Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Baby Driver 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Breakfast Club (Blu-ray)
$28.35
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Your Name (Blu-ray)
$61.49
Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
John Wick: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Pretty Woman (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Arrival 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
It 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #1

Jul 2010
Ontario, Canada
Canada Canadian Tire - Blu-ray Deals!

Depending which location you go to, most carry blu-rays, and for the most part not a single title I have seen has been special, and neither have the prices.

Today I stumbled upon Appaloosa and Eastern Promises "Metal Packs" not sure if they are seperate from previous blu ray steelbook releases, but for 9.99 I figure that is a steal. (even though Eastern Promises was painful to watch 1st time)

I will be sure to post anymore deals I see throughout the holidays as I am an active CT customer.

(If there is an existing Canadian Tire thread, this can be moved of course, just hadn't seen one here.)
- Top 10 Blus -
Primal Fear - Jackie Brown - Taxi Driver - Pianist - Moon - Thin Red Line - Prometheus - Jaws - The Incredibles - Kick-Ass

TVz - 60" Sharp Aquos 240hz, 42" Sony Bravia 120hz, 36" Sony Bravia 120hz
Playerz - Ps3-360-Wii, 3D Sony BDP S580, Sony BDP S301
Soundz - Denon AVR 1712 -- EW100 7.1 Energy SS |||| Onkyo HT R550 -- 5.1 Digital Research / Polk Audio SS

Last edited by Johnny Vinyl; 03-09-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Toronto, Canada

thanks for the tip - i'll checkout my local store
BLUFANS - V.I.P (2014)
Samsung Plasma PN50B850
My Top 5 Movies Ever: #1) The Matrix #2) Se7en #3) Alien #4) American Beauty #5) Mulholland Drive
MY TRADE THREAD --> http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=266580

R.I.P. Ironsmile35
Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #3
Expert Member

Jun 2011
vancouver

super store gets those in to alot steelbooks in there 9.99 section bin
Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Contributor

Aug 2011

didn't even know crappytire sold movies never seen anything but no name tvs and stuff for sale at mine lol.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
Special Member

Jun 2012
New Brunswick, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron158 View Post
didn't even know crappytire sold movies never seen anything but no name tvs and stuff for sale at mine lol.

Ditto. 2 CT's in town and never seen any movies - but, I'll definitely keep an eye out. These 2 titles mentioned in particular I have been looking at getting the steelbooks, but haven't been able to find them at a price point I liked.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
Special Member

Feb 2009
NS, Canada

Yeah... thanks for the heads-up on the BDs...

I knew CT had movies -- I managed to pick up the live Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe concert on DVD for $8 there a couple of years ago -- I've never seen Blus. Have to have a look now!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

They've had blu's for a while, but always seemed pricier than other stores, so never bothered to mention it. I did buy Altitude from them last year at $11 but then seen it was $9 elsewhere and felt ripped off haha
Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO141FD Owner
LG OLED65E6P Owner

My Flickr
Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
They've had blu's for a while, but always seemed pricier than other stores, so never bothered to mention it. I did buy Altitude from them last year at $11 but then seen it was $9 elsewhere and felt ripped off haha
http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/su...bmLocale=fr_CA

they do price match though and give 10% of the dif back in there crappytire money so if they gotanything good u could alway pm it there. guess ill have to check mine and see what they got.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDmark View Post
Yeah... thanks for the heads-up on the BDs...

I knew CT had movies -- I managed to pick up the live Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe concert on DVD for $8 there a couple of years ago -- I've never seen Blus. Have to have a look now!
I have seen BDs at one CT for about 6 months, like the other posters have written however, they were not deals so I did not bother to post about them.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #10
Special Member

Jun 2012
New Brunswick, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2011 View Post
Ditto. 2 CT's in town and never seen any movies - but, I'll definitely keep an eye out. These 2 titles mentioned in particular I have been looking at getting the steelbooks, but haven't been able to find them at a price point I liked.

No dice at one of the stores in town (no blu's at all, just DVDs); hoping to check the other store tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #11

Jul 2010
Ontario, Canada

Several 9.99 and 6.99 blurays at CT today...(the new massive Bowmanville store)

All new titles...

The Artist
Moneyball
Grumpy Old Men
The Machinist
Aeon Flux
The Fighter
Lord of the Rings (Individual releases some with slips some without)

Probably another 30+ Titles, can't remember them all. Some decent ones though...

- Top 10 Blus -
Primal Fear - Jackie Brown - Taxi Driver - Pianist - Moon - Thin Red Line - Prometheus - Jaws - The Incredibles - Kick-Ass

TVz - 60" Sharp Aquos 240hz, 42" Sony Bravia 120hz, 36" Sony Bravia 120hz
Playerz - Ps3-360-Wii, 3D Sony BDP S580, Sony BDP S301
Soundz - Denon AVR 1712 -- EW100 7.1 Energy SS |||| Onkyo HT R550 -- 5.1 Digital Research / Polk Audio SS
Old 11-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOldy View Post

All new titles...

The Artist
Moneyball
Grumpy Old Men
The Machinist
Aeon Flux
The Fighter

Probably another 30+ Titles, can't remember them all. Some decent ones though...

I saw that deal at a different CT.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #13
Special Member

Feb 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOldy View Post

All new titles...

The Artist
Moneyball
Grumpy Old Men
The Machinist
Aeon Flux
The Fighter

Thanks for the tip! Went out this morning and picked up The Artist, Moneyball, Blue Valentine, Warrior, and Sunshine Cleaning. I was very surprised to find Take Shelter there for $9.99 as well.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:40 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

Did not find THE ARTIST at my Canadian Tires.

These all looked to be more inetVideo blus, but newer titles.

Also saw lots of old DVD TV series and 80s movies. Was tempted to get THE SURE THING for $3.99. They also had the tin box anthology for SUPERMAN for $19.99. A great deal for six movies and some even say they are superior over the Blu-rays.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #15
Power Member

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post
Did not find THE ARTIST at my Canadian Tires.

These all looked to be more inetVideo blus, but newer titles.

Also saw lots of old DVD TV series and 80s movies. Was tempted to get THE SURE THING for $3.99. They also had the tin box anthology for SUPERMAN for $19.99. A great deal for six movies and some even say they are superior over the Blu-rays.
How would they be superior over the blurays?
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOLD CANADA GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluray/DVD collection: http://beefmaster10000.filmaf.com/owned/movies
Old 11-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
Expert Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
How would they be superior over the blurays?
I can only speak for the first film, but due to the filmstock and how it was shot, it didn't exactly make for great PQ. The BR was still superior, just not overwhelmingly so. The packaging and extras are definitely superior if I remember correctly though.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinedoinel View Post
I can only speak for the first film, but due to the filmstock and how it was shot, it didn't exactly make for great PQ. The BR was still superior, just not overwhelmingly so. The packaging and extras are definitely superior if I remember correctly though.
That same inaccurate excuse was made for Terminator and numerous others. New scans in competent hands (meaning grain lovers instead of haters) would produce much better BDs.

I saw the superman films when first released and there was nothing wrong with the filmstock. And not having a poor memory, I recall them well and could easily spot what was first unit stuff, 2nd unit and film library footage.

Last edited by uther; 11-25-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by uther View Post
That same inaccurate excuse was made for Terminator and numerous others. New scans in competent hands (meaning grain lovers instead of haters) would produce much better BDs.

I saw the superman films when first released and there was nothing wrong with the filmstock. And not having a poor memory, I recall them well and could easily spot what was first unit stuff, 2nd unit and film library footage.
Geoffrey Unsworth was responsible for the haziness as shown in the first movie. However, I'm too young to have seen the movie when it was first released, but on every home video release, I've always found the colours to be too muted, and that everything looked too soft. It should looks better than it does now on Blu-ray, but it doesn't.

I do believe that they can do better with the original movie, the video quality on the Blu-ray left a lot to be desired. I think the movie would be better off in the hands of someone who knows how to restore a film, like Robert Harris.

The original Terminator movie, I've always had issues with the video quality of that one. Even though the movie had a low budget, it was still shot on 35mm filmstock. They definitely can do better than the Blu-ray edition that has been around for ages.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #19
Expert Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by uther View Post

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the film stock, but Kodak 5247 had unique characteristics. Combined with the intentional soft focus look of Superman, it produced a certain look. Not bad by all means, and I kind of like it, but it didn't exactly make for a blu the average viewer would get excited about.

Having shot on motion picture film, I appreciate grain. I appreciate blu for finally being able to show us the characteristics of film stock. I applaud Predator, Superman, and yes...The Terminator for this. Saying this helps them look better though, is up to the viewer.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #20
Power Member

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

How are the special features superior, though? It looks to me like they included everything for the bluray release.
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOLD CANADA GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluray/DVD collection: http://beefmaster10000.filmaf.com/owned/movies
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals