Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie C… $22.99 (1 hour left)
Now: Lucy 4K $9.99 (4 hours left)
Now: The Magnificent Seven 4K $14.44 (4 hours left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
I Kill Giants (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
The Day After (Blu-ray)
$19.98
5 hrs ago
Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

The Naked Gun Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$10.06
9 hrs ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Book Club (Blu-ray)
$19.96

The Lost City of Z (Blu-ray)
$4.99

The Disaster Artist (Blu-ray)
$11.99
7 hrs ago
The Tree of Life (Blu-ray)
$22.89

Devilman Complete OVA Series (Blu-ray)
$19.29
7 hrs ago
Deadpool 1 + 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 09-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #3061

Mar 2010
Canada

I pre-ordered Shock Treatment from Arrow Video some time ago. Amazon uk shipped it with UPS, I received it in two days. On the other hand, I have to pay 16,XX$ in customs fees. My movie was all flattened. On both sides there were folding marks. I contacted the customer service department. They ordered a replacement right away, but I contacted him again to get a refund instead. Another person answered and I'll have it. Strangely, he ordered a third copy without canceling the second. Both replacement copies were also shipped with UPS. I received both in two days, I did not pay any fees on the second, but a 12,XX$ fee were due for the third one, I refused it. The worst part of all this is that the replacement copy was worse than the first one...

This release is really not of quality. Arrow should not have used soft cardboard for the box. Remaind me of Bride of Reanimator...

I made a Flex delivery address after that. They sent my Blade Runner 4K boxset with Royal Mail. It would take longer, but no more pain in the ass!
Thanks given by:
alull (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 04:40 PM   #3062
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

Thanks for the correction on the UK Arrow A Fish Called Wanda guys! Should have known better than to trust the amazon region, but you know, on the *day* this was announced, Arrow did say it would be Region B...I never checked back.

And I have to say that the all "concurrent" releases are A+B: that makes complete sense for Arrow to do that of course, but so far only *one* of the Arrow BDs I've got has been A+B so I didn't have a good handle on it. I just leave the BDP's region set to B (it's a "dedicated" player for that) and all's good.

Last edited by cfraser; 09-26-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Thanks given by:
RCRochester (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 04:49 PM   #3063
Power Member

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraser View Post
Thanks for the correction on the UK Arrow A Fish Called Wanda guys! Should have known better than to trust the amazon region, but you know, on the *day* this was announced, Arrow did say it would be Region B...I never checked back.

And I have to say that the all "concurrent" releases are A+B: that makes complete sense for Arrow to do that of course, but so far only *one* of the Arrow BDs I've got has been A+B so I didn't have a good handle on it. I just leave the BDP's region set to B (it's a "dedicated" player for that) and all's good.
Arrow releases can be tricky sometimes. They have some titles that are released in both Region A & B which are compatible with each other, then they also have some releases that are Region B and sometimes even Region A exclusive. But then sometimes titles that are Region B only will still be clandestinely region free, BUT THEN later print runs of those same titles will end up being locked!
Thanks given by:
cfraser (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 04:52 PM   #3064
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

^ Yes, I know, very tricky. I vaguely recall one of their titles that said B but played in a Region A Oppo (I only tried it because someone on a forum said it would), so even the packaging may be incorrect.

And BTW, the official Arrow site still lists the BD as Region B. And to be fair, I should also say, be wary of what you read on DVDB, he/they make mistakes too, and I've noticed they are rarely corrected.

Last edited by cfraser; 09-26-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:09 PM   #3065
Power Member

Sep 2017

Quote:
^ Yes, I know, very tricky. I vaguely recall one of their titles that said B but played in a Region A Oppo (I only tried it because someone on a forum said it would), so even the packaging may be incorrect.

And BTW, the official Arrow site still lists the BD as Region B. And to be fair, I should also say, be wary of what you read on DVDB, he/they make mistakes too, and I've noticed they are rarely corrected.
Absolutely. His review of Arrow's Willie Dynamite (which was not released in North America) states that it is Region B locked, but my copy of that release is region free.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #3066
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

One other thing about ordering from UK amazon: I've found that I get BDs in the best condition, pristine in fact, when I order 2 at a time. That is, two regular-sized BD cases. They mail these in a large cardboard envelope, with the BDs side-by-side. It looks all very unprotective, but it actually works very well. So far... And comes very quickly. To a community mailbox in my case.

As opposed to UPS stuff that looks like it has tire tracks on it most of the time.

I need to find another UK title I want, that's why I haven't ordered AFCW yet. I really went a bit overboard on UK titles when our $ vs GBP was really good a short while ago. [Edit: fixed, Ice Cold In Alex is back to a reasonable price after being ridiculous for quite a while, been wanting that one too.]

Last edited by cfraser; 09-26-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:31 AM   #3067
Expert Member

Oct 2013
Mustafar, Canada
Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDmark View Post
Amazon UK has the same Disney multi-buy as Zavvi on right now:

2 Blu-rays for 15GBP / 2 3D Blu-rays for 18GBP

Moana and Beauty and the Beast (live action) are included this time around

As usual, the Marvel titles are NOT included.
Thanks for the heads up on this and others on the Canada Post PO.
I ordered Beauty and the Beast 3D and Frozen 3D. Hope this works out smooth, I still want a 3D version of Terminator 2 and jolly old England seems to be the best option.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:50 AM   #3068

Jun 2009

Just a heads up: I have a 4-item order with Amazon.co.uk waiting on Baby Driver 4K to be released so I got spooked by all the recent UPS talk. I sent them an email about it.. and they promptly sent a message to their fulfilment centre asking them to ship my order with Royal Mail instead of UPS(!!).
Thanks given by:
HDmark (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 02:06 AM   #3069
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by alull View Post
Just a heads up: I have a 4-item order with Amazon.co.uk waiting on Baby Driver 4K to be released so I got spooked by all the recent UPS talk. I sent them an email about it.. and they promptly sent a message to their fulfilment centre asking them to ship my order with Royal Mail instead of UPS(!!).
hopefully that works out for ur order. but idk sometimes amazon c/s will just tell u what u want hear to get rid of u.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:17 AM   #3070

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron158 View Post
hopefully that works out for ur order. but idk sometimes amazon c/s will just tell u what u want hear to get rid of u.

They've been very helpful all these years. I sent one email so I don't think he was anxious to get rid of me.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:26 PM   #3071
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

I just noticed that an order I placed the other day got shipped by UPS i-parcel. First time UPS from them. They mailed each disc separately, so each package is well under $20, and there shouldn't be any taxes etc. Anybody have experience with this sub-$20 stuff from UK via UPS, will they still try to collect? [And I don't like that they split my order, UK amazon has never done that before since I don't select that option. Especially for UPS shipment, for the reason I said yesterday.]

Hope the order I made yesterday isn't UPS, they'll surely try to collect on that one if it is...it's already mailed but no carrier showing (?).

Last edited by cfraser; 09-27-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:51 PM   #3072
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
I just noticed that an order I placed the other day got shipped by UPS i-parcel. First time UPS from them. They mailed each disc separately, so each package is well under $20, and there shouldn't be any taxes etc. Anybody have experience with this sub-$20 stuff from UK via UPS, will they still try to collect? [And I don't like that they split my order, UK amazon has never done that before since I don't select that option. Especially for UPS shipment, for the reason I said yesterday.]

Hope the order I made yesterday isn't UPS, they'll surely try to collect on that one if it is...it's already mailed but no carrier showing (?).
i parcel is one of those services that will transfer over to canada post once it gets to canada. u only have to worry if the use ups express.
Thanks given by:
alull (09-27-2017), cfraser (09-27-2017), HDmark (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 07:12 PM   #3073
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:

Why not use FlexDelivery to be safe?
My Top 5 Movies of All Time:
1. Forrest Gump
2. Back to the Future Part 1 & Back to the Future Part 2
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 09-27-2017, 07:29 PM   #3074
Expert Member

Dec 2013
Canada

I've got two single-item shipments coming... they messed up with one of the orders, now they're expediting the shipment - hoping this doesn't mean UPS.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #3075
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
Why not use FlexDelivery to be safe?
It's never been required because I get stuff delivered to my mailbox. Supposedly, UPS won't deliver to mailboxes. [I think aaron explained this: i-parcel won't be delivering to a mailbox, it'll be CP doing that.]

FlexDelivery would be my absolutely last choice, at this point. Depends where I have to go: i.e. is it worse or better than my mailbox around the corner? Bet it's "worse"...

Bottom line: UK amazon, don't use UPS since the amount we're paying always has been and still is good for e.g. Royal Mail instead. Use that! I'll send an email like aaron did if it continues.

Last edited by cfraser; 09-27-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:48 PM   #3076
Contributor

Aug 2011

FlexDelivery can be set up for any postal outlet so u can set it up for one close to home work school ect. u live in TO so theres probably like a million locations to choose from there. here in london theres quite a few and i have one with in a 5 min walk so its worth 5 mins to avoid any chance that ups gets used.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #3077
Special Member

Oct 2011
Ontario

Quote:
u can also sign up for flex delivery https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pag...rl|pdn|nr|1702 free p.o at any postal outlet. then theres no chance they ship with ups. service is 100% free just bring ur id when u go to pick it up.

i been using this scents they did a random upgrade on a package a month ago. ups wanted $18 in tax/fees for a 12.49 pound item. i told ups to send it back and re ordered it to flex delivery they shipped it by royal mail instead.
Yep, this is what happened to me with Don't Torture a Duckling today. I won't be paying $16 to UPS for something Canada Post does for no extra charge. I'll just have it sent back. Not sure if I'll re-order. I'll probably just wait for an arrow video sale now. Why is Amazon UK sending things UPS all of a sudden? I'm fine waiting 1-2 weeks, rather than paying double the price to get it in 2 days.

Edit: also thanks for the Flexdelivery info, I didn't realize that existed. I'll just use that for all my imports from now on. It's 2 minutes away from me.
Trailer for my new horror short: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECz5AuD3Kxc

Last edited by Lacrymosa; 09-28-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:03 PM   #3078
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

Quote:
FlexDelivery can be set up for any postal outlet so u can set it up for one close to home work school ect. u live in TO so theres probably like a million locations to choose from there. here in london theres quite a few and i have one with in a 5 min walk so its worth 5 mins to avoid any chance that ups gets used.
I'm not actually in Toronto, near it, I just say TO area so people have a rough idea of where, instead of naming a nonentity town that could be anywhere...

The nearest FlexDelivery place here in the outlying burbs is a lot farther away than my own mailbox around the corner (used to be right across the street, but neighbor didn't like it) that doesn't have hours or require ID etc.

FlexDelivery is not really meant for people like me, since I'm almost always going to go home, if allowed...so the mailbox is always at least as handy as anything else could be.

As I've said before, so got thrown by this UPS/i-parcel thing, is that I was told UPS will not deliver to a mailbox. And that amazon (all of them) know I have a mailbox, so they won't use UPS if fees are involved. So I should have guessed that i-parcel would be handing-off to CP...I just sort of "panicked" at seeing UPS for a foreign shipment! Not an anti-UPS thing at all with me, they are my preferred delivery service for amazon.ca, and I like the drivers who do the route here, they are very good.

Something else I just remembered: CP shut down at least 3 postal outlets around here that would have been good for FlexDelivery. Makes going to the one they didn't close a bit of a nightmare sometimes. In this area, where all the houses are "new" enough that they have mailboxes already, they just haven't seen fit to install any FlexDelivery locations yet. No apartments or such for miles.

Last edited by cfraser; 09-28-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:59 PM   #3079
Power Member

Sep 2017

When you guys say that UPS won't deliver to "mailboxes" do you mean PO Boxes? Like, if they see that the address has a PO Box, they won't deliver to that?
Old 09-28-2017, 08:52 PM   #3080
Special Member

Nov 2009
Calgary
Send a message via Yahoo to chaingunsofdoom

With all of the shipping delays from places like Amazon UK that have been happening all year, I'm not surprised they moved some orders from Royal Mail to something like UPS.

When it takes 2 months for an item to arrive, I guess they figured: 'use UPS instead'.

If you check out the RFD forums, there's a "mail processing Canada customs slow" mega-thread. But it seems like some users are reporting orders are arriving in a more normal amount of time now (15 days).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals