Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
It 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.98
Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$45.22
Carrie (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Blu-ray)
$12.97
Your Name (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Superman: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Wailing (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Trailer Trauma 3: 80's Horror-Thon (Blu-ray)
$22.47
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Girl with All the Gifts (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 06-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #1

Apr 2009
Cool Movie Cash! saving our wallets, one movie at a time

Went to see Prometheus last night and wasn't able to use the promo tickets I got with my Alien and Aliens blus
Something about the code being incorrect on the printed off ticket
Thanks Fox, really appreciate that, now I just hope to hear back from fox because I emailed them.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #2

Jan 2011
Toronto!
Cool Movie Cash! saving our wallets, one movie at a time

Hello!

Thought this would be a nifty thread to have around, both for myself and for others.

Just list films that have movie cash for upcoming/new theatrical releases, their expiry date, the value of 'cash' and the cost of the blu-ray. Well, just put up whatever you want, I guess we can all fill in the blanks

Right now there's a pretty standardized Prometheus Movie Cash offer throughout the major retailers. Walmart, Futureshop (and Best Buy?) have a bunch of Fox movies on sale for $10 (plus tax), with a $10 coupon code (redeemable online) for the brand new Ridley Scott film, Prometheus. I've used this coupon code successfully.

Here are the movies:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/categ...ovieoffer.aspx

Dreamworks (I think that's the studio) also has one going on for Madagascar 3. I've seen a bunch of Blu's (and dvds) at Wal-Mart with a children's movie ticket offer for M3 on them, but I didn't see the Blu's price (I think the CHILDREN'S ticket was worth up to $8 or so). There are some cool movies in this promotion (Kung fu Panda 1 and 2, Megamind, etc), but as I do not know the prices, I cannot yet comment on the temperature of this deal.

Spider-Man 1-3 has been re-released, with special features for 1 and 2 (and reduced special features for 3, i think), with $10 movie cash for the Spider-Man reboot coming out soon. I haven't seen these at Wal-Mart, but Futureshop and Best Buy have them, where Best Buy has the better price (13.99, i think). There's always PMing, which worked for me (I saved 20 cents at Future shop! lmao).

What I'm really curious about is The Dark Knight Rises. Will we have Movie Cash for that in the Canadian release of the Nolan Collection on blu-ray? or in some re-released Warner films? If the Nolan collection has it, than $33 for 5 films (http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...dc9e819904en02), with the photo book and cards seems like a pretty good deal.

anyway, i'm tired of typing. hope you guys find (and continue to make) this thread useful!

Old 06-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
Special Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

I love the Movie Cash. It's a great way to upgrade your blu ray collection for "free". I've been doing it for years since the first wave of Fox titles a few years ago. I think it was for X-men Origins Wolverine and all X-men titles on blu had movie cash.

I've taken advantage of many of these. The Disney ones like Toy Story 3, Cars, John Carter, Pirates 4 to the Fox movies like last year's X-men First Class.

It's too bad the Avengers was this year was kind of crappy. You had to buy DVDs of 90s X-men, Fantastic Four and Iron Man cartoons.

On the other hand, I just got two $10 Prometheus vouchers after picking up A-Team and Fight Club on blu for $10 each. I was planning to see Prometheus anyhow so the way I see it, I got two free blu-ray movies.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Toronto, Ontario

The US releases of Blade and Blade Trinity are coming with $5 towards Dark Knight Rises.

I've heard nothing about these releases even being sold in Canada

I have a fellow member shipping a copy of Blade up next week just in case. They can get it for $7.99 down there, so even with the shipping it will probably beat the Canadian price
Old 06-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

The blu-rays at Wal-Mart that include the $8 off for Madagascar 3 are $15. The only one I am not sure the price on is Puss in Boots.

The Spider-Man movies are $12.99 at Best Buy.
My Top 5 Movies of All Time:
1. Forrest Gump
2. Back to the Future Part 1 & Back to the Future Part 2
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 06-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmycon View Post
The US releases of Blade and Blade Trinity are coming with $5 towards Dark Knight Rises.

I've heard nothing about these releases even being sold in Canada

I have a fellow member shipping a copy of Blade up next week just in case. They can get it for $7.99 down there, so even with the shipping it will probably beat the Canadian price
I doubt that as Blade and Blade Trinity both are distributed by Alliance in Canada.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Jon View Post
Went to see Prometheus last night and wasn't able to use the promo tickets I got with my Alien and Aliens blus
Thanks Fox, really appreciate that, now I just hope to hear back from fox because I emailed them.
I noticed the information at the bottom wasn't accurate, but thankfully, my local theatre accepted it anyway.

I don't think Fox has anything to do with the problem, it's the Hollywood Movie Money website. I think this is a programming error that they have yet to correct on their website. The same thing happened with The Muppets. I got free tickets to The Muppets by redeeming codes from Toy Story movies on Blu-ray.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:02 AM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
I doubt that as Blade and Blade Trinity both are distributed by Alliance in Canada.
I bet they will be re-released in a month or two in a blu-ray/dvd combo pack with the new transfers and a slipcover.
My Top 5 Movies of All Time:
1. Forrest Gump
2. Back to the Future Part 1 & Back to the Future Part 2
3. Braveheart
4. Halloween (1978)
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
Yes, but we're talking new transfers, extras, audio, etc. Not just a repack.

Alliance's Blade is cropped from 2.39:1 to 1.78:1 and lacks subtitles and extras, as does Trinity. Compared to the new US releases, they're garbage!

Fanboys was originally a barebones Alliance release, but the newer US release has now replaced in in-store and online, same with Se7en.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmycon View Post
Yes, but we're talking new transfers, extras, audio, etc. Not just a repack.

Alliance's Blade is cropped from 2.39:1 to 1.78:1 and lacks subtitles and extras, as does Trinity. Compared to the new US releases, they're garbage!

Fanboys was originally a barebones Alliance release, but the newer US release has now replaced in in-store and online, same with Se7en.
Warner Bros. is the one releasing the movie, "The Dark Knight Rises" in Canada, not Alliance. You probably won't see a movie voucher attached to the Blade movies on Blu-ray.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Deatsville, Al

So far this summer wife and I got 1 free ticket for MIB3, 3 for Prometheus and 2/ 5 dollar off for The Dark Knight Rises. Not too shabby.
Home Theater...
Mits WD-65638 65" 1080p DLP 3D HDTV w/3D Starter Kit, DirectTV HD 5 tuner DVR w/ 1TB HD, Onkyo TX-SR508 7.1 3D Rcvr, Sony BDP-S470 3D BR player, PS3 slim 160g, Xbox360 Elite w/Kinect, Wii, Surround: Polk Mon 50's, 30's, Center & Sub, Harmony One, Apple MacMini HTPC,
My Star Wars Room"The Outer Rim" http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...&folderid=2438
Old 06-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
Power Member

Oct 2010

Glad to see that they are finally packaging the Movie Cash the right way. I had purchased a "Big Lebowski" digibook about a month back with $10 movie cash for "5 Year Engagement" (yech!). The sticker peeled right off the cellophane when I went to use it. I assume that it why there were so many copies at BB without movie cash...people would just peel the sticker off at the store (or buy it, peel it, and return the movie).

"Prometheus" movie cash, on the other hand, is practically imprinted on the cellophane. Shrinkwrap has to be removed to obtain the code for the movie cash. At least it was with my copy of "Last of the Mohicans".
Old 06-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
Special Member

Feb 2009
NS, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
The blu-rays at Wal-Mart that include the $8 off for Madagascar 3 are $15. The only one I am not sure the price on is Puss in Boots.
Puss in Boots is $15.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Great White North

Quote:
Thats too bad man. Worked great for me. Sure the guy at the counter had no idea how to apply them, called the manager, and within a couple of minutes got my IMAX 3D tickets. Granted I had to pay the difference.
TIL ALL ARE ONE THEATER
Projector: PIONEER FPJ1 (JVC RS2 Clone) 1080P LCOS
Screen: 106" EluneVision 16:9 (White) - 1.2 Gain
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705
Blu-ray: Sony Playstation 3 - 60GB
SVS 7.2 SURROUND SOUND: Fronts & Surrounds: SVS SBS-01 / Center: SVS SCS-01 / Subs: SVS PB10-NSD

TILALLR1's UV / iTunes / Google Play / Disney DMA/DMR / Digital Copy - CODES FOR SALE
Old 06-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #15

Apr 2010

Anyone in Canada got the Spider-Man Blu's with the movie money for the new one? I got 2 and it says to come back July 3rd
Old 06-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #16

Nov 2011

Quote:
Same here. Mine didn't work either. Cashier guy had a hell of a time trying and after 10 minutes, I just said "**** it, I'll pay full price".
LG 42LW5700
Old 06-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #17
Expert Member

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDmark View Post
Puss in Boots is $15.
I think you are mistaken. Pretty sure that one is the only one that isn't $15. If you are right I'll be grabbing one tomorrow.

Thanks for this thread, I thought of doing something like this but I think I still can't start new threads.

Was wondering about the Blade blus with movie cash for DKR but I figured if we hadn't seen them by now we weren't going to.

Question though, I have Blade 2 and 3 in the Canadian version, haven't watched them yet but you guys seem to say they are not any good. I will prob buy Blade next time I get a chance in Buffalo but are those other two really no good to have?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #18
Expert Member

Nov 2010

You guys serious? Planning on using my Prometheus cash on friday. What is the problem?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #19

Jan 2009
Ontario

I used my Prometheus tickets last night and it worked fine. Mind you, I know the person who was behind the till, so that probably made it easier.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivasauce View Post
You guys serious? Planning on using my Prometheus cash on friday. What is the problem?
It's the Hollywood Movie Money website that is the problem. When you select the theatre you are planning on watching the movie at, once the PDF file is created, you will see that the numbers and information at the below of the page are incorrect.

This is the problem that people here are having. People who said that they didn't have problems using the movie cash is because the people did not apply it correctly. I used my movie cash voucher and they accepted it anyway, but I knew it shouldn't have been accepted. They didn't enter the numbers as shown on the voucher, they used a different code for it.

This also happened when I got the movie cash for Disney's The Muppets. The information at the bottom was incorrect. Whoever worked on the website did not do the programming properly.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals