that problem soon...
Most Wanted Titles on blu-ray
Suspiria, The Great Silence, The Passenger, La Strada, Far From Heaven, Freaks, The Circus, Le Samourai, Cléo de 5 à 7, Z, Eden, L'apollonide, Trouble Every Day, Beau Travail, Au Hasard Balthazar, Le boucher, Le fantôme de la liberté, Masculin Féminin, Le petit soldat, Bob le flambeur, Irma Vep, Céline et Julie vont en bateau, La loi de la jungle, La maman et la putain, Andrei Rublev, Soy Cuba, Oslo August 31st, Veronika Voss, The Wind that Shakes the Barley
Old 09-25-2017, 11:28 PM   #3072

Aug 2017
Vancouver
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraser View Post
^ Yup. But it's Region B, if that matters. Finally, a decent release of AFCW, took way too long.
According to dvdbeaver's review the disc is region free
Thanks given by:
cfraser (09-26-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 11:32 PM   #3073

Aug 2017
Vancouver
-
-
Default stal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan77 View Post
Be careful about ordering from Amazon.co.uk. These days, a lot of regular orders are being shipped with UPS. Even at £12.49, you will get charged for custom fees as well as UPS brokerage fees. I hope that they fix that problem soon...
All my orders have been sent via regular mail, but the shipping address I use with Amazon is listed as a PO Box. (I am in an apartment, with postal boxes only accessible to Canada Post)
Old 09-26-2017, 12:32 AM   #3074
Contributor

Aug 2011

u can also sign up for flex delivery https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pag...rl|pdn|nr|1702 free p.o at any postal outlet. then theres no chance they ship with ups. service is 100% free just bring ur id when u go to pick it up.

i been using this scents they did a random upgrade on a package a month ago. ups wanted $18 in tax/fees for a 12.49 pound item. i told ups to send it back and re ordered it to flex delivery they shipped it by royal mail instead.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:28 AM   #3075

Sep 2017

Quote:
Nope. All of Arrow Video's concurrent UK-North American releases are Region A & B compatible. Apart from the ratings logos and other minor cosmetic differences, they are exactly the same package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan77 View Post
I've been ordering from Amazon UK for a long time, as well as Amazon France, Germany and Italy. My most recent order was less than a month ago. All of my orders from these various sites are always sent via Royal Mail from the distribution centre in Dunfermline, Scotland.
Thanks given by:
alull (09-26-2017), cfraser (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #3076

Mar 2010

I pre-ordered Shock Treatment from Arrow Video some time ago. Amazon uk shipped it with UPS, I received it in two days. On the other hand, I have to pay 16,XX$ in customs fees. My movie was all flattened. On both sides there were folding marks. I contacted the customer service department. They ordered a replacement right away, but I contacted him again to get a refund instead. Another person answered and I'll have it. Strangely, he ordered a third copy without canceling the second. Both replacement copies were also shipped with UPS. I received both in two days, I did not pay any fees on the second, but a 12,XX$ fee were due for the third one, I refused it. The worst part of all this is that the replacement copy was worse than the first one...

This release is really not of quality. Arrow should not have used soft cardboard for the box. Remaind me of Bride of Reanimator...

I made a Flex delivery address after that. They sent my Blade Runner 4K boxset with Royal Mail. It would take longer, but no more pain in the ass!
Thanks given by:
alull (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 04:40 PM   #3077

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

Thanks for the correction on the UK Arrow A Fish Called Wanda guys! Should have known better than to trust the amazon region, but you know, on the *day* this was announced, Arrow did say it would be Region B...I never checked back.

And I have to say that the all "concurrent" releases are A+B: that makes complete sense for Arrow to do that of course, but so far only *one* of the Arrow BDs I've got has been A+B so I didn't have a good handle on it. I just leave the BDP's region set to B (it's a "dedicated" player for that) and all's good.

Last edited by cfraser; 09-26-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Thanks given by:
RCRochester (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 04:49 PM   #3078

Sep 2017

Quote:
Thanks for the correction on the UK Arrow A Fish Called Wanda guys! Should have known better than to trust the amazon region, but you know, on the *day* this was announced, Arrow did say it would be Region B...I never checked back.

And I have to say that the all "concurrent" releases are A+B: that makes complete sense for Arrow to do that of course, but so far only *one* of the Arrow BDs I've got has been A+B so I didn't have a good handle on it. I just leave the BDP's region set to B (it's a "dedicated" player for that) and all's good.
Arrow releases can be tricky sometimes. They have some titles that are released in both Region A & B which are compatible with each other, then they also have some releases that are Region B and sometimes even Region A exclusive. But then sometimes titles that are Region B only will still be clandestinely region free, BUT THEN later print runs of those same titles will end up being locked!
Thanks given by:
cfraser (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 04:52 PM   #3079

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

^ Yes, I know, very tricky. I vaguely recall one of their titles that said B but played in a Region A Oppo (I only tried it because someone on a forum said it would), so even the packaging may be incorrect.

And BTW, the official Arrow site still lists the BD as Region B. And to be fair, I should also say, be wary of what you read on DVDB, he/they make mistakes too, and I've noticed they are rarely corrected.

Last edited by cfraser; 09-26-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:09 PM   #3080

Sep 2017

Quote:
^ Yes, I know, very tricky. I vaguely recall one of their titles that said B but played in a Region A Oppo (I only tried it because someone on a forum said it would), so even the packaging may be incorrect.

And BTW, the official Arrow site still lists the BD as Region B. And to be fair, I should also say, be wary of what you read on DVDB, he/they make mistakes too, and I've noticed they are rarely corrected.
Absolutely. His review of Arrow's Willie Dynamite (which was not released in North America) states that it is Region B locked, but my copy of that release is region free.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals